Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Even Newer Spell Ideas

AuthorMessage
Delver
Dec 06, 2009
I am proud to present the even newer spells for all of the schools.
Well, here they are, I hope you like them.

Storm
Spell Name: Mermaid
Spell Accuracy: 70%
# of Pips: 8
Spell Description: Deals 330(Base) Storm Damage to one opponent. After the damage inflicts onto the target, the Mermaid dispels the next storm spell they will use. The spell will also remove any aura that is placed on you, or will transform you back from your polymorph the upcoming turn. A D.O.T. spell will be also placed on the target, and until the target heals him/herself or others, the D.O.T. will be active. The D.O.T. will deal 230 Per turn(Base).

Ice
Spell Name: Mirrored Ward
Spell Accuracy: 80%
# of Pips: 1-9
Spell Description: This is a shielding spell. It is based off of the # of Pips you have, 15% shielding per pip. Any Questions please ask.

Life
Spell Name: Nymph
Spell Accuracy: 90%
# of Pips: 7
Spell Description: Deals 210 Damage to one player on the other side plus 475 Over three turns (That's a total of 685 base life damage).

Life
Name: Persephone (The goddess of the Spring)
Accuracy: 90%
# of Pips: X
Clouds quickly amass and cover the floor, and a bright sun is established in the background. Slowly, the form of a lady elevates upwards from under the clouds. She mirthfully raises her right arm, with a bright white flower stationed in her palm. She then gazes up towards the sky as a green esssence escapes from the flower and races towards the Wizard.
The spell deals 125 Health per pip over three rounds. (almost the opposite of heckhound) (Deals 42 Health each round per pip as a base heal)

Fire
Spell Name: Cherufe (A Volcanic Lord/God.)
Spell Accuracy: 75%
Spell Description: Deals 90 Damage Per turn for an "X" amount of turns. The # of Turns can spand up to 14, dealing a base damage of 1260(Max Base) Fire Damage overall over 14 Turns.

Star
Spell Name: Elongate
Spell Accuracy: 100%
# of Pips: 2
Spell Description: This particular Star Spell enhances the number of turns you have left from either your allies' polymorph stage or your aura effect by 3 Turns.
Ex. You cast an aura spell. Turns fly by as they do and you're down to two turns. You cast this spell on yourself, wasting two pips, but elongating the # of turns the aura has left by three turns. You are also able to cast it on one of your allies if they have either a polymorph OR an aura on them.

Ice
Spell Name: Agitate
# of Pips: 6
Spell Description: It's almost in a way like taunt, but it's not. This time, after the spell is successfully used, all of the targets on the other side cannot hit anybody except for the caster for Three Whole Turns. If the Caster is defeated during these three turns, then the targets will be able to attack the Caster's allies the following turn. Any Questions please ask.

Death
Spell Name: Shadow
Spell Accuracy: 85%
Spell Description: Deals a Base Damage of 350 Damage and Converts Half to the Caster. After first attack, a D.O.T. will be situated on the target, inflicting 525 Damage over three turns (That's 175 Death (Base)Damage per turn.) and will convert half over time to the caster.
Any Questions please ask.

Balance
Spell Name: Oracle
# of Pips: 4
Spell Description: Deals 625 Damage to one opponent. Once the spell successfully hits, the target(s) are unable to obtain power pips for 3 Turns.

Myth
Spell Name: Purification
# of Pips: 4
Spell Description: Removes all traps placed on all allies.

These are the Newer Spells To my original collection of Spells. If you want to see my other spells, click on this link. If you are unable to do that, go check out the Topic named "New Spell Ideas" Created by me, Icewing43.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/32615.ftl

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge
"We've all been noobs before ..."

Armiger
May 10, 2010
icewing43 wrote:

Storm
Spell Description: Deals 225(Base) Storm Damage to one opponent. After the damage inflicts onto the target, the Mermaid dispels the next storm spell they will use. The spell will also remove any aura that is placed on you, or will transform you back from your polymorph the upcoming turn. A D.O.T. spell will be also placed on the target, and until the target attacks the D.O.T. will be active. The D.O.T. will deal 435 Per turn(Base).

