Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

dropped pets?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 18, 2011
i have fought or betterknown as farmed for pets with several bosses i know drop pets. one boss i have fought 7 times so far another boss 4 and another boss 3
i have recieved drop pets from other bosses earlier in game ie a dark sprite and 2 blue ghosts

my question is do i have to keep the farming up over and over again or does it count if i fight him a couple times with no reward get tired of it leave go do some quests and come back again as farming?

also why do i fight a boss 4 times in a row then a buddy ports to me at end of fight guy has been there for 2 turns and bang he gets the pet and i get a clothing item for a school i cant use and is no auction :-( , lame by the way :x. i know i can sell the item to zeke for 200 g when at auction house its worth 5k?

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
It's all random, sometimes you'll get the pet on the first try, sometimes you won't. It's strange how it works, one time I got a pet and then went back in twice with a friend trying get the pet for her and I ended up with 3 Strorm Cats! But she has came in with me and ended up getting a pet on the first go-round and it takes me weeks to get one myself.

Right now, I stand at 33 different dropped pets (I have multiples of some) but some pets, I just can't seem to get even though I go after them multiple times a day.

I have all the pets from Wizard city, except the Snow serpent and the Dark Sprite and I'm sick of fighting Gobblestone and Gravewynd to get them.

From Krokotopia, I only have Krokomummy, Ghoul, Fang Bat, Green Cat Thug and Life Troll.

From Marleybone, Brown Rat, Pixie Queen (without card), White Rat, Clockwork Golem, and Frog. I go through Kensington Park 2-3 times a day trying for the Seraph.

From Mooshu, Troll, Storm Bat, Treant, Death Bat and Leprechaun

The only Dragonspyre pet I have is the Queen Spider

I have all of the Grizzleheim pets except the Fire Bat and possibly the Pixie Queen (with card). I say possibly the Pixie Queen because there is some question about if the pet even drops anymore.

No dropped pets from Celestia

I play 5+ hours a day and most of that time is spent farming pet and statue drops.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
No rhyme or reason - all random.

I know someone who farmed Cuthalla for hours on end in 2 days before he got the spinyfish. He spent a quite a bit of time with Astreaus to get the sea dragon as well. And so on...

I don't farm for pets. But as I was farming the wrong boss for a kraken statue, I managed to get 2 storm snowmen. As I was farming for stuff to sell for hatch money, I managed to get 2 spinyfish. Yesterday morning I was helping someone through the Trial of Spheres and I get a sea dragon from Astraeus. I've helped people with the Troll brothers and I've gotten 2 lifebats. I've helped someone else with the Coven and I got a wildclaw. Sometimes I get dropped pets so random, I get what I call doorstep babies - because they appear in my backpack or bank and I don't know who dropped them.

I think it's because you are consciously trying... Just like it seemed to take forever before I got my kraken statue - and I bet there are people who got it without even trying! :)