Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Petition for Pet Idea

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 15, 2009

"Specialized, unique pets. You know, like we send in a picture of a real animal, and our account name, and they turn it into a new pet with a new card. Now, I'm not asking for a free, overpowered Storm Duck or anything like that, just a reasonably priced new pet with a new card. Like, say, a two-pip, two-hundred damage Storm Duck. Think about it, KingsIsle. You could make a lot of profit."
Alright, that was the E-mail, word for word. Now, I want YOU to think about, members. Wouldn't this be fun? Having your real pet in a video game? Sounds awesome to me, but what about you? If you like this idea, sign the petition, and try to get and update! x Signs Petition x Together! We! Stand!!!!!! Alright now, KingsIsle. Now it's your turn in the cannon. Let's bargain. Say, fifty signatures? That should be enough to get you thinking about this.
Bradley EmeraldThorn
Flint LegendRider
(That's two right there. forty eight more to go!)

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I would love one of my husky!

Saffron Ghostheart
Kaitlyn Ghostheart
Cassandra Mistcloud
Jennifer Deathheat
Danielle Rosesinger
Melissa Skyrider
Chris Greenflame
Jenna Fairydreamer
Alyssa Starbreeze
Caitlin Shadowdreamer
(Twelve now, thirty-eight to go)

Survivor
Jun 09, 2009
i'm with it i got an awesome cute pet i think would be a good addition for a death lvl 52 spell.

Brian Fairyfist
stephen (idk his last name lol)
Malorn Ashthorn
Wolf Stormblade
Natalie Anglegem
Natalie Anglegem (one is my sisters and one is my sisters friend)
Now only 31 to go

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Thank you for your support. Your ten-fold support! This will get KI to take me seriously now! Tell your friends!
Bradley Emeraldthorn
StormChaser
(No, not another signature, I just put that after every message.)
I'll be keeping track of this closely!

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Oh, and we're now forty-eight percent through! KingsIsle, I know you read all of these, 'cause you edited my fist post! You guys will know when we hit fifty sig's, and then, you guys will know to use this idea! I'm felling nauseos from excitement! Halfway through in a single day! Come on, I know twenty-four of you guys have seen this! Why didn't you respond!? (I'm not angry, just really, really excited!)

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Oh! Oh! Just had another idea! If the animal is big enough, like, say, a horse or a deer, make it a mount for a little extra dough! KingsIsle could make a TON of profit! Support this idea as well!
Bradley EmeraldThorn
StormChaser

Survivor
Jan 01, 2010
this sounds like a really cool idea

blake ironfist
amy dreamshield

two more on the list.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
Do you understand the programming involved with making individual pets for 10 million players? I don't think this is cost effective for the company even though it is a fun idea.

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Game lag game lag game lag game lag....

I think the game would run slow with this.

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Five things are wrong with the above statement.
1:They would all probably just be recolors.
2:The cards would all probably follow some sort of recoloring.
3: Not every person who plays this game would buy it.
4: There are computer programming softwares that can copy different programming, so they could mechanize it. (Along with everything else in the world)
5: KingsIsle probably would, considering it would help the sorry shape America's economy is in. (I know, not everyone lives in America, but KingsIsle is centered here.)
And one more thing. If you don't like an idea, DON'T POST ON IT! It's that simple. If someone comes to your door with a petition for something you don't want, you don't sign it. At all. You don't sign and say "I'm doing the opposite of supporting this, just so you know." And besides, you didn't have to look at this board, you chose to. That would be like going into someplace, thinking it was one thing, and when you found out it was another, you start trashing the place. You know what to do in that situation? LEAVE!

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
gatorjaw wrote:
Five things are wrong with the above statement.
1:They would all probably just be recolors.
2:The cards would all probably follow some sort of recoloring.
3: Not every person who plays this game would buy it.
4: There are computer programming softwares that can copy different programming, so they could mechanize it. (Along with everything else in the world)
5: KingsIsle probably would, considering it would help the sorry shape America's economy is in. (I know, not everyone lives in America, but KingsIsle is centered here.)
And one more thing. If you don't like an idea, DON'T POST ON IT! It's that simple. If someone comes to your door with a petition for something you don't want, you don't sign it. At all. You don't sign and say "I'm doing the opposite of supporting this, just so you know." And besides, you didn't have to look at this board, you chose to. That would be like going into someplace, thinking it was one thing, and when you found out it was another, you start trashing the place. You know what to do in that situation? LEAVE!

