Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Minion Focus

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
This just kind of sparked my interest after reading about a lot of people's post regarding the new amulets on the test realm. Specifically around Myth, how any player could get the myth amulet and then have access to earthquake just as easily as a Myth wizard could.

Anyways, I was just thinking about how the focus of the class through most of the beginning of the game was around their Myth minions. However, after about halfway through the game I noticed that I rarely see any Myth players actually using their minions anymore. The class has a bunch of spells focused just around minions and they get a variety of different minions as well.

Basically I think KI should try and push Myth wizards more towards this style of play again because it's what the class was originally based on, and most people now just use it as an earthquake or stun class. Since anyone will have access to those abilities as easily as Myth, it takes away the final aspect of Myth uniqueness. So what I propose is that they release a new minion for myth, something that is useful enough to push myth wizards towards focusing more on minions, but not too powerful that it would disrupt things like pvp.

I mean the Cyclops and Minotaur are great but their spells and usefulness in pve content becomes almost none existent in places like Dragonspyre and Celestia.

Anyways, that's my idea because I originally made this class to focus on minions like I used to in games like WOW where warlocks focused on their minions for a lot of their power and Aion where spiritmasters needed their minions for useful buffs and boosts to themselves and party members. The beginning of wizard101 was great for minions, but after Mooshu using them just seemed like more of a hassle than a useful thing to do in battle.

KI please consider this for when you bring out new worlds in the future and new spells, a new minion spell would be a great addition to Myth players and could make using minions as their focus a more viable option.

Please anyone who actually managed to read through this whole post without falling asleep, post your ideas and thoughts.

(Oh also, if you ever do release a new minion you should think about fixing the golem minion at the start of the game. I think it would work better with myth if instead of a random golem that you never see myth get another spell for, it was like a myth bat or something that the class gets as an attack spell like with the other minion.)

Thanks to anyone who reads through this and leaves a comment. :-)

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
Dalicon wrote:
This just kind of sparked my interest after reading about a lot of people's post regarding the new amulets on the test realm. Specifically around Myth, how any player could get the myth amulet and then have access to earthquake just as easily as a Myth wizard could.

Anyways, I was just thinking about how the focus of the class through most of the beginning of the game was around their Myth minions. However, after about halfway through the game I noticed that I rarely see any Myth players actually using their minions anymore. The class has a bunch of spells focused just around minions and they get a variety of different minions as well.

Basically I think KI should try and push Myth wizards more towards this style of play again because it's what the class was originally based on, and most people now just use it as an earthquake or stun class. Since anyone will have access to those abilities as easily as Myth, it takes away the final aspect of Myth uniqueness. So what I propose is that they release a new minion for myth, something that is useful enough to push myth wizards towards focusing more on minions, but not too powerful that it would disrupt things like pvp.

I mean the Cyclops and Minotaur are great but their spells and usefulness in pve content becomes almost none existent in places like Dragonspyre and Celestia.

Anyways, that's my idea because I originally made this class to focus on minions like I used to in games like WOW where warlocks focused on their minions for a lot of their power and Aion where spiritmasters needed their minions for useful buffs and boosts to themselves and party members. The beginning of wizard101 was great for minions, but after Mooshu using them just seemed like more of a hassle than a useful thing to do in battle.

KI please consider this for when you bring out new worlds in the future and new spells, a new minion spell would be a great addition to Myth players and could make using minions as their focus a more viable option.

Please anyone who actually managed to read through this whole post without falling asleep, post your ideas and thoughts.

(Oh also, if you ever do release a new minion you should think about fixing the golem minion at the start of the game. I think it would work better with myth if instead of a random golem that you never see myth get another spell for, it was like a myth bat or something that the class gets as an attack spell like with the other minion.)

Well, what they need to do is switch the "X" spells for Myth and Death. That's just my opinion though, because Myth is supposed to be the school of minions, why does death get the most powerful?

Explorer
Oct 01, 2010
I'm pretty sure Myth is going to get a new minion soon. It might even be for Wintertusk (why not, the Producer's Letter said Balance will get a new healing spell). Maybe the minion will be Medusa or a Blood Bat (I'm talking about the tough ones in Celestia).

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I do have two ideas, one of which was posted obscurely in a long gone thread.

I thought of a spell called Olympian Might.

This spell would cost 3 pips and will increase the minions health by 300 points. It would give it 25% global resist and increase damage by 50% for 4 turns. This, only to help myth deal with higher level mobs in places like Dragonspyre and Celestia.

