Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lol - You people make me laugh so hard!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Seriously guys - Can't we all just chilax in the arena here? Lol you people honestly make me laugh so hard when I read some of these posts. Now now I've heard them all don't freak out! I get it I get it Ice is to strong, Myth is unfair with their stuns, Storm is to strong, Dispelling is unfair, Spamming Smokescreen is way unfair..blah blah blah! Seriously guys - It's just a game. I know these things may be frustrating to you all, considering I have done almost everything I listed considering my 8 accounts. But it is extremely ridiculous how some people react! So you loose a pvp because all the ice had full gear and spell proof pets and a life. BooHoo for you, you lost 15 points. But is it really so neccessary to just freak out and get all mad? Seriously this is ridiculous! So you lose one match, is it the end of the world? Is the pvp stock market going to crash just because you couldn't win because you thought it was unfair? Lol You say ice isnpowerful correct? Well all the other schools are WAY powerful to, just only some of you, not most, know how to use them! Yea we all know ice is the strong holding school because they know how to stand their ground, but storm can release a bucketload of damage on you as well.

But there are new spells these days that can help schools like death, myth, balance and fire. But non of you think about that! All you think about is ok ok I gotta change this because I lost to them, ugh ok going to go report that I lost on the message board! Lol like I said this cracks me up because a lot of you are just so lazy! You may say, Jack! We have tried to make strategies, but they can't beat storms damage! Or ices resist! Lol well I can tell ALL OF YOU! There is a way. There is a way I promise you! Coming from a person who has 8 accounts and 4 characters of every single school. I know that each and every school out there can pull a win against ANYTHING. Many would realize this of you and your team put your heads together and came up with a plan!

Another thing. Yea yea I've chained with fire and myth and I've never died on ice and I've hit huge storm hits. But why didnt I ever die? It's because my opponent was to busy going "Noob, Ugh, Stop It!" instead of doing anything about it. You guys KI works hard on the game they have massively produced as what's now a triple A-Game. They try to make everybody happy and for me, they make me over joyed because I can see past all the losses and complaining and see just what a great game this is!

Just remember this guys. This is just a game and it's not the end of the world if you lose 1 or a couple pvp matches. Instead of complaining about why you may have lost, there is always a way to return, bigger, and better (:

-Jack

Delver
Dec 06, 2009
skier339 wrote:
Seriously guys - Can't we all just chilax in the arena here? Lol you people honestly make me laugh so hard when I read some of these posts. Now now I've heard them all don't freak out! I get it I get it Ice is to strong, Myth is unfair with their stuns, Storm is to strong, Dispelling is unfair, Spamming Smokescreen is way unfair..blah blah blah! Seriously guys - It's just a game. I know these things may be frustrating to you all, considering I have done almost everything I listed considering my 8 accounts. But it is extremely ridiculous how some people react! So you loose a pvp because all the ice had full gear and spell proof pets and a life. BooHoo for you, you lost 15 points. But is it really so neccessary to just freak out and get all mad? Seriously this is ridiculous! So you lose one match, is it the end of the world? Is the pvp stock market going to crash just because you couldn't win because you thought it was unfair? Lol You say ice isnpowerful correct? Well all the other schools are WAY powerful to, just only some of you, not most, know how to use them! Yea we all know ice is the strong holding school because they know how to stand their ground, but storm can release a bucketload of damage on you as well.

But there are new spells these days that can help schools like death, myth, balance and fire. But non of you think about that! All you think about is ok ok I gotta change this because I lost to them, ugh ok going to go report that I lost on the message board! Lol like I said this cracks me up because a lot of you are just so lazy! You may say, Jack! We have tried to make strategies, but they can't beat storms damage! Or ices resist! Lol well I can tell ALL OF YOU! There is a way. There is a way I promise you! Coming from a person who has 8 accounts and 4 characters of every single school. I know that each and every school out there can pull a win against ANYTHING. Many would realize this of you and your team put your heads together and came up with a plan!

