Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Hatching Cross Schools

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 31, 2009
So it is cool that you can get some exotic and rare pets by crossing two school awarded pets. I noticed that on very rare occasions that some pets give you a different card then the parents (Ice Hound) and I started thinking that what if when I cross my pet with someone else's school pet I get a pet like the Storm Dancer that provides a Storm Satyr? It would still be the Satyr spell from life only it is powered by storm instead of life?

Currently it appears that you have a chance to get either your pet again or one of two hybrid pets from each school. One of these hybrids is from your school while the other is from the other school that you crossed with. Wouldn't it be interesting if when you got a rare pet from the other school that you got the card from the other school only it used your school to power it.

Now I know we now have the cross school necklace and all but this would be like having your own school variant without the need of the necklace.

Hydra-Balance
Wraith-Death
Helephant-Fire
Ice Colossus-Ice
Satyr-Life
Orthrus-Myth
StormZilla-Storm

So if I was a Fire Wizard and I crossed my Helephant with a Satyr and was lucky enough to get a Firewalker, the Satyr card that comes with it uses Fire magic to activate. If I cross with a Wraith and pull an Archfiend the Wraith spell is powered by fire.

Now I'm sure it maybe a little late for these pets but possibly this could be considered for future school specific pets and cross hatching.