Why are you going back to rank 8 spells, instead of going forward to rank 9? Just a question! I like the fact that this is a D.O.T., but why remove aura or polymorph because of this spell?

Ice
Spell Description: This is a shielding spell. It is based off of the # of Pips you have, 10% shielding per pip. Any Questions please ask.

Now, if this was an aura, I could see it, but as a shield, earthquake, pierce, steal ward, all make these useless! Besides, ice already has 37% resistance! Maybe a good X-pip spell like you gave fire, that would be cool!

Life
Spell Description: This spell will only be allowed to be used 2 times (MAX) in the Life Wizard's deck. It deals 420(Base) Life Damage and Removes a healing card from your deck associated by pip value. It removes the Healing Spell that has the highest pip value, X Pip Spells starting first.

I really don't understand this spell, or the point of it, please explain. Also, life needs a D.O.T. spell, or a DOT AOE! Still one of the few missing this!

Fire
Spell Description: Deals 90 Damage Per turn for an "X" amount of turns. The # of Turns can spand up to 14, dealing a base damage of 1260(Max Base) Fire Damage overall over 14 Turns.

I love this idea, but 90 base, higher than storms base? Would be even better if it was over 3 rounds! Awesome thought though!

Star
Spell Description: This particular Star Spell enhances the number of turns you have left from either your polymorph stage or your aura effect by 3 Turns.
Ex. You cast a Mander Polymorph. Turns fly by as they do until you have two turns left. You cast the spell Elongate, and it lengthens the # of turns you have left by 3 Pips.

Problem here is, you get the polymorph deck and they don't have these spells... Not exactly sure what the point of this would be! A better idea would be to cast a spell to be able to use multiple auras!

Ice
Spell Name: Distract (I'm not sure if this is another actual spell in the game, if it is please notify me. I am also deciding on whether or not to add an attack for this spell.)
Spell Description: It's almost in a way like taunt, but it's not. This time, after the spell is successfully used, all of the targets on the other side cannot hit anybody except for the caster for Three Whole Turns. If the Caster is defeated during these three turns, then the targets will be able to attack the Caster's allies the following turn. Any Questions please ask.

That is like a taunt and for 6 pips? Sorry, pretty useless if you ask me. I think for Ice a good x-pip spell would be nice! Something like Avalanche!

Death
Spell Description: Deals a Base Damage of 350 Damage and Converts Half to the Caster. After first attack, a D.O.T. will be situated on the target, inflicting 525 Damage over three turns (That's 175 Death (Base)Damage per turn.) and will convert half over time to the caster.

I love this idea, but for 6 pips? Also is this AOE or just single enemy?

Balance
Spell Description: 470(Base) Balance Damage to the target. After the attack successfully hits, a charm will be placed on the target/opponent. It will not be activated until the opponent/target casts reshuffle. If that is done, then the Charm disappears and the Reshuffle spell automatically fizzles. As a result, it removes the opponent's whole hand of cards they essentially had before they casted reshuffle. Any Questions please ask.

That is basically a dispel that does damage and only dispels one spell. It means loss of all cards if reshuffle is used, meaning instant defeat! However, Mobs don't use reshuffle, so this is in essence, for PvP only and would give balance too much of an advantage!

Myth
Spell Description: Deals 330(Base) Health to every single player on the Caster's side and removes all traps placed on all allies.

Wow, myth heals now too? almost sounded good. Hmmm, maybe something different please, a good AOE, or 2 attack in 1 round AOE?

These are the Newer Spells To my original collection of Spells. If you want to see my other spells, click on (or copy) this link. If you are unable to do that, go check out the Topic named "New Spell Ideas" Created by me, Icewing43.

Thanks for your ideas, some are great, some need work, but atleast you are posting them and putting ideas out there! Keep up the good work!

