Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How many hours does it take to complete......

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
Malistaire's dungeon? I heard it was 2 hours or more. If I have 3 hours on would I be able to finish it? P.S I'm still getting the chests to ride the drake and I need to do labyrinth all over again, anyone want to help? If so meet me tomorrow in satyr at 5 o' clock central time. Thanks for your answers,

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
darklord347639 wrote:
Malistaire's dungeon? I heard it was 2 hours or more. If I have 3 hours on would I be able to finish it? P.S I'm still getting the chests to ride the drake and I need to do labyrinth all over again, anyone want to help? If so meet me tomorrow in satyr at 5 o' clock central time. Thanks for your answers,

You still have two more game areas (plus) to finish, but as far as the final dungeon in DS....it will vary. If you go with someone who knows it, under 2 hours, if you know someone who knows where to sneak, and when to do the flee trick, about an hour. This assumes you carry out quick combats (all selections done when countdown timer hits 20 secs left) and you bring people with area spells, etc.

If you take a party new to the dungeon, give 3 hrs to be safe.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
My first day at DS on my first wizard, I met someone at the Basilica and asked me to help him fight Malistaire. I told him I just got there and I didn't have 2 hours then. He laughed and said it will not take 2 hours. He of course had 3 other legendaries and knew the ropes. With just him and me, we were done between an hour to hour and a half. And this was when you had 3 crystals to activate and also coordinate the fight before the door to Malistaire's area.

3 wizards later, I have been through Malistaire's dungeon so many times - either helping or as a quest for my own wizards. I have never spent 2 hours in there. You get a good group (whether 2 or 4) and avoid the "accidental" fights, it can definitely be done in about an hour and a half. Especially since there is only one crystal now. And I am not talking about shortcuts (flee and port) that some like to do either. I am talking about honestly doing the dungeon. Multi hit spells are really helpful, and death converts too for last fight.

Good Luck! :)

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
The dungeon really doesn't take that long. Me and another legendary can do it pretty much alone. If you really have a short amount of time (Like if you're only allowed to play for 30 minutes every night or something) you can do this.
-Go into the dungeon and have at least one friend (the more the better) to help you.
-Once you get to the Gurtok demons, ignore the blue one. Have a friend run into the fight with the red Gurtok, while you run around the battle and get the crystal further into the dungeon. After this you can go back to your friend. If you still have about 30 minutes left, go ahead and fight him. But, if your time is limited, stay out of the fight and have your friend flee and teleport back to you.
-Go through the doors and kill what you need to kill to get to Malistaire.

I really suggest you do the whole dungeon in order, this is only if you have a very very very short amount of time.

Explorer
Sep 02, 2009
sunsword44 wrote:
The dungeon really doesn't take that long. Me and another legendary can do it pretty much alone. If you really have a short amount of time (Like if you're only allowed to play for 30 minutes every night or something) you can do this.
-Go into the dungeon and have at least one friend (the more the better) to help you.
-Once you get to the Gurtok demons, ignore the blue one. Have a friend run into the fight with the red Gurtok, while you run around the battle and get the crystal further into the dungeon. After this you can go back to your friend. If you still have about 30 minutes left, go ahead and fight him. But, if your time is limited, stay out of the fight and have your friend flee and teleport back to you.
-Go through the doors and kill what you need to kill to get to Malistaire.

I really suggest you do the whole dungeon in order, this is only if you have a very very very short amount of time.

Thanks for the tips! I just got the quest for Malistare yesterday and i am looking forward for doing it! :D

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
it all depends if you use the one person runs to fight flees while you cross over then do it over and over and you'll be at malistare in no time! ( i recomend fighting tumok gravelbeard )