Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispelling damage and heal over time idea

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
For whatever reason, the game designers have seen fit to way over use the various elf spells (fire, storm, frost) and because of that, quite a few areas of the game are frustrating.

Thinking about that made me realize that the main reason it's so frustrating is that there is no way to get the spell OFF you once it is on.

So, this is a request/suggestion that a couple of new dispel spells be created. One set of dispels to get rid of any heal over time spells (like spirite) that are running on your enemy, and one set of dispels to get rid of the damage over time spells.

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
For whatever reason, the game designers have seen fit to way over use the various elf spells (fire, storm, frost) and because of that, quite a few areas of the game are frustrating.

Thinking about that made me realize that the main reason it's so frustrating is that there is no way to get the spell OFF you once it is on.

So, this is a request/suggestion that a couple of new dispel spells be created. One set of dispels to get rid of any heal over time spells (like spirite) that are running on your enemy, and one set of dispels to get rid of the damage over time spells.

I already made types of spells that do that, go check it out on my thread, "New Spell Ideas"

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturge

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:

I don't think you should have the right to stop them from healing but i'm totally with you on getting the damage over time attacks off of you.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I'm all for the D O T spells off too. I hate the elves when they are used against me but I don't mind using them against them.

Historian
May 01, 2010
um do you guys realize what your saying?!?!?! ice, fire, and death will be dead, why one, most of fire's spells are DoTs, and ice/death's 58 spells are dots, and also, ever realize that the DoTs are a little weaker than other? you have to wait 4 turns to get the full spell!!!

and then tweetybird just explained the entire argument in one sentence. you are all fine and dandy using it against others but when its used against you it has to be changed

this is what you do when dealing with spammers, ignore it! you are playing right into their trap if you keep on shielding and sheilding,

also, this is the only move that actually counters the spammed tower shields!!!

i am pretty sure KI wont go through with this, because if they do, they are basically saying, "no fire in pvp"

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
This isn't one of the best ideas I've seen. I'm not being biased because I'm a Pyromancer; I genuinely dislike the idea.

First of all, how are the Elf varients frustrating? It's fifty damage, then seventy damage every turn for three turns. That's 260 damage, laughable, if I do say so myself.

Secondly, you wouldn't be able to use the dispell until AFTER the DOT gets a hit in, so if the damage is ignorable, you just wasted a turn, but if the damage is major, it won't even matter, because you've already taken the hit you're trying to prevent, and if you're unlucky enough to not have it in your hand, it won't matter at all in the long run.

DOTs have a purpose; they're built to defy shields and burn away you're opponent's helth and soften them up while you prepare for a big strike. Taking that away would unlevel the playing field.

By the way, having the option to remove a life DOT would not only be intrusive, but it'd be just plain rude.

Jack Fireheart Level 60 Pyromancer