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
darthjt wrote:
icewing43 wrote:

Storm
Spell Description: Deals 225(Base) Storm Damage to one opponent. After the damage inflicts onto the target, the Mermaid dispels the next storm spell they will use. The spell will also remove any aura that is placed on you, or will transform you back from your polymorph the upcoming turn. A D.O.T. spell will be also placed on the target, and until the target attacks the D.O.T. will be active. The D.O.T. will deal 435 Per turn(Base).

Why are you going back to rank 8 spells, instead of going forward to rank 9? Just a question! I like the fact that this is a D.O.T., but why remove aura or polymorph because of this spell?

Ice
Spell Description: This is a shielding spell. It is based off of the # of Pips you have, 10% shielding per pip. Any Questions please ask.

Now, if this was an aura, I could see it, but as a shield, earthquake, pierce, steal ward, all make these useless! Besides, ice already has 37% resistance! Maybe a good X-pip spell like you gave fire, that would be cool!

Life
Spell Description: This spell will only be allowed to be used 2 times (MAX) in the Life Wizard's deck. It deals 420(Base) Life Damage and Removes a healing card from your deck associated by pip value. It removes the Healing Spell that has the highest pip value, X Pip Spells starting first.

I really don't understand this spell, or the point of it, please explain. Also, life needs a D.O.T. spell, or a DOT AOE! Still one of the few missing this!

Fire

I love this idea, but 90 base, higher than storms base? Would be even better if it was over 3 rounds! Awesome thought though!

Star
Spell Description: This particular Star Spell enhances the number of turns you have left from either your polymorph stage or your aura effect by 3 Turns.
Ex. You cast a Mander Polymorph. Turns fly by as they do until you have two turns left. You cast the spell Elongate, and it lengthens the # of turns you have left by 3 Pips.

Problem here is, you get the polymorph deck and they don't have these spells... Not exactly sure what the point of this would be! A better idea would be to cast a spell to be able to use multiple auras!

Ice
Spell Name: Distract (I'm not sure if this is another actual spell in the game, if it is please notify me. I am also deciding on whether or not to add an attack for this spell.)

That is like a taunt and for 6 pips? Sorry, pretty useless if you ask me. I think for Ice a good x-pip spell would be nice! Something like Avalanche!

Death

I love this idea, but for 6 pips? Also is this AOE or just single enemy?

Balance
Spell Description: 470(Base) Balance Damage to the target. After the attack successfully hits, a charm will be placed on the target/opponent. It will not be activated until the opponent/target casts reshuffle. If that is done, then the Charm disappears and the Reshuffle spell automatically fizzles. As a result, it removes the opponent's whole hand of cards they essentially had before they casted reshuffle. Any Questions please ask.

That is basically a dispel that does damage and only dispels one spell. It means loss of all cards if reshuffle is used, meaning instant defeat! However, Mobs don't use reshuffle, so this is in essence, for PvP only and would give balance too much of an advantage!

Myth
Spell Description: Deals 330(Base) Health to every single player on the Caster's side and removes all traps placed on all allies.

Wow, myth heals now too? almost sounded good. Hmmm, maybe something different please, a good AOE, or 2 attack in 1 round AOE?

These are the Newer Spells To my original collection of Spells. If you want to see my other spells, click on (or copy) this link. If you are unable to do that, go check out the Topic named "New Spell Ideas" Created by me, Icewing43.

Thanks for your ideas, some are great, some need work, but atleast you are posting them and putting ideas out there! Keep up the good work!

K have you seen my other spells? I intentionally put these spells as other ranks because I already posted the rank nine Spells.

Mermaid, I don't know what your problem is with this spell. For the question of the removal of the auras/polymorphs, it's like asking for the Leviathan spell, why remove two Charms.

For the Mirrored Ward Spell, If it was a blade, the effects would be the same. Earthquake would be able to remove it, Fire Wizards would be able to steal it, and Storm Wizards could be able to remove it, I don't get your point ...

Ok, for the Nymph Spell, I can see where you're going. I originally made this specific spell for PvP only, but I will change it for a Life D.O.T. for ONE opponent only. Thanks for the comment ...

