Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Cards In PVP (Please Read KI)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
I question why treasure cards are still allowed in PVP. Too many people rely on them for a win. Take this example. 2 apprentices facing off in a ranked match. One uses a treasure card, one certainly overpowered and not for their lvl. They most likely win because of the unfair advantage. The same goes for legendaries, constantly I am spammed with weakness, tower shield, and black mantle treasure cards. Kingsisle, you really need to do something about this. It really ruins pvp for all of us who refuse this sort of 'cheating' method.

EDIT:

What I meant about the apprentice was me (lvl 7) and someone else same tier of rank had used a Wild bolt treasure card on me and instantly the match was over.

Plus I have earned warlord without treasure cards, but I don't understand why so many people would just spam (use the same treasure card every turn) with mantles and shields making it nearly impossible to accomplish anything

And think about this, one of the quotes you get about the game from WestKarana was "No battle plays out the same way, Deck construction becomes an art."
Using treasure cards ruins the art of what will show up, anyone can simply place the cards they want in side board to give them the advantage towards winning.

IMPORTANT: Please post with your replies if you use treasure cards in PVP or don't.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
I know you are not the first person to complain about treasure cards in pvp. I am certain you wont be the last either. The advantage to the player who uses treasure cards is one available to both. If you choose not to use them for whatever your reasons are, you shouldn't expect that every other player will agree with or use your play style. PvP is not for those who have ideals about what should or should not be allowed. If you choose to participate in pvp you had better be ready for anything.

That is the point of going up against another human, the challenge and variety of stratigies, to face them and see who is the best. Anything another player uses you can use as well, (depending on how much you are willing or able to invest for certain things) or you can create way around it. The system works the way the producers of this game want it. Sure there will be times when the system needs adjusting, and the community lets KI know our opinions and they make the call.

The call on tresure cards in pvp was made long time ago. I think my mantra for pvp is learn to adapt. Good luck fellow wizard!

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I agree completely with what noahmunch is saying. The side deck is playable for both wizards in the situation you've just described so there is no advantage. Remember treasure cards are dropped by creatures, can be purchased for gold and are readily available to all people that enter a pvp match. The difference is some people take the time to collect certain ones that benefit their strategy in the match and others show up unprepared and then complain about it after they lose. You can't just show up to fight and expect people to follow some code of conduct that doesn't exist, you have you use every option available to you for the kill and in this case it's the side deck. I use every slot for treasure cards in my low levels and legendary wizards, so do the majority of players, what ever I think can kill you faster or keep me alive will be in there so show up prepared or you will lose.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Treasure cards are used to give players a chance. If you dont understand what i mean, take the 2 apprentice wizards you were battling. If they didnt use treasure cards, would they have had a chance? Of course not. You could say they should just level themselfs, but what if they already did that on another wiz and just wanted to see how this one worked out? Anyway I understand your frustration, but treasure cards can be an essential part of pvp

William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Historian
May 01, 2010
Nicitas wrote:
Treasure cards are used to give players a chance. If you dont understand what i mean, take the 2 apprentice wizards you were battling. If they didnt use treasure cards, would they have had a chance? Of course not. You could say they should just level themselfs, but what if they already did that on another wiz and just wanted to see how this one worked out? Anyway I understand your frustration, but treasure cards can be an essential part of pvp

you misread, it was a 1v1 rank match 2 apprentences but yea i agree with you.

also, i am tired of posters making things sound one sided like the oppoment can do it but you cant (on occations this is true)

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
Nicitas wrote:

also, i am tired of posters making things sound one sided like the oppoment can do it but you cant (on occations this is true)

No but the whole pvp thing is turning into who can buy the best treasure cards.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
xFx3xAxRx wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
Nicitas wrote:

Treasure cards are sold for gold at the bazaar! I don't see how this is much of a problem or a disadvantage to you! If you want to buy some, farm for gold and buy them!

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
darthjt wrote:
xFx3xAxRx wrote:
slammer111 wrote:
Nicitas wrote:

Treasure cards are sold for gold at the bazaar! I don't see how this is much of a problem or a disadvantage to you! If you want to buy some, farm for gold and buy them!

I never said I couldnt buy them, I said that pvp is all a matter of who can buy the better cards. What you said was irrelevant.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
What I said is irrelevant?

Is it not your opinion that who ever can buy the best and most treasure cards can win in PvP?

To me, that is an irrelevant statement, because it doesn't matter what treasure cards you have or have bought!

It doesn't matter how good you are or think you are!

I will win, simple, straight forward, and as factual as can be.

Now, how irrelevant is that?

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
I agree that lower levels should not receive gargantuan and tough cards above their level. Those in legendary can deal with this better.

Survivor
Jul 21, 2009
You wont win and the only reason you might win is because you have to rely on treasure cards. its as simple as that, unless you actually think you are any good without them then i'd like to see you try.