Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance wizards are crazy at pvp HELP!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
What do ya do when you join a pvp and end up fighting a legendary balance wizard??? i mean ya you can tower and weakness but what happens when you run out of those?? what else can i do to avoid getting owned by a judgement! HELP!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
I don't PvP anymore, but you can buy treasure card Tower Shields at the Library and put them in your Sideboard, use Unbalance (trained at Mildred Farseer on Colossus Boulevard), and use your standard Tower Shield. The main weakness of Balance is that removing your shields, Weakness, etc. requires that they also have to get rid of their Balanceblade, Feint, Hex and Curse, leaving their Judgement to do face value of about 100 unless it's buffed again.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Have you trained weakness? The problem with balance is that their blades and traps are universal making it really easy to cut their damage into pieces with towers and weakness. The trick is to wait until they start blading and trapping before you start your defensive casting. You have to have some universal resist I'm your gear so if you are a critical player try mixing with arena gear to ip your global resist.
Okay so they collect pips for the big bang, what do you cast? Once they feint blade ect. ( most skilled Balance use feint right before judge so this can get sticky) trained weakness is stackable with treasure weakness so stack them both, Aldo try to stack trained tower with treasure tower then spirit armor (remember spirit armor directly relates to resistance). Using this strategy can put the judge on ice against an average sorcerer, i've made a full power pip judge bladed with a 30 trap barely knock the dust off me hitting for 201. But as darthjt described there are three or more feints that can be stacked so in that case you have to hit fast and hard. All depends on who you are fighting but once a judge is effectively blocked the caster is left with 0 pips and you are ready to fold them.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
there are star spells! there is one that reduces the damage you take for 4 rounds. Also, I think the mander polymorph will resist balance.

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Fact about Fire: The core of the sun is 27,000,000 degrees

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
pizzaownt wrote:
What do ya do when you join a pvp and end up fighting a legendary balance wizard??? i mean ya you can tower and weakness but what happens when you run out of those?? what else can i do to avoid getting owned by a judgement! HELP!
hmm well i have two solutions to this, you could stack up towers, or dispel, unbalance, dispels are very very helpful against balance because of there being no shield called "balance shield" so yea i'm with ya on that one, i hate how balance can just do wand and hit of towers so you'd best get some tower treasures and make a stockpile, either that or learn the dispel, thats my advise, : John RubySpear, lvl 60, Fire, Pvp Captain

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
pizzaownt wrote:
UGH!!!!!! Not another balance complain! Seriously stop complaining and just figure out a way to beat them i got legend for all schools and they can all beat balance so quit complaining and find out a strategy (please)... xD.

~James Iceheart Legend Of All Schools

Adherent
May 20, 2010
jmcjmc1 wrote:
UGH!!!!!! Not another balance complain! Seriously stop complaining and just figure out a way to beat them i got legend for all schools and they can all beat balance so quit complaining and find out a strategy (please)... xD.

People have the right to complain. Of course you have the right to complain about their complaining. It might work better to explain HOW to beat Balance instead of just saying "Stop complaining".

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
jmcjmc1 wrote:
pizzaownt wrote:

It dont sound like he is complaining but asking for help so instead of putting him down why not help him! I would but iam not as good a PvPer as you say you are,so with that said you are so good at PvP in all schools then you are the best one to help him. so please help him.

Michael RedBlood death