Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should There Be Easier Ways to Lvl Up Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Ok, i am a huge pet collector and i seem to have trouble lvling each up to adult which brings up a question to wizards "Should there be an easier way to lvl up" or for w101 administerators "will there be easier ways in the future".

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
than777 wrote:
Ok, i am a huge pet collector and i seem to have trouble lvling each up to adult which brings up a question to wizards "Should there be an easier way to lvl up" or for w101 administerators "will there be easier ways in the future".

There is a very easy way already...mega-snack pack. One pack should kick your baby to adult, or near to adult.

Now, you asked for an easier way, it is there, not cheap, but not really expensive in the grand sceme of things. Some may be on limited budgets, so the slow way, which is free, is the way to go. Those who really love there pets will go out and mow neighbors lawns, deliver papers, do chores for parents and neighbors, etc...for the cash to buy cards...which not only allow crowns for pets, but comes with a pet.

FYI: currently the exchange rate, using the sale for the frugal people, is 1000 crowns for one dollar when bought in bulk...an awesome deal.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2011
Yes I think there should be easier ways to level your pet. It should not take this long to go from baby to teen to adult.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
How much it takes to level up your pet should be reflected in the Pedigree number. It takes 1875 experience points to get your pet to Epic, it don't matter if it's a Dragon(29) or a Sea Dragon(72). Lower numbered pets (the ones most likely to be owned by beginners) should train faster to give some encouragement. Then as you progress to areas where you will get better pet drops (higher numbers) you know that it will take longer to train this pet, but it also has the possibility of greater rewards.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I have a ton of pets too and most of them that are babies I've had since I started the game! I have 33 pets. Out of the 33, 7 are adults and 3 are teens.
I am going to leveling up my jellyfish as soon as I am done with gardening.
I have six wizards on one account, three on another, and my son has his own account. On the six wizard account I have all the pet snacks in my shared bank. Whatever pet I am training I take out that pet's school. Jellyfish is death school so I only have death snacks in my backpack. The wizards I don't use much, when I decide to level them will get whatever snacks go to the pet I am training.

Survivor
Feb 13, 2010
Defender
Aug 06, 2010
I have about 7 epic pets. These are my best ones - that I have used for either hatching projects or as my regular pets on my wizards.

There's no way I could have done that without the mega-snacks. But I have a few ancients that I am raising to epic without the mega-snacks. On these - I'm just waiting to see what the last talent will be, so I'm taking my time.

Funds aside, the whole process of training/raising pets can overall be tedious. It would be nice if the pets that we take on quests/battle could also earn points too... like they can earn 1% of our experience or 1 point for every 10 monsters or something...

In the meantime, some great suggestions I've read - I'll pass along:

Train pets just before you are about to reach a new level. That way, when you level, your energy bottle will be refilled.

Train once in the morning and once in the evening. Your energy can be refilled during the day. If you can manage 50 points in the morning and 50 at night (with just regular snacks) that's 100 a day.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
The slow way, or rather, the free way becomes tedious once your pet reaches adult as you need 500 points to grow your pet to ancient. With most non crown pet snacks giving only 4 to 5 points max, you reach a point where you just want that hard work to pay off a little quicker.

We need new pet snacks that extend from 7 to 12 points max that are free.

All crown snacks give 25 points or more for one snack. 12 points for free snacks is reasonable I say.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
Training isn't the problem, it's the hatching and the random talent selection that pets learn is a problem.

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
MikeStrath wrote:

There is a very easy way already...mega-snack pack. One pack should kick your baby to adult, or near to adult.

