Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Freindship Badge Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2010
Hello -

I am writing because I think KingsIsle has missed one badge that is very important. Many of us have the opportunity to help our fellow wizards in their quests to level and beat the game. In the process we usually spend quite a bit of our online time with friends. :)

I think, it would be really cool to have a friendship badge that you can earn in stages like the Gardening badge. Each time you successfully help someone you get x number of xp. Until you reach the Grand Master Helper Stage or the Epic Friendship Master.

So many people would benefit from this badge, please consider adding it to the great collection we already have! Thanks!

Lauren Dark Flower ~ Forever Storm

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
See I like your idea, and I think it's great to see people help each other.
The only problem is that this badge would take the entire "Help" factor out of helping someone. A lot of people would do this simply to get a badge, and it wouldn't really be anything special. (Kind of like the Sword Saint badge was great until everyone got it)

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Eh...it seems like a lot of work for nothing. There's the big question: how? The only way I see this even being functional is if after a battle, the wizard you helped got a pop-up that said, "Was [insert name here]'s involvement beneficial to your victory?" Of course, that's already a problem because:

1. There's no way that system would be successful most of the time, never mind all.
2. People would be begging others to get into fights so that they can help them and get the XP that they "need".

That brings me to my next point: as sunsword44 said, this completely takes the selflessness out of assisting someone. Through this system you're basically inducing karma, making it so that what goes around undoubtedly comes around.

Lastly, in my opinion, there's way too many opportunities to gain XP. It used to be you needed to do side quests to gain XP; now there's a whole world that only exists to gain XP. Then there's the exsessive amount of XP given by each Celestia quest. We don't need any more ways to gain XP.

Survivor
May 31, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Eh...it seems like a lot of work for nothing. There's the big question: how? The only way I see this even being functional is if after a battle, the wizard you helped got a pop-up that said, "Was [insert name here]'s involvement beneficial to your victory?" Of course, that's already a problem because:

1. There's no way that system would be successful most of the time, never mind all.
2. People would be begging others to get into fights so that they can help them and get the XP that they "need".

That brings me to my next point: as sunsword44 said, this completely takes the selflessness out of assisting someone. Through this system you're basically inducing karma, making it so that what goes around undoubtedly comes around.

Lastly, in my opinion, there's way too many opportunities to gain XP. It used to be you needed to do side quests to gain XP; now there's a whole world that only exists to gain XP. Then there's the exsessive amount of XP given by each Celestia quest. We don't need any more ways to gain XP.

Are you always so negative? It seems you are, because everything anyone has suggested you have down played. Having an opinion is one thing, being over-powering and in general rude to other people is just ridiculous.

Lauren Dark Flower ~ Level 60 Legendary Storm ~ Forever Storm