Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

cant choose your opponet in rnk pvp

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 12, 2009
so me and my friend keller wanna battle each other but we want ranked matching so there is a outcome. But apparently we cant battle each other because you can't choose each other as an opponet. So that spoils our time in arena

Can you atleast make it so you can choose your opponet and do a friend only battle in rnked pvp?

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
dylanforwalk wrote:
so me and my friend keller wanna battle each other but we want ranked matching so there is a outcome. But apparently we cant battle each other because you can't choose each other as an opponet. So that spoils our time in arena

Can you atleast make it so you can choose your opponet and do a friend only battle in rnked pvp?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the answer is no. The reason, that I can think of anyway, is that then anyone would easily be able to get warlord rank through repeated duels with friends. Take, for instance, those that have more than one account. They can keep dueling "noob" characters until they make warlord.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Good idea at face value but here's the problem, many people have more than one account so what you could do under this proposed system is befriend your other wizard on another account and have one of them Intentially lose. By doing this you are increasing your own rank to whatever you want, sry but his would ruin ranked pvp.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
dylanforwalk wrote:

They can't do this for ranked PvP, because of exploitation. It is inevitable that someone will create a second wizard to constantly win against to get really high ranking. It will become a contest of how many battles, vice how many wins.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
yeah you guys are making a lot of sence but i guess it's worth not changing it :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
travisAk wrote:
Good idea at face value but here's the problem, many people have more than one account so what you could do under this proposed system is befriend your other wizard on another account and have one of them Intentially lose. By doing this you are increasing your own rank to whatever you want, sry but his would ruin ranked pvp.

Even if you did get yourself to warlord like that you might only be as good as what I like to call and under rated private( people under 500 points in PvP). So it wouldn't matter. It would make PvP easier.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
You CAN do this in ranked pvp, i've done it! First you make a friends only game by clicking on the friend tab and creating a friend only duel. Then ask your friend to go to that page and join your duel. He should be able to join.

William Crowthisle Legendary Pyromancer

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
You CAN do this in ranked pvp, i've done it! First you make a friends only game by clicking on the friend tab and creating a friend only duel. Then ask your friend to go to that page and join your duel. He should be able to join.

If this is allowed, it shouldn't be changed to unrated, for obvious reasons.

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
colagada wrote:
Nicitas wrote:

If this is allowed, it shouldn't be changed to unrated, for obvious reasons.

Well your not telling it right. Its call join up with a friend. It makes you teamates in 2v2 3v3 4v4 matches. It doesnt make you enemies.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Nicitas wrote:

Actually, you can't do that when you do the friends only tab and press create match in 1v1, it only comes up at that name and you wont be able to join, however, you can do that in PRACTICE not ranked, so you must have made a mistake and did that in practice, not ranked. ~James Iceheart Legend Of All Schools

Explorer
Jul 14, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
dylanforwalk wrote:

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the answer is no. The reason, that I can think of anyway, is that then anyone would easily be able to get warlord rank through repeated duels with friends. Take, for instance, those that have more than one account. They can keep dueling "noob" characters until they make warlord.

Exactly

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
jmcjmc1 wrote:
Nicitas wrote:

Actually, you can't do that when you do the friends only tab and press create match in 1v1, it only comes up at that name and you wont be able to join, however, you can do that in PRACTICE not ranked, so you must have made a mistake and did that in practice, not ranked. ~James Iceheart Legend Of All Schools
no, see, only your friends can join ranked pvp duels. They can only join your team, and the computer randomly sets you up with another team. Now if you wanted to choose your OPPONENTS, and i misread something in your post, then i cant help you there.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
dylanforwalk wrote:

Make keller your friend( if you already did thats fine) and make sure you do friend 1v1 and keller do friend 1v1.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
dylanforwalk wrote:

YOU CAN! first of all there is a way 2 click the rnk pvp thingy then hit the handshake button create a match and only your friends can join!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
jmcjmc1 wrote:
Nicitas wrote:

no, see, only your friends can join ranked pvp duels. They can only join your team, and the computer randomly sets you up with another team. Now if you wanted to choose your OPPONENTS, and i misread something in your post, then i cant help you there.
No! You can't do a 1v1 against your friend unless you create a match like 1 second apart and you're somewhat the same levels. this is still james xD