Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Watch your pips.

AuthorMessage
Delver
May 04, 2009
Please disregard my question (below). I think I answered it already.

I just read the Players Guide again, "How to Play" section, and it does say that "you lose Mana even if the spell fizzles".

Thank you for listening...
============================

I started a new Storm wizard who is now in Krokotopia. I thought I noticed this happening earlier, but now I have made it a point to watch this closely.

When I cast a storm spell, it takes the pips away from my mana count, but then sometimes the spell fizzles, and I have still lost that much mana.

Example: I cast the Kraken spell. It took 4 pips from my mana globe, and then the Kraken spell fizzled.

I cast the Kraken again on the next round. It took 4 more pips from my mana globe, and this time the spell did cast okay.

The same thing happened when I cast the Lightning Bat spell. First time, it took two pips from my mana globe, but the spell fizzled.

I cast them the next round, and again it took two more pips from my mana globe, and this time the spell cast okay.

I did send an e-mail to Support with a DxDiag and a Wizard Client Log file attached so they could check it out.

Did anyone else notice this happening (especially on Storm)?

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Hollen1233 wrote:
Please disregard my question (below). I think I answered it already.

I just read the Players Guide again, "How to Play" section, and it does say that "you lose Mana even if the spell fizzles".

Thank you for listening...
============================

I started a new Storm wizard who is now in Krokotopia. I thought I noticed this happening earlier, but now I have made it a point to watch this closely.

When I cast a storm spell, it takes the pips away from my mana count, but then sometimes the spell fizzles, and I have still lost that much mana.

Example: I cast the Kraken spell. It took 4 pips from my mana globe, and then the Kraken spell fizzled.

I cast the Kraken again on the next round. It took 4 more pips from my mana globe, and this time the spell did cast okay.

The same thing happened when I cast the Lightning Bat spell. First time, it took two pips from my mana globe, but the spell fizzled.

I cast them the next round, and again it took two more pips from my mana globe, and this time the spell cast okay.

I did send an e-mail to Support with a DxDiag and a Wizard Client Log file attached so they could check it out.

Did anyone else notice this happening (especially on Storm)?

Yes yes, it happens all the time, and it is normal. Even though I may be Life, I sometimes get that darn Black Mantle on me and I fizzle. Then, my mana drains also, but since it happened every time, I figured it was not a bug.