Another thing. Yea yea I've chained with fire and myth and I've never died on ice and I've hit huge storm hits. But why didnt I ever die? It's because my opponent was to busy going "Noob, Ugh, Stop It!" instead of doing anything about it. You guys KI works hard on the game they have massively produced as what's now a triple A-Game. They try to make everybody happy and for me, they make me over joyed because I can see past all the losses and complaining and see just what a great game this is!

Just remember this guys. This is just a game and it's not the end of the world if you lose 1 or a couple pvp matches. Instead of complaining about why you may have lost, there is always a way to return, bigger, and better (:

-Jack

lol, yeah I agree. These people get so tantrumatic about little things. I like how you showed them.

- Oran Titanrider, Grandmaster Thaumaturgist
"We've all been noobs before ..."

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
I agree people need 2 quit complaining but there never going 2 stop.Pvp is the worst part of wizard101 it should be completely removed from the game lol.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
People wonder why I don't pvp much. This is the reason why. I've made some cool friends from PVP especially if they beat me. I know that they are going to be great if I need their help with a boss!

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
I think this post just said EVERYTHING I have ever thought about pvp!

You really have 8 accounts?

William Crowthistle Legendary pyromancer

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
OMG - TY Jack! This is the BEST and SANEST pvp message I've read! :)

7 months into this game with a 3rd legendary on the way - I still have a lot to learn, especially with each school. As much as I enjoy pvp, I have stayed away because of all the whining and cut throat attitudes... I don't enjoy being around uptight, name calling opponents and sometimes teammates for that matter. So, occassionally I'll just watch matches to see if I can learn anything. But even just watching, I've seen people get into some crazy verbal exchanges!

Yeah people - get over yourselves!
It's just a game - have fun already, for crying out loud!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Of course it's your right to spend at least $480 per year (8 accounts at the $60 annual special rate) and undoubtedly a lot of your time maintaining 32 different wizards for what I assume are PvP purposes. However, it's the right of others to complain that the game isn't fair if they see it that way.

Not everybody wants to use Excel, calculators, etc., and make a scholarly study of the game in order to master PvP. KingsIsle didn't program this game to suit the elite few PvP players. If you can master all of the nuances of the game and dominate everybody who hasn't, then good for you, but don't expect everybody who doesn't understand why they get "owned" to stand there and say nothing.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Skier339,

I complain, but I see it a whole different way than you do. I play alot of sports, and I like to win. I don't cheat, but I play to win, and when someone cheats, I don't like it and I get mad. That's why we have Refs, to stop the cheating.

I see this game and PvP a lot like a sport that I want to excel at, and get as good as I can. I see KI as the Ref's in the game, and they enforce (or change the rules as required). When someone has a ligitimate complaint, I see that as maybe a items that is cheating in the game, and needs to be changed. KI makes the decision if it's cheating, and if so they changed the game to improve that issue.
You have to have complaints, to improve the game, and to fix problems.

I also think you missed one point, that a lot of younger kids play this game. My brother being one of them, he's 13. To him, this is more than just a game, it's something he just loves. When he complains about something, he feels that it's important, and wants to be heard.

So, where I can agree with you to a point, you have to remember all the other people that play, that have different points of views because of their age.

Joe.
Joseph LionHunter.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Yes, actual complaining is annoying but what annoys me is how you stereotype it so that every post saying pvp is unfair is a complaint. Did you ever think that the poster of the so called complaint has a ice wizard and is pointing how they see that their ice wizard has a easier time winning compared to their other wizards? No, of course not, because you want everyone that disagrees with you to look stupid.

The reason why I think critical is unfair and ruins pvp is because I, yes me myself and I, use critical. Now, whenever I win from critical, I don't feel like I used any strategy becuase all I did was cross my fingers.

