Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reduced marking cost

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
In the beginning, marking is very cheap and affordable. But in Mooshu and beyond as we earn better gear and are awarded all these expensive spells and have to go through even longer quests and are placed in bigger worlds, marking begins to cost more. This is because it is based on a percentage of our total mana, I believe.

But it does become burden when you mark a location and it ends up costing you something like 60+ mana!

Sure, there are lots of ways to get mana quick when you are in safe zones, and potions are a plus. But say you are juggling two or three quests at a time in a realm where there are no mana orbs floating about and you want to mark a specific location to return to later, or a friend asks for help and you port after marking your location, or lets assume that after you have marked your location, losing 60+ mana, you are captured by an enemy and forced to fight with say, only 14 mana. See, it becomes really expensive.

Can we have reduced mana consumption for marking please?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
CorbinW wrote:
In the beginning, marking is very cheap and affordable. But in Mooshu and beyond as we earn better gear and are awarded all these expensive spells and have to go through even longer quests and are placed in bigger worlds, marking begins to cost more. This is because it is based on a percentage of our total mana, I believe.

But it does become burden when you mark a location and it ends up costing you something like 60+ mana!

Sure, there are lots of ways to get mana quick when you are in safe zones, and potions are a plus. But say you are juggling two or three quests at a time in a realm where there are no mana orbs floating about and you want to mark a specific location to return to later, or a friend asks for help and you port after marking your location, or lets assume that after you have marked your location, losing 60+ mana, you are captured by an enemy and forced to fight with say, only 14 mana. See, it becomes really expensive.

Can we have reduced mana consumption for marking please?

Why not always mark then teleport straight to the commons of the current world, where there is usually plenty of mana to refill. Sure, it takes a few seconds, but even with a friend waiting to enter a dungeon, most will understand (and for those who call for help after entering a combat, well, sometimes it is live and learn what not to do).

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
You might need to bump up your blue mana. I always do that with my wizards to make sure I can mark an area and then have enough to fight.

Explorer
May 13, 2010
You need to up your mana the cost is not all that bad cause if you are marking from a full mana globe you should by now have enough mana to go through at least two or three fights. You only use an average of about twenty to forty mana in a boss fight and half that for non-boss fight. I suggest like others have said you up your mana count or mark and then port to the commons and recollect.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Marking always has and probably always will take a quarter of your Mana. I see no reason why it should be changed.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010