Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Spells NOT 70% Accurate

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2011
I've been tracking my spells for a week, and it's more like 62.7%. In some duels I've had 4 spells fizzle in a row. The developers need to double-check the percentages, something's not right.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Fizzling four times in a row with Storm is very possible; ask any Legendary Diviner, which is by far the rarest school for Legendaries, in my experience.

You may want to check out the "fizzle rate broken" thread to see some more of my vews on matters such as this, but I'll just summarize: You're most likely going through a phase of bad luck, but if you really think that something is wrong, contact support; they'll be happy to check for you.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
I didn't think they hit 70% of the time either, but I never tracked it for a week to gather proof of this so I just put it off as bad luck. Even though 62.7 is a pretty big difference from 70, that may be the case for you too. A week of spells still may not be enough represent an accurate percentage

I am sure the game testers have shot thousands of test spells in every school to test their accuracy. The more spells you fire the closer to the actual out come you get.

6/10 is 60%
67/100 is 67%
679/1000 is 67.9%
6850/10000 is 68.5%

You can see where I am going with this

So you may have had some bad luck that week. Don't sweat too much. Plus you will eventually get robes and stuff that increase your accuracy.

My first and best wizard is Storm so I know what you mean and how you feel but now that I have gear that gives me an extra 15% accuracy I am OK with how much he fizzles now. (Even if I fizzled 3 times in a row today...that hasn't happened in ages)

There is a possibility that you are correct though, and for some reason storm spells fizzle more than they should and the staff haven't noticed it. So it may be at least worth a double check but they will probably come to the same conclusion I did which is, sometimes you hit a spot of bad luck or go on a fizzle spree but overall the percentage is 70

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
that doesnt mean they arent 70% accurate. That is just probability. What your number was, was luck. Take this example: You flip a coin 20 times. Theres 2 sides so its a 50% chance to land on either one. Just because it has 50% to land on side doesnt mean it always. Which is the difference between probability and luck. The number wasnt that bad actually since it was supposed to b 70% but you were a bit down on your luck everynow and then. Hope this helped clarify the situation.

Historian
May 01, 2010
JeffK627 wrote:
I've been tracking my spells for a week, and it's more like 62.7%. In some duels I've had 4 spells fizzle in a row. The developers need to double-check the percentages, something's not right.

dont worry everything is fine, you are just getting the bad luck part of the draw. a storm spell is always 70% accurate (no gear no pet booste etc.)

so like some people think, it is garunteed to hit 7/10 of the time, but thats only half of it. i am bringing back an example people used in another thread...

there are 100 marbles in a bag, 70 red and 30 blue, if you randomly draw out a marble it can be blue or red, but most likly red. but. there is a fairly small chance that you keep on drawing blue out over and over again (btw you keep putting the marbles back, thus keeping it at 70%) making it seem like "fizzle rates are broken" but they really are not.

everything is fine, just keep on going through this time and you will overcome this. i suggest getting some accuracy boosting clothes or enchantments.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
You can have a row of bad luck. My Pyromancer had a period where she had 99% accuracy (gear+pet+aura), yet still managed to fizzle thrice in a row. Other times, a Diviner without any bonusses can manage to successfully cast a spell six times in a row while the Theurgist with him/her fizzle the same amount of times.

It all comes down to luck. I recommend you invest in Sniper cards from the bazaar - they are fairly cheap.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Armiger
May 10, 2010
JeffK627 wrote:

Some people have said the accuracy or as some call it (fizzle rate) has been off for a long time. Many many messages have been posted on this topic, yet nothing has ever been done!

Others, would say, you are just having a chain of Bad Luck :-(

But, keep positive, when storm reaches Legendary, they have the best accuracy of 96%, and over 100% with a pet that gives accuracy!

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Its 70% i am sure you see the more you use storm spells in a match the more likely your going 2 fizzle.This goes with all schools.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Look at it this way, necromancers, life and balance get no boost to accuracy unless they have crown gear, pets with school-shot or sharp-shot, or craft gear which takes away their resists :)

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
It's Not a percentage of success as you have tracked. Like the statement of the coin you have a 50% chance of heads or tails not heads 50% of the time.

So with these spells it is like rolling dice. So you have a 70% chance the spell will activate and you roll your dice. Anything under 70 on d100 is success while over 70-100 is a fizzle. If you had aim bonus then it improves your chance of rolling successful dice.

You could roll d100 100 times and not roll each number once it's random. You could however roll 70+ four timed in a row to demonstrate your 4 fizzes. The computer is rolling dice one the background of the game for your.

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
Tragamite wrote:
It's Not a percentage of success as you have tracked. Like the statement of the coin you have a 50% chance of heads or tails not heads 50% of the time.

So with these spells it is like rolling dice. So you have a 70% chance the spell will activate and you roll your dice. Anything under 70 on d100 is success while over 70-100 is a fizzle. If you had aim bonus then it improves your chance of rolling successful dice.

You could roll d100 100 times and not roll each number once it's random. You could however roll 70+ four timed in a row to demonstrate your 4 fizzes. The computer is rolling dice one the background of the game for your.
there is that a how you use school vs spells use