When someone does complain, it is becuase they think they are so good at pvp, then they lose so they think "I lost to someone that is weaker then me, that must mean that what they did was cheap." So basically they are trying to get themselves the advantage (by removing all disadvantages to their own strategy.) Since you did say you used all of those things that "comaplainers" complain about (myth stuns too much,, ice is too strong, storm does too much damage, dispels are unfair, chain smokescreen is unfair.) Well guess what, you are no better then the complainers. Some of the things you posted are a real advantage that you don't want that you don't want taken away from you. So you make people that say that they are powerful look stupid so that their opinion from KI eyes seems ignorant when really sometimes some of them aren't.

Now, remember these magic words.
Pvp will never be fair, balanced, or anything of the sort
Wanna know why, well when pvp comes out, people find that other schools are more powerful then their own. So they tell KI. KI tries to fix it but the solution creates another problem. This keeps on going, though over time, the faults in pvp may grow small and be left alone (though this rarely ever happens, and at the point in the game now, the faults in pvp are big.) Then a grand update comes, which then creates a big imbalance in pvp and the cycle starts over.

-Solstice64

Defender
May 21, 2009
Skier339, I totally agree with you. I mean whenever I'm on the message boards I hear 'Balance is too powerful' or 'Ice is unfair' or something like that. I don't even bother reading those posts because I know its just another PvP complaint. I think that if you have so many complaints about PvP, simply don't play PvP. Also every school has its strengths & weaknesses so no school is more powerful than another. Thank you for reading!

Christopher JadeBlade
Technomance
lvl.60 Theurgist

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The "if you don't like it, then leave" attitude is getting old.

Maybe you PvP geniuses can try to POLITELY explain to the complainers why their objections are wrong, instead of being rude and condescending.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
colagada wrote:
The "if you don't like it, then leave" attitude is getting old.

Maybe you PvP geniuses can try to POLITELY explain to the complainers why their objections are wrong, instead of being rude and condescending.
They are wrong because there wrong sry i just wanted to say that. Their objections are wrong because They are only pointing out the FAULTS in their school, without paying attention to the good parts

Explorer
Jul 18, 2009
Hey guys!

Well I've read some of your posts and I completely understand your guys point of view. I am very sorry for stereotyping complainers with unfair.

However, about how you complain and how the whole dropping out of pvp thing, and all about the REFS. Well you guys - Everyone has the right to complain. Nobody can stop that and the world wouldn't go around if there wasn't any.

But the fact is - like I said, it is just a game. This isn't real life. And I know the age differences come into consideration, I did not strictly put this clear but : it isn't the complainers that I am shooting at. I mean come on all of us have once thought "Ugh, I don't like this." And we have all said it and done it.

But what I was really going at is that it just frustrates me on how FAR people go with it. I mean yea there is freedom of speech, but this is just a game and does it really make sense to feel outrage? I can see you feeling frustrated but outraged? I mean come on people! I have absolutely No problem with people complaining. But the fact that they have to take it to the level where it gets offensive, is NOT cool. I have learned that from experience due to people making fun of me for my 8 accounts. But is ANYTHING going to happen if you put others down to make you feel better cause you may have lost? No. And what you may be saying, can ruin someones day - who is honestly just trying to have a good time.

If you loose a couple matches just shake it off and try again. You'll get to the top eventually no matter how frustrating it may be.

Can you all just do me a favor? I don't know about you, but I just wanna have a great time! And I am sure for most of you, that is the case! People are here to play guys - they aren't here to receive rude ignorant comments just because you may have an outrage.

Just remember - everyone can get to the top. And no you don't need a calculator (:

- Jack

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
skier339 wrote:

But the fact is - like I said, it is just a game. This isn't real life. And I know the age differences come into consideration, I did not strictly put this clear but : it isn't the complainers that I am shooting at. I mean come on all of us have once thought "Ugh, I don't like this." And we have all said it and done it.

