Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Respect Redux!

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
I would like to give a personal Thank You to Gtarhannon, TravisAk, and the others who politely responded to my respect post.

Yes, I still have a long way to go, when it comes to being nice, I know that and I am trying. I am learning restraint as I go and it is Very difficult at times.

Yet, the whole reason for the post is, if we all can learn to be a little more "Respectful" as TravisAk pointed out, a little bit nicer and not so harsh with Noob this and Noob that, it could be a much more fun and wonderful world!

I also think that a little common curtousy will go a long way, not only in the PvP forum, but in PVE as well. I am not telling people what to do or how to play like some people think, I am asking that we all use a little common sense and be polite instead of trashing anyone we disagree with.

Travis and I rarely see eye to eye on many topics, yet we can be respectful torward one another. So, if we all just try a little bit harder and act a little bit more mature, we can make this and many other forums a lot more instructful and insightful!

Explorer
May 13, 2010
Kudos to Darthjt for trying to learn the graceful art of respect. This is a hard one to wrap our closed human minds around and I think we all could be more respectful of others and their views. We do not all have to agree on the same things just agree to disagree and do it with some dignity and grace.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
I almost agree with this post lol. and i did read the other. I cant say i have never called someone a noob before, but most people on this game have no brains.

For example i will enter a 1v1 match and get a higher lvl who can critical and will go first. Then he decides to say something stupid to me. Like, "lol silly magus noob is losing", so me being the person that i am will call him out about how big a noob he really is for cheating using critical against a lower lvl who has no block and going first. That is a noob. No question about it. And me calling him a noob is just stating the facts ya know?

And if i win, i bet you can all guess what happens next. They will report me.
Several of my friends have been banned for false reports so this bothers me quite a lot.

I have never reported someone on this game. And if i were to get banned because of something like that, and lost all that time and money i have spent on this character, lets just say i wouldnt be a very happy camper.

Evan Unicornpants

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Agreed, looking back on my posts I am the first one to point out my mistakes in communicating effectively. I am quick to point out a problem (my view lol) without providing any real solutions and can be quick tempered when I'm passionate about an idea or crusade.

It's important that we understand people will never agree on everything and to show patience, especially with younger people. Their issue or problem may seem a bit ridiculous to a more experienced player but it affects them and therefor IS a problem. Instead of dragging them through the mud it is our responsibility as mature players to try to help them out and give advise. We have to show tolerance and respect the right of anybody (to a degree ;) to voice their concerns.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
It would also help if people stopped making excuses!!

I got yelled at for using a single myth dispel against my opponent, who was both going first and winning the fight. She decides because I used a dispel she would flee the ranked match and start complaining at me in all caps. Thanks for the free points lady.

Also got called a minion noob recently which is kind of new to me. Seriously telling me as a myth to not use minions is like telling a fire to not use DOT spells. It just isn't going to happen!

And of course treasure noob came up a couple of times. Not like I abuse them geez. Forgive me if being prepared and having 2 or 3, 4 at max back up cards in an emergency is such a crime -_-

(I mention this because excuses have been used as a launching pad for personal attacks and harassment as shown above.)

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
It would also help if people stopped making excuses!!

I got yelled at for using a single myth dispel against my opponent, who was both going first and winning the fight. She decides because I used a dispel she would flee the ranked match and start complaining at me in all caps. Thanks for the free points lady.

Also got called a minion noob recently which is kind of new to me. Seriously telling me as a myth to not use minions is like telling a fire to not use DOT spells. It just isn't going to happen!

And of course treasure noob came up a couple of times. Not like I abuse them geez. Forgive me if being prepared and having 2 or 3, 4 at max back up cards in an emergency is such a crime -_-

Lol i am a myth aswell and i get the minion noob all the time! And i pretty much would say the same thing myth not using minions is like storm not using lightning.

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
PvE stands for Player vs. Environment or Enemy! (Playing the game/quests)

PvP stands for Player vs. Player (Human Vs. Human)

Hope that helps!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
darthjt wrote:
I would like to give a personal Thank You to Gtarhannon, TravisAk, and the others who politely responded to my respect post.

Yes, I still have a long way to go, when it comes to being nice, I know that and I am trying. I am learning restraint as I go and it is Very difficult at times.

Yet, the whole reason for the post is, if we all can learn to be a little more "Respectful" as TravisAk pointed out, a little bit nicer and not so harsh with Noob this and Noob that, it could be a much more fun and wonderful world!

I also think that a little common curtousy will go a long way, not only in the PvP forum, but in PVE as well. I am not telling people what to do or how to play like some people think, I am asking that we all use a little common sense and be polite instead of trashing anyone we disagree with.

Travis and I rarely see eye to eye on many topics, yet we can be respectful torward one another. So, if we all just try a little bit harder and act a little bit more mature, we can make this and many other forums a lot more instructful and insightful!

Noble thing to do, my friend.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darthjt wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very hard for me to grasp totally, I guess. I have to firmly believe that an Imposter is standing in Darthjt's place.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
darthjt wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is very hard for me to grasp totally, I guess. I have to firmly believe that an Imposter is standing in Darthjt's place.

Joe,
Joseph LionHunter.

LoL oh thanks Joe, My learning tolerance is impossible? lol so I must be an imposter. I have a good friend who pointed out to me, that as good as my ideas are and no matter how much evidence I provide, it is overlooked when I am condescending, all they see are my crude remarks.

So, I am trying for now, to see how correct she is, because I am trying to point things out that most people don't see or understand, so I want my points and evidence to be examined and given serious thought, rather than discarded, so I am trying to improve!