Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm worst school?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
:(i am wondering why is it that storm is the school with 2 disadvantages, it makes storm wizards be insulted. So whats the point of having strong attacks when they cost lot of pips or they can fizzle while the enemy can kill us quickly. :( It just make me feel not special about my storm, even the history says triton got killed by ice and fire, it makes me feel insulted. :(

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
stormcaller16 wrote:
:(i am wondering why is it that storm is the school with 2 disadvantages, it makes storm wizards be insulted. So whats the point of having strong attacks when they cost lot of pips or they can fizzle while the enemy can kill us quickly. :( It just make me feel not special about my storm, even the history says triton got killed by ice and fire, it makes me feel insulted. :(

That's just ridiculous. Storm offers accuracy boosts and an ok amount of health. But really! You really actually feel not special?

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
Well, Storm makes up for it. We have the most powerful spell, the most DOTs, other than Fire, and we have a lot more spells than any other school. Yes, I count treasure-card-only spells, such as Jolted Snowman. Plus, we get awesome-looking armor and pets!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
stormcaller16 wrote:

With clever play, good equipment, and a well formed deck, you can set it up so you quick kill, even with a fizzle or two. While my first Storm did die more than other schools, my current Storm did not die until DS, when the stupid player clicked on the trap and not the attack when on a phone call...oh well. I actually think CL is easiest for storm...the storm there are lowest health, you don't even have to worry about resistances....first turn blade, second turn aura damage boost, third turn Storm Lord, all foes dead.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
Storm is great!

What level are you? In the mid levels, around krockatopia and Marleybone I HATED my storm wizard. I usually am not a very lucky person in video games so having the worst success rate of all the schools was very frustrating. Trust me though, when you get to Mooshu and Dragonspire you will see what I am talking about. You can buy robes that increase your accuracy so now I barely fizzle. The triton and storm lord spells do massive amounts of damage with powerups. I play a lot with my friend Angela DragonRider and she gets mad at me because I kill everybody before she can even get a good spell off!

If you are a high level and still don't like storm than maybe it just isn't the school for you.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
First off: Your attacks do not cost more pips than for other schools. In fact, you may have one of the most powerful AOEs in the form of Tempest, where the damage is proportional to how many pips you spend on the spell.

Secondly: Storm has THE highest damage in the game (a Kraken's damage - 4 pips - is MORE powerful than the Life school's Centaur - 6 pips), which is, in turn, balanced by its low accuracy. So you'll fizzle roughly every fourth time you cast a spell, but in turn, you can kill almost anything when you do manage to hit them.

You can outweigh this disadvantage by buying some accuracy cards from the bazaar, or making a Theurgist with Guidance (+10% accuracy) your new best pal. You also get more accuracy from your gear later on, which makes you a lot less likely to fizzle.

As for the history... The Dragons, Titans and Giants destroyed each other at roughly the same time. That's why the Spiral is shattered into as many seperate worlds as it is.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
Don't get discouraged so quickly. I have a legendary storm wizard. Yes....the fizzle rate is the pits, the health is very low and it seems you have to constantly struggle. But believe me....the end result is spectacular lol. You have to upgrade your equipment often to increase your power and accuracy rate. I found that death was the best secondary school for me.
With the right blades and traps the power of tempest or storm lord is awesome! You'll find people begging you for help all the time. A storm is a valuable addition to any team.

Sabrina Stormrunner

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
stormcaller16 wrote:

We may be disadvantaged but we are the only quick hit school. We are unique (maybe not in a good way but still different :P ) By quick hit i mean think about our 1 pip spell - thunder snake. Damage wise it does way more than the others only maybe 1 - 2 other 1 pip spells can do that much. The one thing i think is maybe the slightest bit exagerated is out health (We have now reached the 2000's! yay :? ) I mean maybe 400 more points just so we can get 2500? Anyway im not here complain so thats what i think :D

(though i can see why the triton thing is a bit insulting :P )

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
By level 55, with the crafted clothes, you cast at 96%, have about 2300 health, and the highest crit rating I have seen...it doesn't even seem fair now facing the MOBs, they are already classified as defeated when I step into the battle circle.

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
stormcaller16 wrote:

Oh no - did you really say all that? Storm is GREAT!!!

I have a legendary balance and death. My storm just reached 57. And I am enjoying this one so much more. :)

I used to be really frustrated with the fizzles too. But by the time I got Storm Lord, things got so much better! And yes, you get the right equipment and pet even, you'll see. Even before I hit 50, I soloed quite well and got called to help by upper and lower levels alike.

I crafted the level 55 hat and robe... and I am amazed! :-) I fizzle rarely, and critical often.

Spinyfish has great storm talents for a pet - especially if it is spritely. I use a spritely Stormzilla myself that also boosts my pips, accuracy, and storm resistence.

I use a smaller deck of 30. Unless I'm up against a cheating boss, I can usually survive 2 rounds of hits. Round 1 is either blade or trap or vengeance. Round 2 - I can triton or have a pretty good tempest already, or shield, or another boost. Round 3 - definitely Storm Lord, most enemies are dead.

Give Storm a chance - it has lots of great things - really!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
still storm is always the first to die in pvp, why we the first to die on pvp

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
stormcaller16 wrote:

Well, I've yet to pvp on this wizard. And by no means am I a pvp expert... someone else can answer this - lol.

But my legendary balance has a legendary storm friend. We'll pvp sometimes 2v2 or 3v3. He is NOT the first to die... and I've yet to find out how he manages to start with 3 power pips.

All I can say is learning and embracing it can yield lots of potential! As I am finding this out. :-)

But then again it may just be that you and the school don't mix. I never bonded with my Myth wizard and I'm sure Myth is great too!

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
Defender
Sep 28, 2010
There is no best school or worst school every school is the same in a way.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
I have a deep love/hate relationship with my level 54 diviner. She can destroy most mobs with nothing more than a storm blade, giant, and a tempest or a storm lord. When fighting fire elites, I can either shield up and giant/storm lord or giant/kraken and kill one round one.

I don't like fighting bosses though because needing to add shields just for their school though as that seems to lower the destructive effeminacy of my deck. Plus the shields I need usually come up right after the bosses big attack.

It is very challenging trying to solo some celestia bosses. Some are easy and some are only hard because I've no access to (good?) neutral critical resist and some bosses simply critical when ever they feel like it.

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
stormcaller16 wrote:
Storm can be very powerful and smart to choose in some battles. It also depends on your expierience with the game. There is a special way to set your desk if you are storm. Also, you want clothes that give you a good amount of health and also good stats (critical block, critical, accuracy, boosts, resist).

Explorer
Feb 15, 2009
stormcaller16 wrote:

Because if they see a Storm Wizard, they figure
"Oh, no! A Storm Wizard! We're all gonna die! Unless...we go all noobish and focus every attack on him/her. That'll work!"
So, unless you have a team of storm/life wizards, noobs are gonna win.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
Hey storms out there, Just wanted to tell you that each school has advantages and disadvantages. The life school's disadvantage is that it does not have that many attack spells The advantage is that it heals allot
Storms advantage is that it has so many attack spells that it evens out
The disadvantage is that it fizzles allot.
With ice that is in the middle so it's like others.
With balance, the advantage is that it has a low fizzle rate. The disadvantage is that it has too many things other than attack spells.
Death has weak healing spells but the attack is good and the fizzle rate is low.
Fire is like storm.
Myth fizzles to much so same as fire and storm.
So storm people out there again, you rock. All the schools rock. You should feel special storm people :D