Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Prism?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 21, 2011
So I have a question about prisms. I put my fire prism on the enemy. Then the enemy puts up an ice shield. (fire prisms turn fire damage into ice damage) When I use a fire attack and changes because of the prism, sometimes the ice shield will deflect the 80% of my attack. Sometimes it doesn't. What is the reason that sometimes it deflects and sometimes it doesn't? Is it just chance? Please help me.

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
If you put the Prism before your enemy puts the shield, you'll defy the shield, if you put the Prism after the shield, it'll run into the shield

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
price7676 wrote:
So I have a question about prisms. I put my fire prism on the enemy. Then the enemy puts up an ice shield. (fire prisms turn fire damage into ice damage) When I use a fire attack and changes because of the prism, sometimes the ice shield will deflect the 80% of my attack. Sometimes it doesn't. What is the reason that sometimes it deflects and sometimes it doesn't? Is it just chance? Please help me.

No, it is not chance. If you put on the prism first, it bypasses the shield for that turn. However, your next ice or fire prism will trigger the shield. If the enemy has the shield up first, your prism conversion will activate the shield.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
I'm not quite sure. I think that if the person puts the shield BEFORE the prism than the shield works and if they put it on afterwards it doesn't

BUT if you put a prism on and the monster puts up a shield, and you use an attack and the shield doesn't work, the shield WILL work next time you put up a prism.

Thats just from my observations though, nothing official so I could be wrong