Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crowns Items too Expensive?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I myself and not that much of a big crown user, since I find that the subscription covers everything you really need. But have seen the pricing on some things? One of the wands in crown shop is 5000 crowns. 5000 crowns is equal to one 10$ gaming card, unless you buy the 60000 crowns from the site then it is much cheaper, but still doesn't it seem like pricing for most crown items is a bit too high? I mean would never plan on spending around 10 REAL dollars just for a wand in a game. Share your opinions whether you think the pricing is too high for crown items or not.

I'm just guessing but it might just be that KI needs it that high just for their funding of the game and other software/hardware upgrading.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Well, I do agree that it's kinda pricey to be a crown shop regular. But, as you said, subscription gives everything you really need. The crowns shop items are Kingsisle's way of making extra income, and truly they aren't that unreasonable. You can get a lot of the things in there for gold, and compared to other games I have played, it's not as expensive as it may seem. Of course I'm not going to say what games they are, but here's some statistics. I'm using one other game I'm a regular on for this.

-Wizard101 has some no stats gear for the sake of looking awesome, and crone wise Guardian's outfit is like 7,000 crowns I think. In other games, these type of items averae about $20, and you can't use game money on them. So with wizard101 they've given us a pretty sweet deal.

-Same thing with wands/staves/spears/stick like things. Wizard101 offers the Lifeforce Blade for a real world value of about $10. Other games I'm basing this on average $20-35. Pretty "cheap".

-Another point, the subscription is fairly cheap as well. (If you add in similar features, Wizards is cheaper than Webkinz). More expensive crowns items makes the game playable.

In all, I think the crowns shop pricings are pretty fair, and just for having the subscription you can win some of them or buy them with the gold you make.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
Well, I do agree that it's kinda pricey to be a crown shop regular. But, as you said, subscription gives everything you really need. The crowns shop items are Kingsisle's way of making extra income, and truly they aren't that unreasonable. You can get a lot of the things in there for gold, and compared to other games I have played, it's not as expensive as it may seem. Of course I'm not going to say what games they are, but here's some statistics. I'm using one other game I'm a regular on for this.

-Wizard101 has some no stats gear for the sake of looking awesome, and crone wise Guardian's outfit is like 7,000 crowns I think. In other games, these type of items averae about $20, and you can't use game money on them. So with wizard101 they've given us a pretty sweet deal.

-Same thing with wands/staves/spears/stick like things. Wizard101 offers the Lifeforce Blade for a real world value of about $10. Other games I'm basing this on average $20-35. Pretty "cheap".

-Another point, the subscription is fairly cheap as well. (If you add in similar features, Wizards is cheaper than Webkinz). More expensive crowns items makes the game playable.

In all, I think the crowns shop pricings are pretty fair, and just for having the subscription you can win some of them or buy them with the gold you make.

Thanks, this is the first Online game ive played so I dont really no what the regular is for rare item pricing.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
some of the items, yes
but other than those i really just get the ones that are available for gold
i personally love the mounts and houses and think that the crown price and gold price are about right for those and even some of the pets
but usually i just get a gift card every so often and get crowns that way just to satisfy myself with gifts

Survivor
Nov 19, 2010