Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What secondary school is best for a fire?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 09, 2011
I'm only level 13, and it seems like i'm always dying. I'm very new to the game, so I don't know a lot about the strategy or what wand would be best, or how I get my accuracy, crit, etc. up. I tried the Ice School, but I didn't like it. I've read that Fire and Storm work well together, but I've also read that they don't.

Help!

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
extrapoison wrote:
I'm only level 13, and it seems like i'm always dying. I'm very new to the game, so I don't know a lot about the strategy or what wand would be best, or how I get my accuracy, crit, etc. up. I tried the Ice School, but I didn't like it. I've read that Fire and Storm work well together, but I've also read that they don't.

Help!

i am fire and my secondary is balance it boosts fire

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Well what I would do is train Ice up to Tower Shield, then life up to satyr, then shields and dispels. Hope this helps.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
I chose Storm. It's spells has a high damage, but maybe some people will chose Ice, opposite of fire

Robert Emeraldpyre
Level 47
Savior Of The Spiral
Fire Wizard

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
From what I gather from your post you're having a hard time staying alive so the choice becomes clear. Choose life, fire can already hit hard with their own school spells so what you need is a support school for secondary. Life will keep you alive while you build for attack.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Fire already gives you powerful attacks. Storm spells aren't going to be much help. Ice attack spells aren't much use, either. The Tower Shield is handy, but you should already have a Glacial Shield to block 70% of Storm and Ice spells, and a Fire Shield to block Fire spells. There's a better way, which I'll outline later.

Before you decide what secondary spells to train, be sure you have all the spells to date for your main school. If you don't have the Sunbird and Link spells, go see your teacher Dalia Falmea in Ravenwood. If you don't have Fire Shield, go visit Sabrina Greenstar at the Fairegrounds in the Commons.

Next, check your equipment. Visit the Bazaar in Olde Towne. Check your worn equipment against what's available for the highest level you can buy (level 10 in this case) in your school. You can sort both, level first, school second, on the menu and get a quick picture. For example, Charbane's Helm is a nice Fire hat, and Alicane's Band is an excellent ring. You may be able to get a lot more health and mana with the right equipment, and the extra health could be the difference between victory and defeat. If you have or can afford Crowns, you might get an Ascendant Staff, which gives an extra pip at the start of Battle. You can get that in the Crowns Shop (the red crown at the upper left corner of your screen).

Once your spells and equipment are in order, it's time to choose a school. Since you probably have 4 training points, I recommend going to Moolinda Wu and training Life up to Sprite. This will give you two handy spells: the Legend Shield, which helps to block Death and Myth spells, and Sprite, which will heal 300 over time and costs only one pip. With these, you have shields against all schools except Life.

Next, learn to set up your deck. You're given quests to battle various enemies. Even when you go in to fight a boss, you can see the school of the enemies you're facing. Plan accordingly. You need to stock the right Shields for the enemies you're facing and Fire Prisms if you're facing strong Fire enemies. For example, a Legend Shield won't usually do you much good against a Storm enemy.

Good luck.

Defender
Mar 07, 2009
i picked Ice and found it Bad so the next time i get more Crowns i'm switching to Life

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Well my first wizard was fire and i choose life. Its very helpful. You dont really need any more attacks. But i did pick storm as my third school for fire bosses.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2011
My wiz is fire, and I chose life as well. Great for healing more than anything. And also balance blades to boost!