Also, given how big the spell set is for the Cyclops minion, can it please have power pips? I'm still noticing it passing twice in a row pretty often, especially if it fizzles and has 4 pips. If my cyclops minion is going to be passing with 4 pips in its bank, it better build for minotaur sometime in the future.

Cyclops minion has the biggest spell set of all the myth minions. I think this is why it behaves a bit more clumsy than the others, although it is still indeed useful.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have a young Myth wizard (lvl 22) that is currently in Krokotopia. I have not been running her much as I don't want to have all of my wizards stacked for Celestia.

I did run her for a few hours last week and discovered that my 4 pip cyclops minion does have the ability to cast sprite. Nice surprise.

Myth players are still using their minions, just maybe not as much if they are running with a friend.

It has been my experience when running with a friend that the minions have a tendancy to use up traps in some cases. I have not had that problem with myth minion, but have had it with Life and fire minions. I have to watch to see what the minions are going to cast before setting a trap. More so on life minion. Storm minion I don't even use. All mine does is taunt and shield itself. That one is useless and so is balance spectral minion. Death minion, I never use more that 4 or 5 pip minion there.

But back to Myth minions. Yes I still use mine and will continue to do so.

Survivor
Aug 12, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
I have a young Myth wizard (lvl 22) that is currently in Krokotopia. I have not been running her much as I don't want to have all of my wizards stacked for Celestia.

I did run her for a few hours last week and discovered that my 4 pip cyclops minion does have the ability to cast sprite. Nice surprise.

Myth players are still using their minions, just maybe not as much if they are running with a friend.

It has been my experience when running with a friend that the minions have a tendancy to use up traps in some cases. I have not had that problem with myth minion, but have had it with Life and fire minions. I have to watch to see what the minions are going to cast before setting a trap. More so on life minion. Storm minion I don't even use. All mine does is taunt and shield itself. That one is useless and so is balance spectral minion. Death minion, I never use more that 4 or 5 pip minion there.

well i am a grandmaster and i still find my golem minion useful but really we need a better minion i am tired of my minions getting owned by cl monsters

Survivor
Jul 30, 2009
I want to thank everyone for their comments so far :D .

Myth is supposed to be a minion class and other classes each have their own niche that they stay true to.
Death - drains
Storm - damage
Life - healing
Balance - bit of everything
Fire - dot damage
Ice - defense and health
Myth - minions

Aside from the cl spells which each have their own unique twist for the schools, I don't think KI should stray away from the main focus of the schools.

In terms of the death minion spell I have to agree that it would be cool if Myth had something similar but I can understand why it's easier for death since you fight more death style enemies in the game then almost anything else, so it's easier to provide different minions for each pip level. I still believe though that Myth should be given another minion in the coming worlds. Something a bit stronger than previous minions, that can be viable for them to use in worlds like cl.

A lot of people have also mentioned other places about minions ruining traps. I think for myth that is less of an issue due to the fact that we only really have one big spell that traps are useful for which is Medusa. In group play I tend to use the minotaur minion quite often because it is actually much better with shielding the target taking damage and not just itself. And when it decides to randomly use an attack I always just make sure to keep a siphon life (I think that's what it's called) in my hand to use in case someone has traps up like feint or hex. But otherwise I have never really had an issue with minions wrecking traps.

If another minion wasn't possible to release, then maybe instead they could provide us with a couple new minion based cards that were more powerful. Like for example a minion blade spell that cost one pip to cast but put 3 35% blades on the minion instead of just one 40% for no pips. Or maybe a minion aura spell that could boost their life and damage for a few rounds.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Dalicon wrote:

This is exactly what I have been saying for ages now, I love you Dalicon. I am glad that I am not the only one that thinks the way I do.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jibtherandom wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:

well i am a grandmaster and i still find my golem minion useful but really we need a better minion i am tired of my minions getting owned by cl monsters

Not to burst your bubble, but all minions will get owned in CL. They don't survive very long in that arena. CL is unlike any other world because, we are fighting enemies that have our rank 6 and X spells.

We all thought DS was tough at one time, but we were able to basically solo to a certain degree with just using our minions.

NOT ANYMORE.

And yes, I know there are some Ice wizards out there that say they can solo most of CL up to the Trial of the Spheres. Great. I am glad you can.

KI may have plans for newer and stronger minions in the furture, I don't know if they do or not. They aren't going to leak that info or any other to us until they are ready. That is one of the nice things about KI. No Leaks, but plenty of surprises.