Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Mute?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 06, 2010
Ok guys every time i get into a PvP match everyone all of the sudden everyone has the little "menu chat only" sign by their name(like the little talk bubble with the slash). I dont get why this is happening because i can talk to them before and after the battle. Does anyone know why this happens?

Historian
May 01, 2010
its just a glitch, when you have thier nametag up and you start the match, they turn into mutes, not really, but look like them.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
slammer111 wrote:
its just a glitch, when you have thier nametag up and you start the match, they turn into mutes, not really, but look like them.

No. You're wrong. They have the block pvp enemy chat option set on

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
SaucySweetDog wrote:
Ok guys every time i get into a PvP match everyone all of the sudden everyone has the little "menu chat only" sign by their name(like the little talk bubble with the slash). I dont get why this is happening because i can talk to them before and after the battle. Does anyone know why this happens?

You should check under your game play options and if you have block pvp enemy chat then thats what happens. Also if the people have their chat blocked then you cant see theirs either. To be able to talk to them turn block pvp enemy chat off. If you still cant see it, it is them that is blocking you.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Anil235 wrote:
slammer111 wrote:

No. You're wrong. They have the block pvp enemy chat option set on

hmm i always thought it was, cause wheneveri saw they had text chat bafore, and i didnt bring up their nametag, they still had it when i brought them up later, but when i did have the nametag up, it turned to mute EVERY time. i will test it out later, and i will get back to you guys on this