Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

I Need Help On Choosing A Secondary School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2011
Alright. So my main school is Death and I couldn't be more happy. However, for my secondary school I have chosen Storm. For storm, I was happy at first, because they had strong spells i could use on bosses (Because most of them are death) and such. Then, I started getting really mad when my spells started fizzling all of the time. I found some reviews on Storm and realized that they fizzle the most and have low health. I need help. :-(

Should I change or stay Storm

If change, to what? Why?

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
YoshiSonicLily wrote:
Alright. So my main school is Death and I couldn't be more happy. However, for my secondary school I have chosen Storm. For storm, I was happy at first, because they had strong spells i could use on bosses (Because most of them are death) and such. Then, I started getting really mad when my spells started fizzling all of the time. I found some reviews on Storm and realized that they fizzle the most and have low health. I need help. :-(

If change, to what? Why?

You don't say what level you are, but around level 12 you get your death prism, which means that you actually perfer to face death opponents. I suggest Life as a secondary for two reasons, you can get the healing you need in emergency and for team support (it seems to me better than the take damage/give healing you will get in the mid-levels). I would have a life wand. Second reason is that death really does not need a secondary...with death blade, death trap, and feint by level 22 you can do massive damage, and at level 25 with spirit blade even more...and the curse makes it even nicer:

Vampire with 10% clothing boost, death blade, spirit blade, death trap, curse and feint will give over 1500 points damage and 750 healing.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Death doesn't need a secondary school.

The problem with using attack spells of secondary schools is that your power pips only count as singles. This can be a big issue as the game progresses and you have more power pips than regular pips.

It's better to invest training points for zero or low-pip spells that can help you. For example, you might train Ice up to Tower Shield (5 points) to get that and the Volcanic Shield, both of which cost no pips to cast. You might also get Spirit Blade and Spirit Trap from Niles, Reshuffle from Mildred Farseer, and perhaps some of the minion-assist spells that Croaky and Tis'Mah have.

Survivor
Apr 06, 2011
Thanks for all of your help guys! I'll keep reading replies! :-D

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I also have a life/ storm mix but as you level up the fizzes start to slow down a bit. This is a couple of the tricks I use.

1. I only have three of each storm spells. If I have more, it tends to fizz a lot.
2. Stormzilla takes five pips. I try to use it right away because if I don't it, it tends to fizz.
3. Remember if the spell fizzes it comes back to your hand eventually.
4. Use different wands. I have wands for all the schools on my all my wizards. Make sure they get "trained" and change them quite a bit.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
YoshiSonicLily wrote:

If change, to what? Why?

See how you like it a couple of days. But I'd say it should be storm. With feint later on coming, you'll be unstoppable with power!

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
I have a death/life wizard. With many death spells healing you and the healing spells from the school of life I am practically invincible. Plus if I'm not getting any death prisims I can attack death bosses with life spells to do more damage.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
KI has new amulets in the test realm right now that will let you use power pips on your secondary school. That should give secondary schools new life at higher levels. As it is now I never use a secondary school attack over 4 pips because of the waste of rounds and power pips.

As far as a secondary school for death goes - I have life with my legendary death wizard and it works out great.