But what I was really going at is that it just frustrates me on how FAR people go with it. I mean yea there is freedom of speech, but this is just a game and does it really make sense to feel outrage? I can see you feeling frustrated but outraged? I mean come on people! I have absolutely No problem with people complaining. But the fact that they have to take it to the level where it gets offensive, is NOT cool. I have learned that from experience due to people making fun of me for my 8 accounts. But is ANYTHING going to happen if you put others down to make you feel better cause you may have lost? No. And what you may be saying, can ruin someones day - who is honestly just trying to have a good time.

If you loose a couple matches just shake it off and try again. You'll get to the top eventually no matter how frustrating it may be.

Ok, once again you are stereotyping everyone that points out faults in pvp a complainer.

Wanna know why I "go so far" with it? Well because I think critical is unfair not becuase I lose to it all the time, but becuase I win with it all the time, and easily too. As a balance wizards, battles normally take a lot of mental effort to win, but when I put vengeance up, all I do is cross my figures. So, I found a fault in pvp but whenever I mention it, people go straight to "complainer" as if I don't have a strategy and I point out faults just to remove my weaknesses. This happens to every single person that thinks something is unfair in pvp, and with people going around calling any and everyone that does this a complainer, this game will remain broken as KI wont fix the faults for the anti-complainers make, quote and quote, complainers look stupid. (Yes noticed how I said the game not just pvp. If a certain spell is op in pvp, it sure is in pve too, its just people that pve don't point it out as they work together not against each other.)

-Solstice64
"Look at both sides before you decide."

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Solstice64 wrote:

Ok, once again you are stereotyping everyone that points out faults in pvp a complainer.

Wanna know why I "go so far" with it? Well because I think critical is unfair not becuase I lose to it all the time, but becuase I win with it all the time, and easily too. As a balance wizards, battles normally take a lot of mental effort to win, but when I put vengeance up, all I do is cross my figures. So, I found a fault in pvp but whenever I mention it, people go straight to "complainer" as if I don't have a strategy and I point out faults just to remove my weaknesses. This happens to every single person that thinks something is unfair in pvp, and with people going around calling any and everyone that does this a complainer, this game will remain broken as KI wont fix the faults for the anti-complainers make, quote and quote, complainers look stupid. (Yes noticed how I said the game not just pvp. If a certain spell is op in pvp, it sure is in pve too, its just people that pve don't point it out as they work together not against each other.)

-Solstice64
"Look at both sides before you decide."

As you should too Solstice64! There is nothing wrong or overpowered with criticals! Think about this for a second, do you think a teen could cast spells with Merlin's ability and power? Even an Adult for that matter? Power and ability come with time, training, and levels. What you learn as a novice is fine, but when you hit legendary, you should be able to cast the same spell with a lot more power and accuracy, as in this game!

Now, as I pointed out before, in Celestia, mobs went to 3 or 4 power pips to start out with, from DS only having 1 pip or 1 power pip if they were lucky! Now, you add in rank 7 spells! So, if you solo, or even play as a team, sometimes you want to kill them quickly or heal better and faster than you did before, now you enter criticals into the equation, which balances things out.

What I can say, if you don't like criticals, because it makes you win too fast or it makes it too easy for you, challenge yourself! Take off your critical gear, Use a level 45 or 50 wand that does not boost critical. You can keep your critical blocks, because others will use it, but it does not mean you have to.

But, just because you may not like something, does not mean that everyone shares the same opinion or that it unbalances the game.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
darthjt wrote:

There is nothing wrong or overpowered with criticals! Think about this for a second, do you think a teen could cast spells with Merlin's ability and power? Even an Adult for that matter? Power and ability come with time, training, and levels. What you learn as a novice is fine, but when you hit legendary, you should be able to cast the same spell with a lot more power and accuracy, as in this game!