You do know this is a forum, correct?
People will post their compliments and things that could improve the idea, just like they have done in this case.
If you have a problem with constructive criticism, I quote, LEAVE!

Survivor
Mar 21, 2011
Squire
Jan 05, 2010
]
gatorjaw wrote:

I will leave but would like to point this out first. Sure you can make a cat template and re-color it to match most peoples cats but what about someones beloved one legged cat or hairless cat? You see where this can get sticky? Ok I agree a generic dog template is in the realm of possibility but as far as sending in a picture of your favorite chinchilla and wanting KI o program it and make your own unique spell is never going to push through. You have some good ideas but if you don't want advice or criticism don't post it on a public forum. Lastly, I'm sry you took my post to heart.

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
travisAk wrote:
]
gatorjaw wrote:

I will leave but would like to point this out first. Sure you can make a cat template and re-color it to match most peoples cats but what about someones beloved one legged cat or hairless cat? You see where this can get sticky? Ok I agree a generic dog template is in the realm of possibility but as far as sending in a picture of your favorite chinchilla and wanting KI o program it and make your own unique spell is never going to push through. You have some good ideas but if you don't want advice or criticism don't post it on a public forum. Lastly, I'm sry you took my post to heart.

You make a good point, but still, anyone can make that kind of thing. (At least the pet) I have a coputer software that can make a file out of pictures, and I'm not even proffesional, like KingsIsle. They could easily program the pets, and devote the time they have for this to making the cards.

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
Sorry but there is on HUGE thing wrong with this:
What if someone takes an innapropriate picture and then makes it into a pet, that would cause trouble for parents who's children play Wizard101.

Historian
May 01, 2010
gatorjaw wrote:
travisAk wrote:
]
gatorjaw wrote:

You make a good point, but still, anyone can make that kind of thing. (At least the pet) I have a coputer software that can make a file out of pictures, and I'm not even proffesional, like KingsIsle. They could easily program the pets, and devote the time they have for this to making the cards.

but that is only one, KI, if this goes through, would have to make MILLIONS, and that costs a lot of money and data

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
drifter5130 wrote:
What if someone takes an innapropriate picture and then makes it into a pet, that would cause trouble for parents who's children play Wizard101.

Did you even read the first post?
gatorjaw wrote:
we send in a picture of a real animal

re-read that part.

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Survivor
Aug 19, 2009
drifter5130 wrote:

im pretty sure that kingsisle wouldnt let anything inappropriate turn into a pet. They would probably look them over lol

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
gatorjaw wrote:

"Specialized, unique pets. You know, like we send in a picture of a real animal, and our account name, and they turn it into a new pet with a new card. Now, I'm not asking for a free, overpowered Storm Duck or anything like that, just a reasonably priced new pet with a new card. Like, say, a two-pip, two-hundred damage Storm Duck. Think about it, KingsIsle. You could make a lot of profit."
Alright, that was the E-mail, word for word. Now, I want YOU to think about, members. Wouldn't this be fun? Having your real pet in a video game? Sounds awesome to me, but what about you? If you like this idea, sign the petition, and try to get and update! x Signs Petition x Together! We! Stand!!!!!! Alright now, KingsIsle. Now it's your turn in the cannon. Let's bargain. Say, fifty signatures? That should be enough to get you thinking about this.
Bradley EmeraldThorn
Flint LegendRider
(That's two right there. forty eight more to go!)

I'd love to have my Boxer as my pet!
I agree, sign me up!

Matthew Spritefriend

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
hi bradley it is me belgrim dawnshade :D i really like the idea, so i totally agree, even though i don't have pets, i could definitely go over to the woods by my house and take pics :)

Survivor
Aug 03, 2010
lol, i love the idea dude, but couldn't it be a bit simpler, like say ... one special dog pet, one special cat pet, etc. once again awesome idea.
don't take any offence :) i hereby sign the petition

X Belgrim dawnshade X

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Survivor
Jul 07, 2009
Explorer
Feb 15, 2009