Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

weather at the commons

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 04, 2009
okay i was thinking about balefrost and that rainy thing( its storm ) and said," hey why not have weather at the commons?". you could have fun in the snow or rain and on a hot day you could cool off in the commons water. If you dislike this idea ( witch i love ) don't comment but peoples you kinda like it post a comment. ANYWAYS somedays it would be raining leaves ( you know like crazy from the trees ( may need to plant more ) ). barley somedays it would have ( something myth that YOU get to comment about ... post an idea for the myth cause i'm burnt out). anyways ( again ) ( i love this color! ) okay ( i got tired of saying anyways )

P.S-
KI can you plz make a hair salon my hair is an ugly color and i wanna change it
and another P.S-
this is by Elizabeth GoldenBlossom ( lvl 37 ) hope i see you in the game!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
uhhhhm, i didnt understand the last part, but great idea! You could have weather at your house too!

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
can't some people have old computers and if there was weather it would take FOREVER for that old computer to load the commons

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
izzi250 wrote:
can't some people have old computers and if there was weather it would take FOREVER for that old computer to load the commons
Maybe they should get a computer from 2011 and not 1995.But yes i have always thought of this idea weather in wizard city and night time in wizard city.There could be raining weather snowy weather evan hot hot weather.But in hot hot weather you can like see the air moving like it does in the desert vibrating air molecules. :)

Survivor
Dec 14, 2008
I love this idea it would be pretty cool as a new joining wizard to just pop up in a blizzard or something like that.

Dustin DarkCrafter, lvl 58 storm

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
pyromaniac023 wrote:
izzi250 wrote:
Maybe they should get a computer from 2011 and not 1995.But yes i have always thought of this idea weather in wizard city and night time in wizard city.There could be raining weather snowy weather evan hot hot weather.But in hot hot weather you can like see the air moving like it does in the desert vibrating air molecules. :)

It is not always a computer problem. The activity in the commons is so great on some servers that an individuals internet connection may not be able to handle it. Internet connections may not always be the users problem either, since some remote places only offer satellite or dial up. I like the idea, but the commons may not be the best place for changing seasons, since it is already heavily congested. Maybe Old Town or the Shopping District for the free players too? Ravenwood already has changing seasons if you walk around the circle :)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Well, I'm going to comment just because you said not to. First, you're comparing apples and oranges. Global spells like Balestorm and Darkwind (the spell that slipped your mind) have a completely different method of creation from adding weather to the Commons. Second, walking through the Commons is taxing on peoples' computers and laptops as it is; if they added weather to the Commons, they'd have to increase the teleport wait time to at least five minutes in order to keep the game from crashing. By the way, to all those people who say, "Well, then just get a computer that isn't old": I don't know if you've seen those green pieces of paper with dead presidents' pictures on them, in order to purchase things like a new computer. Lastly, why? All the weather could ever be is visually pleasing. Your wizards can't play in the snow, they can't stomp in rain puddles, and they don't get hot, so they literrally cannot cool off in the Commons lake. This is a RPG, not simulation game. There's no point to adding weather in Wizard101, just more superfluous aspects to the game. You want virtual weather? Get The Sims 2: Seasons. On the topic of a hair salon, I wish KI would just add it so people can stop bringing it up.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I like the idea of weather. But like the other posts say, it's too much for the computers. My computer is only a couple years old. And when I come across a full commons, or an area of tons of activity, it is very taxing. I can't just walk across in the direction I want, so I have to wait a few seconds, walk a few paces, wait, walk a few paces, and I'll eventually get to where I'm going. I do wish, however, that they would put some seasons at the houses. And, yes, I am a big fan of the hair salon idea!

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
twilightwma wrote:
okay i was thinking about balefrost and that rainy thing( its storm ) and said," hey why not have weather at the commons?". you could have fun in the snow or rain and on a hot day you could cool off in the commons water. If you dislike this idea ( witch i love ) don't comment but peoples you kinda like it post a comment. ANYWAYS somedays it would be raining leaves ( you know like crazy from the trees ( may need to plant more ) ). barley somedays it would have ( something myth that YOU get to comment about ... post an idea for the myth cause i'm burnt out). anyways ( again ) ( i love this color! ) okay ( i got tired of saying anyways )

P.S-
KI can you plz make a hair salon my hair is an ugly color and i wanna change it
and another P.S-
this is by Elizabeth GoldenBlossom ( lvl 37 ) hope i see you in the game!

No, but weather in the commons as it is might be ok.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Not too big of a fan for the Weather, but the Day/Night shift system would be nice to introduce ...