For Cherufe, I intentionally lowered the amount of damage for a reason. The reason being, the D.O.T. will last a # of "X" turns. During those "X" turns, you can trap, feint, buff, etc. the D.O.T. spell, which would result in even more overall damage.

Elongate ... Ok, I messed up on the context. I meant for it to be somebody else lengthening your turns insted of you alone. But you'd be able to Lengthen the Auras casted on you (or any of your allies).

Look, in PvE, Taunt is used to attract the npcs attention. Taunt DOESN'T work in PvP. This Distract (I'm going to have to rename it) will force the other players (OR npcs) to attack you. It's nothing like taunt.

For the Death spell, do you think the pip value is too low or high? Also, it's a one target spell, not an AoE.

For the Oracle spell, I can see a potential flaw in that. It's going in the trash, thanks for telling me, I'll try to form up another idea.

Ok, have you looked at my other Thread? I already posted Myth attack spells on there. Go check it out first lol ...

Thanks for the Constructive Criticism, I like how you expressed yourself, I'll be working on the flaws in the specific spells.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
These spell Ideas are under revision right now. Wait half a week until trying to comment on the spells.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
The editing has been done!! The new spells are up-to-date now and will hopefully have no more flaws!! :D :D

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Hopefully you guys like these spells. I wish the Moderators could post something on here, that would be awesome, but I certainly know they can't even if they wanted to.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
icewing43 wrote:
The editing has been done!! The new spells are up-to-date now and will hopefully have no more flaws!! :D :D

I'll tell you if I catch any :-).

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
mman17 wrote:
icewing43 wrote:

I'll tell you if I catch any :-).

Thanks!! :D Hope you like them :D

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Great i love this idea i like the volcanic god one thingy migigy :) :) :) :) :)

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
dperrea wrote:

Thanks!!

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
these spells added onto your other thread should be sent to KI. They need to use these!

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
dperrea wrote:

i completely agree. Cherufe is like the opposite of a heckhound, and it gives pyromancers the use of traps finally!

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
I also think that a nice idea would be this.

I will do it in the same type of format Icewing43 has used.

School of Life Spell

Clouds quickly amass and cover the floor, and a bright sun is established in the background. Slowly, the form of a lady elevates upwards from under the clouds. She mirthfully raises her right arm, with a bright white flower stationed in her palm. She then gazes up towards the sky as a green esssence escapes from the flower and races towards the Wizard.

The spell deals 115 Health per pip over three rounds. (almost the opposite of heckhound).

Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Survivor
Nov 21, 2009
Your ideas are the best I've seen yet. That's counting wintertusk as well. I've heard A TON of complaints from the storm wizards about their spells, KI needs to look at this!

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Ruggz wrote:
Your ideas are the best I've seen yet. That's counting wintertusk as well. I've heard A TON of complaints from the storm wizards about their spells, KI needs to look at this!

Thanks for the constructive criticism, I'll get to adding the Life spell you posted for me.

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
School of Life Spell

sould be 4 round

then he goes to vist hades LOL :D

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
heres a storm lvl 68 spell idea.

Name: Behemoth
Pips:9
Type: Attack
What it does: 1060 damage to all enemies and 460 life to all friends
What it looks like: A huge purple, wingless, standing dragon appears. it makes balls of electricity on on it's hands and smashes toghether and a lightning bolt hits the enemy (attack phase) . Then it turns around and blows a purple aura on you (healing phase)

Enjoy this awesome creation

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
icewing43 wrote:

Storm
Spell Description: Deals 225(Base) Storm Damage to one opponent. After the damage inflicts onto the target, the Mermaid dispels the next storm spell they will use. The spell will also remove any aura that is placed on you, or will transform you back from your polymorph the upcoming turn. A D.O.T. spell will be also placed on the target, and until the target heals him/herself or others, the D.O.T. will be active. The D.O.T. will deal 230 Per turn(Base).
I am afraid that thats not enough damage for storm and the only monsters that use auras are star and they remove them and only players polymorph and they dont it much sorry to be negative but it needs more damage to it ! :D

Ice

Life
Spell Description: Deals 210 Damage to one player on the other side plus 475 Over three turns (That's a total of 685 base life damage).
Thats not that good e.g a Centaur or rebirth can be done and forest lord is only a pip away needs more damage even for life

Life
The spell deals 115 Health per pip over three rounds. (almost the opposite of heckhound).
Hmm heckhound is stronger usually healing is stronger than any attacks maybe 150-200?
Fire
I dont really understand this can you pls expand on that?

