Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm Shield Qlich???

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
I am a Grandmaster Pyromancer and recently I have notice that if I have 2 Storm Shields up, and get hit by a major Storm Spell ... it uses up BOTH shields. The other fields (death, life ...) tend not gobble up the extra shield. Is there a reason for this? I personally would rather have the second shield in place for the next round. Thanks! 8)

Survivor
Oct 06, 2010
relleumd wrote:
I am a Grandmaster Pyromancer and recently I have notice that if I have 2 Storm Shields up, and get hit by a major Storm Spell ... it uses up BOTH shields. The other fields (death, life ...) tend not gobble up the extra shield. Is there a reason for this? I personally would rather have the second shield in place for the next round. Thanks! 8)

That happens because maybe the shields you use are from 2 different schools. Like, for example, if you use a Volcanic shield, ice shield that shields you from storm and fire, and you use a Glacial Shield, fire shields that shield from storm and ice. They are both going to be used at the same time since they are both from different schools.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
relleumd wrote:

How were they cast? Two different spells that produce the same storm shield will use up both shields. You have to cast the exact same storm shield spell for the extra shield to stay up after the first one is used up. This rule applies to all school shields.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
relleumd wrote:

If you use the exact same shield, it will remain for the next round.
However, if you use 2 different shields, it will use both.

Example;
A volcanic shield protects 70% fire & storm
A thermic shield protects 70% fire & ice

While they both have 70% fire, they are not the same and will protect you 70% from fire and 70% again on same turn.

So, you have to cast the same shield twice for it to work on seperate rounds, such as casting 2 volcanic shields! one for each round!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Are you using the same spell? If not that is the reason it is using both. There are different types of storm shields, even in treasure card versions.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The only spell that should do that is one that deals damage over time (over multiple rounds). Some PvE enemies have Storm mutations of such spells. The DoT spell will use up the first shield when it hits and the second when it's your turn.

If a normal one-hit spell such as Triton or Stormzilla is doing this, send in a ticket to Support.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
relleumd wrote:

If they are from different schools: fire and ice double shields it takes both away and counts each as a different shield. the only way to keep 2 shields is to make sure they are from the same school (aka the same spell...)

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
You guys forgot that there is an amulet you can buy that also has the shield that is 85%.

Historian
May 01, 2010
tweetybird18428 wrote:
You guys forgot that there is an amulet you can buy that also has the shield that is 85%.

but that isnt really the point.
long story short, anything that has different values, or is the same result but different spell, both trigger (ever tried to max out a spell?)

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
It wont use both if you use one school of the same shield. If you use 2 different schools for the same school of magic defense shield it will use both.

Survivor
Mar 01, 2011
Thanks everyone! I only had storm shields from two different sources ... hence the confusion on my part. Now battling with one type only 8)

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
relleumd wrote:
Thanks everyone! I only had storm shields from two different sources ... hence the confusion on my part. Now battling with one type only 8)

You might want to add different school shields for it weakens the attack twice. I haven't yet figured out how much weakness to 70% shields do but it certaintly wont do 90%.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
relleumd wrote:

Probably it's just either a glitch, or you used a different version of stormshield and a regular/other variation of stormshield, thus indicating that you used both at once.