Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bazaar trader broken or cheating...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
I was just trying to sell stuff on the bazaar and noticed he was giving me different than what he offered. If I click on ORE for example, he says he'll give me 31 gold for it. When I click on sell, it says "Are you sure you want to sell ORE for 21 gold?" Last time I checked, 21 < 31.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The price changes as the Bazaar gets fewer or more of an item. What probably happened is that somebody else sold Ore to the Bazaar while you had the menu open. That would lower the price you are offered, and the confirm screen told you as much.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
Prices in the Bazaar (buying and selling) raise and lower depending on how many of item are in stock. Somebody must have unloaded a bunch of ore before you completed your sale.

Megan

Survivor
Mar 05, 2011
colagada wrote:
The price changes as the Bazaar gets fewer or more of an item. What probably happened is that somebody else sold Ore to the Bazaar while you had the menu open. That would lower the price you are offered, and the confirm screen told you as much.

No, I clicked on sell, it said the wrong price. I backed out, it said the right price. I clicked again, it said the wrong price. One was not the same as the other at all.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
just like real life supply and demand play a big part in the bazaar

Adherent
May 20, 2010
tonym144 wrote:
colagada wrote:

No, I clicked on sell, it said the wrong price. I backed out, it said the right price. I clicked again, it said the wrong price. One was not the same as the other at all.

I understand. When you open the menu. the Bazaar will give you the price at the exact time you opened the menu. If the supply goes up or down in the meantime, you may get a different price. You can open and close the popup window all day, and the price probably won't match the first one you saw on the screen.

If you're offered a different price than what's on the screen, you can refresh the price list. You can do that by clicking on the category (Regeants in your case). This will bring up the new prices, which may be what the game offered you in the popup window.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
:x :x :x i went to buy some stone blocks i pressed buy more i bought 6 and it said 0 stone blocks where bought fore 0 gold! and i chould not buy any stone blocks and when i just pressed buy its said it was not sussesful and i had a lot of space in my back pack

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
cheeserobot wrote:
:x :x :x i went to buy some stone blocks i pressed buy more i bought 6 and it said 0 stone blocks where bought fore 0 gold! and i chould not buy any stone blocks and when i just pressed buy its said it was not sussesful and i had a lot of space in my back pack

When this happens somebody else bought the items before you.
Megan

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
Don't forget, you aren't the only person there. If someone is unloading a bunch of stuff at the same time as you, then the prices will vary greatly from the offered price. If you want full price, just try again later. That's what I do, or sometimes if you hit the "sell more" button, it'll give you full price.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
tonym144 wrote:
I was just trying to sell stuff on the bazaar and noticed he was giving me different than what he offered. If I click on ORE for example, he says he'll give me 31 gold for it. When I click on sell, it says "Are you sure you want to sell ORE for 21 gold?" Last time I checked, 21 < 31.

The Bazaar is a wonderfully-populated place. Items go up in money and down in money because the amount of that item has either raised, or sunk.