Each mega snack pack gives 250 xp for the pet. The xp the pet needs doubles each time so:
baby -> teen - 125xp
teen -> adult - 250xp
adult -> ancient - 500xp
ancient -> epic - 1000 xp

If you get 3 packs you can train about 2 pets to adult. One pack isnt enough to get the pet to adult even if the majority of the snacks are the same school and you get perfect. You will still be about 125xp short :( . The best free snack out there i think is the shanta pudding, killer tomato and the jar of jellybeans. (each gives 7 xp i think might be 8 though)

Survivor
Jan 31, 2010
than777 wrote:
Well, i was playing, and i earned a 5+ experience snack card, and it kinda boosted up the experience on my pet faster.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
i think it should stay the same from baby to adult but once an pet reaches adult it should be able to obtain exp the same way the wizard but at a fractional like for every 1,000xp the wizard gets the pet should recieve about 10xp going towards it growth

also they need more pet games like a pvp pet battle like how we have pvp wizard battles and winners collect pet snacks and a small amount of gold like 25-50 gold

Also i think the pet should also collect xp towards it's growth by the amount of battles it is used in like with pets with cards that helps the wizard player

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
maybe not easier but certainly more fun.

I'd love to have a 2D match three type game added in, and some other games that are actually fun to play, rather than frustrating and boring.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
Yes, I think it should be easier to level up our pets. I think they should, at the very least, multiply the rate at which pets gain experience by AT LEAST 4. That or make the card packs in the Crown Shop buy-able with gold. I don't care HOW much gold they make them cost, it could be 7,500 for all I care, I just wanna be able to buy them. Another Idea would be that maybe they could make our pets gain experience in the Pet Derby.
"crystalwizard12345" wrote:
maybe not easier but certainly more fun.

I'd love to have a 2D match three type game added in, and some other games that are actually fun to play, rather than frustrating and boring.

Personally, I think that the Dance game is all right, and I don't want a match three type game, whatever that is. A platformer would be pretty cool, though(I don't consider the Maze Game a platformer, I think it's more of a Pac-Man clone.). If they added a Platformer pet game, it would TOTALLY make up for the amount of time it takes to level up your pet.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2010
savior007 wrote:
i think it should stay the same from baby to adult but once an pet reaches adult it should be able to obtain exp the same way the wizard but at a fractional like for every 1,000xp the wizard gets the pet should recieve about 10xp going towards it growth

also they need more pet games like a pvp pet battle like how we have pvp wizard battles and winners collect pet snacks and a small amount of gold like 25-50 gold

Also i think the pet should also collect xp towards it's growth by the amount of battles it is used in like with pets with cards that helps the wizard player
I agree with just about all of this, but I think it should be every 10xp the wizard gets for 1xp for the pet. I like the Idea of a pvp pet battle, and for the last paragraph I think it shouldn't matter if the pet really did anything in the battle.

Survivor
Nov 30, 2010
Currently the only easy way to level up a pet quickly is by buying a mega snack-pack...each of which costs 5 dollars of real money. This is far too expensive in my opinion to be the only way to level pets relatively easily. I've suggested before that pets should be able to gain experience from ranked derby matches. Does anyone agree with me that this could help make leveling pets fun instead of tedious?

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
The easiet way to quickly level up a pet is to do all of the crafting quests up and including the first mooshu quest then buy all of cereal snack recipes from raven scar and DS.

While you are farming for gold for your next hatch, stop every hour and ten minutes or so to craft more snacks. Also buy level 5 or 6 snacks to supplement your crafted snacks.

If you feed your pet level 6 snacks that they love on top of the games 4xp that's 12xp a game. 10 games is 124xp so 31 or 32 games to get to adult.

If are legendary, feeding them level 6 snacks they love, you can have your pet half way to adult in one sitting.

[edit - correcting my math, 10 games is a 120xp so you would need 11 games and whatever snack you wanted to use to get to teen. So that Would be 33 games max to get to adult in two sittings :) If you feed your pet another level 6 snack it loves, You'll already be at 7/250 :) I think my math is correct this time?]

Survivor
Oct 25, 2010
If you aren't a master craftsman you can find the level 6 cereal for the different schools in the Bazaar. They cost around 2700 depending on how many there are. The pets that I have trained so far all love their school cereal and it does help getting 12 points at a time while training if you can't or won't buy the mega snacks. Also, if you can find any rank 7 snacks the pets seem to at least like those if they don't love them so you get good points for those.