Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Library Dues Quest--Really Stuck.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
I'm currently a level 14 Balance wizard and I am stuck.

I still have to locate the Histories of Fire, Storm and Death Magic which I gather are located in the Fireglobe Theatre, on Triton Ave and in the Haunted Cave. I understand I need to duel bosses in each area.

I've wandered around those areas for hours, but can't get access to the bosses.

What do I have to do to duel the bad guy in the Fireglobe Theatre, for example?

I have to wonder, if accepting a certain Quest in the innappropriate order prevents me from completing other Quests.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Even though you can get that quest at level 10, you can't fight the bosses until you get the quest to go fight them. To fight Alicane Swiftarrow, you have to finish all of the other storyline quests on Firecat Alley. To fight the Harvest Lord, you have to finish all of the other storyline quests on Triton Avenue. To fight Lord Nighyshade, you have to finish all of the storyline quests on all three streets that branch off of Olde Town, plus do a few other taskes that Professor Ambrose wants done. To fight the Gobbler Prince, you have to do certain quests on Colossus Boulevard that allow you to enter Gobblestone Tower.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Actually, you could get in to fight these bosses by teleporting to somebody who can access those buildings (i.e. somebody who's completed Wizard City). That would probably be more trouble than it's worth, as the quest rewards you with some experience, gold, and a few items (i.e. there's no training point like in the Prospector Zeke quests). It might be better to just wait until it's time to actually fight the bosses.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I didn't realize that we get that quest at level 10. My death just did it and she's level 36. (I skipped it by accident.) My myth just did it and she's at level 26 or 27. I'll have to look on my others. I remember that my life did it but she is my main wizard and I don't remember what level she did it at.
It's a side quest I believe so why don't you wait until you actually get to the places and do them all in one shot?
Fire book is in Fireglobe Theater.
Storm is with the Harvest Lord
Death is with Lord Nightshade

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
If you do all but the last boss on the three streets, you'll hit level 10, get the quest, then save having to fight the bosses again (except for the Unicorn Ave book).

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Noisyboy,

It sounds like you have missed some parts of the main quest line that would take you to the ends of each area of Wizard City. I may misunderstand your question, but it sounds like you are unable to enter the towers that house those books. The only way you would not be able to enter is if you never finished those parts of the main storyline. Have you retraced your steps in all of WC to see what you may have missed?

Are you a wizard who jumps around world-to-world without following the storyline? If so, you may find yourself in a situation similar to my son, a grandmaster pyromancer, who is still finishing quests he missed in Krok, Marleybone, Mooshu, and Dragonspyre while he quests in CL at the same time. He's a frustrated little guy, let me tell you! I do hope that you aren't in the same circumstance.

Best of wizarding luck to you,

Iridian/Rowan/Scarlet/Moira

Mastermind
Mar 19, 2011
Hi Queenlybluebean,

Yes, somehow I have missed something. The only other quest I have pending is the first crafting assignment.

I've stuck to wizard city except for the brief journey in the flying boat. But for the life of me I can't find anyone to give me any more quests so I can get into the towers and defeat the last bosses.

Course I can't get into Collossus ave at all.

Stuck.

Defender
Mar 27, 2010
noizyboy1961 wrote:
I'm currently a level 14 Balance wizard and I am stuck.

I still have to locate the Histories of Fire, Storm and Death Magic which I gather are located in the Fireglobe Theatre, on Triton Ave and in the Haunted Cave. I understand I need to duel bosses in each area.

I've wandered around those areas for hours, but can't get access to the bosses.

What do I have to do to duel the bad guy in the Fireglobe Theatre, for example?

I have to wonder, if accepting a certain Quest in the innappropriate order prevents me from completing other Quests.

Look at it yhis way, Pretend the boss in fireglobe Theatre is the gaurdian of the History of Fire Majic. Defeat the boss then go to the pedestal :-D

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The Fire book is located in the Fireglobe Theatre (Alicane Swiftarrow).

The Storm book is located in the Harvest Lord's building.

The Death book is located in Stormdrain Tower (Lord Nightshade).

You can find the locations of the following on your map (press "M").

For the Fire Book, go to see Private Quinn in the valley between the two halves of Firecat Alley. He'll at least be able to tell you what you need to do. If he has nothing for you to do, then you finished Firecat Alley. Go back to the Fireglobe Theater and defeat Alicane Swiftwarrow again to get the book.

For the Storm Book, go to Triton Avenue and look for Duncan Grimwater, Susie Gryphone (who are a short distance from each other near the teleport area), or Blad Raveneye (who's just across the teleport). One of them should have some instructions. If they're all blank, head for the Harvest Lord's building and defeat the enemies, then pick up the book.

If you haven't finished the quest lines on either avenue, you won't be able to continue Wizard City, nor will you be able to go to Cyclops Lane. Once both of those (and Cyclops Lane) are all done, Professor Ambrose will have things for you to do that will eventually get you to Stormdrain Tower and Cyclops avenue, and the Storm and Ice books.