Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mastery Amulets and Training Points

AuthorMessage
Adherent
May 20, 2010
The school Mastery Amulets are a bit pricey at 9950 Crowns. I realize that training point retrain costs have been reduced, but I have a better idea.

With a purchase of a school Mastery Amulet, the wizard also gets a token as an in-game gift. The token is no-auction, no-trade, no-sell. It's good for one reset of points at Mr. Lincoln.

Essentially, this means that buying one of these amulets gives a free reset of training points.

I don't know if it would be feasible to program this, and I do realize that this would reduce the amount of Crowns purchased. However, since it could saving wizards something in the neighborhood of 4000 Crowns, it might be compensated by additional sales that would not otherwise be made.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009

Thats a very good idea. I would actually buy crowns for this purpose if buying the amulets give you a one-time free pass to retrain.

No way am retaining our buying those amulets as they stand. Am too poor for that and even if i could afford it, in today's economy, I'm not willing to pay that much for virtual goods

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
I totally agree. The amulets are way too expensive. I only have room in my deck for my primary school. In order to even think about purchasing the amulet, I would have to have a much bigger deck. Also, that would mean that I would have to take off an amulet (like tower shields) that are really useful in battle. I would like the idea of multiple amulets. The token retrain idea is also a great idea.

Mastermind
Aug 01, 2009
They aren't supposed to be cheap.. I think the price is fair on these.. what wouldn't be fair, is to change things after they have already been released, and people have already bought them..

These are just as beneficial as a mount, so I think they should cost the same as a mount.