Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Filter Chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2009
I'm trying to turn filtered chat off, but it's not working. whenever I press disable, I still have filetred chat on the game.

The only options for your account are Menu Chat and Text Chat.

Menu Chat is also referred to as "bubble chat". It is completely safe and all players may use the Menu Chat.

To use Menu Chat, simply select the Chat icon from the upper left corner of your screen. A list of categories and words will appear that you can select from that looks like this:

Text Chat is a form of chat that allows you to communicate with other players by pressing the Enter key and typing words from our dictionary.

When you press Enter on your keyboard, you can type words from our Wizard Dictionary, and then hit Enter to say your sentence.

Your account is not eligible for Open Chat.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
May 16, 2009
What I meant was text chat, not open chat. So, can I have only menu chat, to text chat?

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28840.ftl

If you are unable to use the chat function, it is possible that your account does not have Text Chat enabled. Accounts set up as over age 13 players are able to use the Text Chat.

You may also simply have the Chat Bubbles turned off. You can turn the chat bubbles on and off by pressing the letter O on your keyboard.

If you have an account that is over age 13 and still cannot chat you might need to enable the feature. To enable you must login to Wizard101.com and select "My Accounts". Under the "Account Management" section login to your parental controls and click on the 'enable' button located next to the 'filtered text' option.

Text Chat for players with under age 13 accounts can only be turned on by a parent/guardian over age age 18. The parent/guardian must validate his/her age by buying a Membership or Crowns with a valid credit card.

If you have previously been able to use Text Chat and no longer can access it, it is possible that you have been reported for harassment or other misconduct. Please contact Customer Support using the "Ask a Question" button on the Help & Support page.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.