Star
Spell Description: This particular Star Spell enhances the number of turns you have left from either your allies' polymorph stage or your aura effect by 3 Turns.
Ex. You cast an aura spell. Turns fly by as they do and you're down to two turns. You cast this spell on yourself, wasting two pips, but elongating the # of turns the aura has left by three turns. You are also able to cast it on one of your allies if they have either a polymorph OR an aura on them.
Needs to add more rounds e.g4,5 not 3 : :D
Ice
Too many pips and ice does not use taunt much and taunt can last forever (whole battle) maybe lessen it by 2 pips?

Death

Balance
# of Pips: 4 or 8
Spell Description: Deals 625 Damage to one opponent. Once the spell successfully hits, the target(s) are unable to obtain power pips for 3 Turns.
nice idea so it reduces thier pips by 3 i think base dmg lowered by um to 500?
Myth
# of Pips: 5

Um Really Really need to lower its pip cost to um 1,2? or maybe a convert doulbe attack to normal attack?

These are the Newer Spells To my original collection of Spells. If you want to see my other spells, click on this link. If you are unable to do that, go check out the Topic named "New Spell Ideas" Created by me, Icewing43.

Thanks about listening and i love the names but needs a bit of editing and i

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Storm
Spell Description: Deals 225(Base) Storm Damage to one opponent. After the damage inflicts onto the target, the Mermaid dispels the next storm spell they will use. The spell will also remove any aura that is placed on you, or will transform you back from your polymorph the upcoming turn. A D.O.T. spell will be also placed on the target, and until the target heals him/herself or others, the D.O.T. will be active. The D.O.T. will deal 230 Per turn(Base).
I am afraid that thats not enough damage for storm and the only monsters that use auras are star and they remove them and only players polymorph and they dont it much sorry to be negative but it needs more damage to it !

Pretty good here, a little busy though.

Life
Thats not that good e.g a Centaur or rebirth can be done and forest lord is only a pip away needs more damage even for life

Under powered, make it 6 pips or increase the damage slightly. Since its a DoT the damage can be high, so maybe about 100dpp?

Ice
Spell Description: This is a shielding spell. It is based off of the # of Pips you have, 10% shielding per pip. Any Questions please ask

Way under powered! Tower shield is 0 pips and is a 50% shield, so why spend 5 pips for a 50% shield? Also accuracy should be 100% since its a shield. Maybe it puts multiple shields on you instead of its power increasing, for example it gives you one -35% shield per pip.

Life

Another completely under powered spell. Sprite heals 300 for 1 pip, so spend 3 for about the same cost, no way. Also the avererage healing for life spells are 210, and the is not HoT. Though X pips spells need to be weaker then the average, so about 255 per pip. So the total is more powerful then healing all at once, but still weaker then the Hpp of sprite. (Though maybe it should be weaker becuase then this spell becomes more powerful than regenerate.)

Fire

Looks great!

Star

Ice

Death

Very nice!

Balance
# of Pips: 4 or 8

What do you mean 4 or 8 pips? Does the effect change when used with 4 pips? Explain more.

Myth
# of Pips: 5

Maybe make it 4 pips? I really don't know for this spell, but since traps seem to rarely be used (pve and pvp) I would decrease the pips cost.

I Really like your ideas! They would actually add something to the game (unlike most ideas that I have read)! Your only problem is that your scared of your spells being over powered, so you weaken them. Don't be afraid of that though, just look at some spells already in the game and compare, or if there is nothing to compare too, use pip math.

-Solstice64
P.S the reason why I am criticizing you so much is becuase it is hard to proof-read your own work.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Thank you solstice for your constructive criticism, I'll get to the minor mistakes asap.