Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Future thought concerning the 5 smokestacks.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
To KI and fellow-wizards;

Am I the only one that thinks there should be guiding arrows to find the 5 smokestacks in Katzenstein's Lab?

I have enough problems getting help in this dungeon, but stress levels would be lowered considerably, if it wasn't so complicated doing most of it alone.

Near the end, one of two wizards helped me defeat Katz, but I tend to be somewhat emotional in avoiding the enemies during the solo process, because I have a tendency in getting caught by the golems.

Jared Wildsword, Level 35 Balance Wizard
Timothy Pearlflower, Legendary Ice Wizard

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I agree. This first time I did the quest we had trouble finding the last smokestack.
Also I like the arrows they use for finding Olde Town better then my quest helper. I would rather have that for my quest helper.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
tweetybird18428 wrote:
I agree. This first time I did the quest we had trouble finding the last smokestack.
Also I like the arrows they use for finding Olde Town better then my quest helper. I would rather have that for my quest helper.

I say no to both of them.

It took some time to find the smokestacks, but it isn't impossible. There has to be somewhat of a challenge in the game, as minor as this one is.

And definitely NO to the yellow rolling arrows on the ground like the ones in Olde Town. They were so annoying. Maybe it was okay for a newcomer to the game, but after that it is just annoying. :?

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Honeybee313 wrote:
tweetybird18428 wrote:

I say no to both of them.

It took some time to find the smokestacks, but it isn't impossible. There has to be somewhat of a challenge in the game, as minor as this one is.

And definitely NO to the yellow rolling arrows on the ground like the ones in Olde Town. They were so annoying. Maybe it was okay for a newcomer to the game, but after that it is just annoying. :?

Honeybee, I can understand the annoyance part, but when soloing the Ironworks and having fingers that manage to get you into battles, I could use the extra help. Besides, getting help is like pulling teeth.

Near the bend that has the book pedestal before the door locked by the five smokestacks, is where two people appeared out of nowhere. After using a full health and two thirds of my flasks by this point, I was more relaxed when one wizard and I battled and defeated Katzenstein then ran through West, East and Big Ben sending Meowiarty to his final resting place.

Jared Wildsword, Level 45 Balance

Survivor
Apr 25, 2011
I play wizard to relax and would love to have the arrows point the way to the smoke stacks. This finding items is for the birds. If I need more stress in my life I have plenty of places to get that.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
To Oxnhorse and Bereena: sorry...I didn't realize how stressful that search could have been for some players. I usually solo the game, so for something like this task, I can take my time and wander around the area looking for what I need. I actually found that kind of relaxing myself, rather than having to do battle with those golems or whatever. And I really do take my time in all areas in Marleybone, trying to avoid getting pulled into a battle I don't want or don't need.

And since I had been through the IronWorks with my other wizards, I kind of had an idea where the 5 smokestacks were anyway. So that helped too.

And one more note: I "never" use my mount in Marleybone (except in Regents Square or Digmoore Station or safe places like that). If I do use it in the areas with the bad guys, it never fails that I get pulled into something I don't want...

Hope you enjoy the game as much as I do !