Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

anyone getting a little ... bored?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
i dont think releasing new pets or gear is gonna cut it. i just am straight down not playing anymore. i play today for the first time in weeks on my legend i go to pvp play one game with an old bud and we lose (which i dont mind cause my record is around 600-600. but it bothers me that it isnt how it was. the pvp system is completly based on criticals, pvp gear is useless, and lvl 10 lvl 60 warlord spam system. and celestia i think has done more bad than good to be honest. i play on my lvl 30 balance to get a fair fight. the world celestia is unfair too. with the new stun bolt and critical abilities. they even cheat which is one world we wont be able to explore. even if wizards were able to cheat with ice rules and storm rules. that will make it more complicated. and there is nothing fun to do after 60. which is why i hang at lvl 59. as said before by a genous "kingsisle needs to step it up a notch with all these other pc, ps360 games it wont be long until this game is a thing of the past. i would play it more if there is a prestiging system like in some treyarch games. and a no critical pvp match setup. i hope posted or not this is taken to notice to the kings isle company. and i hope that you make this game a competitor in the gaming buessness.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
You don't think W101 is a competitor in the gaming industry? This game is definitely competing with other big-time games like WoW and Lotro, Mabinogi and Fiesta, and others. This game has won awards! How can you even think that it's not big in the gaming world?

And your case contradicts your subject. How does anything you say imply that W101 is getting boring? I used to hate PVP so much, and you just reminded me why. It's because KI catered to PVP whiners and made the game more frustrating for those who don't like to PVP. I can understand the fix to Wild Bolt, but four Stun Blocks per stun from now on? That's way over the top. That pretty much dictates one stun per battle if you're going solo.

And your case for there being nothing to do at Level 60 isn't strong. There's pet collecting, there's Gardening, there's Crafting, there's farming, there's a lot of stuff to do at Level 60 that you can't do at level 1-59.

A lot more of what you said is inaccurate, but I don't have time to expound on it. If you want to stop playing, by all means, bon voyage. Your friends may miss you, but KI won't. In the time it takes for you to quit, 20 more Wizards just subscribed. 20 excited Wizards beats one complaining Wizard any day.

Sigh... That sounded mean, didn't it? Sorry, little miffed and stressed today, but I won't take back what I said. Stop playing if you want to, but I can guarantee that in the long run, you'll regret it.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
ok bye! i'd say see you later, but if you really want to leave and don't come back to W101, then go ahead. you dont need to tell everyone.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
TJCAR wrote:
i dont think releasing new pets or gear is gonna cut it. i just am straight down not playing anymore. i play today for the first time in weeks on my legend i go to pvp play one game with an old bud and we lose (which i dont mind cause my record is around 600-600. but it bothers me that it isnt how it was. the pvp system is completly based on criticals, pvp gear is useless, and lvl 10 lvl 60 warlord spam system. and celestia i think has done more bad than good to be honest. i play on my lvl 30 balance to get a fair fight. the world celestia is unfair too. with the new stun bolt and critical abilities. they even cheat which is one world we wont be able to explore. even if wizards were able to cheat with ice rules and storm rules. that will make it more complicated. and there is nothing fun to do after 60. which is why i hang at lvl 59. as said before by a genous "kingsisle needs to step it up a notch with all these other pc, ps360 games it wont be long until this game is a thing of the past. i would play it more if there is a prestiging system like in some treyarch games. and a no critical pvp match setup. i hope posted or not this is taken to notice to the kings isle company. and i hope that you make this game a competitor in the gaming buessness.

No way am I bored.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I don't know about the intent of the original poster, but, it's hard to go back to worlds pre-celestia and winter tusk to fight enemies that spam weakness and black mantles and fight outside of their school decks. But I guess that's more frustration than boring?

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
random1self wrote:
I don't know about the intent of the original poster, but, it's hard to go back to worlds pre-celestia and winter tusk to fight enemies that spam weakness and black mantles and fight outside of their school decks. But I guess that's more frustration than boring?
you mentioned the weakness spell so i had to comment. like i don't care if a myth creature throws a fire bird at me, using up his power pips for a 3 pip spell instead of a 6 pip earthquake or something, but yeah, weakness drives me nuts! i'm so glad that celestia creatures are trying to flat out kill me, cause i can shield against that! but, in any case, no i am not bored even with my legendary or with my grandmaster who's now one level away from legendary. -eli and crew

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
I can understand and respect what you are saying.. You have probably been playing this game since it first came out- like me. Pvp isn't as fun for me as it used to be - I have around 4,000 tickets saved, and have 1 or 2 of everything offered for the pvp items. I have the pet I like and have been hatching, already have the new level 60 gear- and the crafted gear. ect... So I do understand what you are saying.

At the same time- Wizard101 got huge and got huge- fast!! They are creating new things for us as fast as they can I believe. It's hard though I'm sure when most of are are very avid players- who get the worlds done quickly ect..

Do like I do and take a little break- come back in 6 months (if not sooner) and play again.. They keep everything stored for us- so just return when something is added. :) This is a great game- and although it can be "boring" at times- think of how exciting it is when they add new cool stuff :)

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
Everyone has different wants, needs, expectations and enjoyment from any game. Could be that you've just plain out-grown the game and it doesn't do anything for you anymore.

For me - NOT bored at all - plenty to do still... Of course, I only have 3 legends and working on a 4th wizard (unlike some who have multi accounts and been playing for years.)

I'm enjoying Wintertusk, my second legendary is going through now. I love going through Waterworks - it's great how my Storm breezed through it while I'm still figuring the best way to approch this dungeon on my Death. I only have 1 level 58 pet so far, and looking forward to getting the others and hatching.

I don't pvp really. There's still crafting all kinds of things and gardening... I don't know if I'll get to the point where I feel I've done everything.

Still loving this game! :-D

Defender
May 06, 2009
jakehjk3 wrote:
Do like I do and take a little break- come back in 6 months (if not sooner) and play again..

That is EXACTLY what I did, and i am very glad I did. I left about the time crafting was first introduced and grizzleheim was brought in. Didn't feel like doing grizzle at the time, and I tried crafting on the test realm and wasn't really happy about it.

Since I came back i did grizzleheim, wintertusk, and now doing celestia. I got to play some with gardening, crafting got a much needed fixed (i think the celestia crafting quest could use a revamp on parts needed but different topic) Oh and there is the whole pet hatching I haven't even tried. SOO yea lots of things for me. Also realized there is a kill title I must have.. The bird is the word!!! KI puts so much humor into this game I had completely forgotten since I had left and was plesantly reminded time and time again with the quests.

One critism I would give is that there should be an easier way to find/make groups. Since apparently some of the instances are setup to be for groups making that task easier would be good. I am very glad they removed the global chat channel since it was obvious at the time the general populous couldn't handle it. It is just something is needed IMHO.

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
Nope... not bored. How can a wizard get bored with all of the new things that just keep coming out??!? Finding the time to play is more difficult, for me.
KI continually amazes and impresses me with their expansions and new content ( :)...) actually, and frankly, I'm really looking forward to seeing, experiencing and enjoying the game more.