Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cheating cheats

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 08, 2010
I never knew that the new bosses can cheat but thats bad, I cant get passed any bosses that cheat I want that to change their not only strong they have their own rule that disterbs me and disrups the concept of playing by the rules :x :x :xI know you cant change this but im gonna stop playing if this continues.

yous sincerly,Jason ( Level47)

:(

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
helllotus wrote:
I never knew that the new bosses can cheat but thats bad, I cant get passed any bosses that cheat I want that to change their not only strong they have their own rule that disterbs me and disrups the concept of playing by the rules :x :x :xI know you cant change this but im gonna stop playing if this continues.

Yes, bosses can cheat. Yes, they're stronger than most other bosses. Yes, they have their own guidelines for their cheat. No, it does not disrupt the concept.

You can AVOID the boss cheats, first of all. As you said, each cheating boss has a guideline for their cheat. Simple solution: don't step over the guideline. Cheating bosses are all about strategy; you can't just point and click like with other bosses. They require thinking.

Secondly, if you can't handle hard bosses by yourself, bring a friend or two. Two to four heads are always better than one.

Thirdly, if you quit over something so juvenile as this, you're GOING to regret it, trust me. It's not like if you quit, KI will send you a letter begging you to come back. In the time it took you to quit, about 20 more Wizards just subscribed.

Don't fret over something as small as cheating bosses. I had to face cheating bosses, too, and I'm just fine.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and World-class Pumpkin Eater

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Lol, fine, stop playing. If you aren't up for stepping up to a challenge and whine about it the by all means depart. The individual "cheat rules" that the bosses have are not difficult to work around, plus it makes you think and enhances the gaming experience.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I have a post about this, when you battle them, they have an opening statement

Ex.

Procyon: I do not tolerate heal spells

So, dont heal when you battle him
Other cheats are high attack cards you cant play, low attack cards you cant play, -90 shields, -20% of heal cards, etc.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
There was a game for super nintendo. Super Mario RPG Legend of the seven stars. It had a boss who would randomly lock buttons during the battle. He could lock the attack button, the use item button, and the cast spells button.

These bosses seem similar. Instead of locking your traps or your four pip and higher spells they get an extra action when you use them.

You can also cheat the cheaters. That guy that throws up shields when you cast low level spells? cast all the blades and traps you want, then earthquake him and pass a few rounds. You could also use a damage over time spell, that would break the shields he puts up when you cast other spells. Just discard your wand spells since those make him heal himself.

It is meant to add an extra challenge to the game. If you have gotten this far we know you can beat a regular boss, we know you can deal 20,000 damage in one swing, but can you beat this guy? Besides if they didn't handicap you like this then they would have to put the bosses in dungeons or gauntlets and, give them like 40,000 health, and minions; it would take even longer to farm them.

Survivor
Feb 20, 2011
Quiting Wizard101 all because of a cheater oh come on I had to finish this boss in Celestia for my big brother and nothing really happened to me I just keep on putting blades charms wards and shields and casted stormzilla and the enemy died instantly. So don't quit, Well why would you want to quit anyways? (not being mean) It would just take a few tries untill you get it and come up with ideas to defeat your enemy like using alot of strong spells for attacking all enemies and things like that so don't let a little boss let you down!

Let fire flame you up!
Ashley Angelbreeze level 20 wizard pyromancer

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Well on my death account I did this before. But now it seems like for ever to do this again! I knew there was this quest but no one told me we had to do it!? So can wizard101 can just make this quest easier! like make it too floors high with the carb and the final bosses?

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
I agree that bosses can cheat like how some get critical like every other turn or when you get critical they block it. Thats part of the game to be hard and require thinking. I'm not the smartest person on the block, but I have stratergy something quiters lack. Try using their strengths against them or even the odds before you fight a boss mark your location there then kill the helpers and redo it so its 1v1. They cant beat you 1v1 so thats why they have helpers if the boss is your school use the convert or spells from your secondary class or just get friends. Have you ever heard two heads are better than one? If these posts were giving you dont work then quit, but your quiting an awesome game and you'll regret it.

Aaron Drakewalker Level 56
Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 09, 2010
Well I got to hand it to you I've been through most of it and boy is it hard. Like the first comment it has a "way" to get angry. I've fought the CL bosses and well one said you couldn't use a same school spells plenty of times. Its ok to go through the dire consequence once but after that you must learn from your mistakes. P.S: dont quit now by the time that happens already even more people plays the game, there is a reason over 15 million players play this.

Justin Dragonfist lvl60 Necromancer

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
try putting periods at the end of your sentences... I could barely understand you. Anyway, very few bosses cheat, once I felt the way you did, but there are SO few of them that they dont have much of an effect on the game. So dont quit this awesome game just because of cheating bosses. In fact, the reason they cheat makes them that much more fun to battle!

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
"Shine On..."

Explorer
Dec 21, 2008
I understand. When you fight them focus on what spell you are using and his reaction to that spell. record the results and make a strategy. :D :D

Mathewboomhammer lvl60

Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
helllotus wrote:

Yes, bosses can cheat. Yes, they're stronger than most other bosses. Yes, they have their own guidelines for their cheat. No, it does not disrupt the concept.

You can AVOID the boss cheats, first of all. As you said, each cheating boss has a guideline for their cheat. Simple solution: don't step over the guideline. Cheating bosses are all about strategy; you can't just point and click like with other bosses. They require thinking.

Secondly, if you can't handle hard bosses by yourself, bring a friend or two. Two to four heads are always better than one.

Thirdly, if you quit over something so juvenile as this, you're GOING to regret it, trust me. It's not like if you quit, KI will send you a letter begging you to come back. In the time it took you to quit, about 20 more Wizards just subscribed.

Don't fret over something as small as cheating bosses. I had to face cheating bosses, too, and I'm just fine.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer and World-class Pumpkin Eater

Thank you jack! i guess pyromancers are really smart, cause i am one too (lv 50) anyway, yes, as he said, they do not care if you quit! they will loose, wow
10 dollars a month out of $1,000,000. and yes, more wizards join every day, so dont complain!

and if you quit, your loss, you lose hours and hours of fun, and they lose, what, like a hundreth of thier monthly income. Quitting will get you nothing

just cause one kid ( or adult) wants something, out of all their 90.000.000 subscribers, they wontdo it just for you!
that is just being selfish!

Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
helllotus wrote:

k i was literally stuck on crimson fields for three and a half months! it was the ! :( dont quit just take a month break or so like i did then somebody on my friend list was on the sme quest and we did it together! dont quit and if you do your loss. you should face frostbranch in wintertusk if you did you would sy that boss is easy!

sincere wishes,
dolan ogrerunner necromancer level 52 and 1/2

Survivor
May 27, 2009
It seems like the henchmen cheat more than the bosses. I was in Briskbreeze Tower at the time. The first boss was fire. A fire henchman came out of nowhere. His first spell was Meteor Strike. It did 10,000 damage! Now, he had no Fire Blade, no Fire Trap,and no Critical! :? How is that possible!

Yours Sincerely,Nathan Bluestone ( Level 60 Fire)