Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Amulets: Which school will be least played?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 06, 2010
With the new amulets, which school will be least played?

Or if you want to think about it this way, which amulets will be the most popular because the quest spells for that school aren't that important?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
The new amulets will allow players to take better advantage of their secondary school choice attacks. As a result, each wizard will pick an amulet, hopefully based on what their secondary school is that best fits their playing style. So it is too difficult to say which will be least played given each individual wizards set up. Some will work better than others, of course.

Although I do know of a few spells that people would love to cast for less pip cost:

Earthquake
Judgement (treasure most likely)
Heckhound (Oh my goodness...)
Pixie and Satyr (Now I can finally heal and not lose all of my pips)

I made a horrible mistake and bought a balance amulet. I should have taken death along with my life amulet to accompany for some future choices. Ah well.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Desferous wrote:

Or if you want to think about it this way, which amulets will be the most popular because the quest spells for that school aren't that important?

least used- balance
most used, myth(pvp) and life (pvp pve)

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Betting on Life and Storm for the most popular, and Myth and Balance for the least.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Desferous wrote:

If you ask me, the one that would be least bought or used, is the Ice amulet! Who wants to have weak attacks?

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Aren't the school quests spells that make the schools special in the first place?

I can foresee a lot of ice/life, ice/storm, life/death and maybe life/myth combos. Life because myth has two AoE spells where as life has none until the level 58. Balance/life would be a really good support wizard.

Most unlikely attack based wizards will probably stick with life as a secondary for satyr. But, if they want to stick elemental/elemental or spiritual/spiritual so that they don't have to carry extra blades their primary school can't use.