[sarcasm]Ya your right, at level 60, storm wizards should have a chance of dealing 2400 (gargantuan kraken) damage the first turn. Or, maybe they don't trust their luck so they put up vengeance then the next turn deal 3450 (gargantuan triton.) You know, since they are a high level, they should have a 50% chance to deal massive damage at 95% accuracy.[/sarcasm]

darthjt wrote:
Now, as I pointed out before, in Celestia, mobs went to 3 or 4 power pips to start out with, from DS only having 1 pip or 1 power pip if they were lucky! Now, you add in rank 7 spells! So, if you solo, or even play as a team, sometimes you want to kill them quickly or heal better and faster than you did before, now you enter criticals into the equation, which balances things out.

Hmm, yet in pve, (almost) every battle I have won I did without critical. (Some pve battles I accidentally hit critical due to my 12% chance from gear.) Celestia is simply a world that takes more strategy and thought.

darthjt wrote:
What I can say, if you don't like criticals, because it makes you win too fast or it makes it too easy for you, challenge yourself! Take off your critical gear, Use a level 45 or 50 wand that does not boost critical. You can keep your critical blocks, because others will use it, but it does not mean you have to.

Do you really think that when I pvp I simply just critical all the time? I change my strategy (even if it is slight) about ever 2 days to 2 weeks. Most of the pvps I do I only have a 12% or lower chance of critical which never seems to work anyways. Point is that I can win without critical, so not using critical isn't challenging me.

When I first used critical in pvp, I found that I could win nearly every match without any thought going into it! Most of my other strategy required you to think and plan out every move, but with critical, all you have to do is put up vengeance. If there is a easy way to win in pvp, then obviously something is wrong.

darthjt wrote:
But, just because you may not like something, does not mean that everyone shares the same opinion or that it unbalances the game.

It is more then opinion (I wont go to the point of calling it a fact.) This is because I actually tested my opinion on this (by doing various pvps) and found that my original opinion was correct. (I am not going to say it is a fact though for people may disagree with how I collected my data, as in its more then me just looking at it and thinking "oh, critical looks like it breaks pvp.")

darthjt wrote:
As you should too Solstice64!

I looked at both sides, I know whats its like to use and be hit by it. Anyways, that point was made to the author as he should explore the "complainers" side of this argument more.

-Solstice64
P.S.
gtg so I cant proof-read this so I apologize for any grammatical errors.

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
every school has there strong points and weak points and it is annoying to see people complain observe: balance: judge storm: bolt ice: minion resist health fire: smokescreen myth: stunning/chaining life: to many heals death: overpowered honestly i think its just people making excuses to not being good enough to beat people. Thanks for starting this post. The thunderfist family

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Solstice64,

Look, I for one, knows how easy it is to win with criticals in PvP. I know how easy it is to beat anyone in PvP. Not meaning to toot my own horn too much, but I am not a kid. I know how to form a good strategy, even one against Criticals!

Problem is, most players, even in PvP, are kids! Some form good strategies and are not bad, but most, honestly, don't have a clue! That is one reason why we constantly see on the message boards, that this school is overpowered or that school is overpowered, or that pets should not be allowed, or treasure cards should be banned, even to go as far as saying healing should be banned.

Now, I hope you don't agree that all of those things doesn't make PvP unbalanced?

Criticals for good or great players, granted will make the game way too easy. Do you know how many people have a hard time with Celestia? I find that so hard to believe, but many people do. What might be a walk in the park to us, is down right mind boggeling to others.

With all this being said, I do agree with criticals. Also, I must point out with your Kraken/Triton Sarcasm, that schools have a lot of resists now and you give any school a chance, they will tower as soon as they can! So, that damage is no where near as high when you truly calculate everything!

Historian
May 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:

It is more then opinion (I wont go to the point of calling it a fact.) This is because I actually tested my opinion on this (by doing various pvps) and found that my original opinion was correct. (I am not going to say it is a fact though for people may disagree with how I collected my data, as in its more then me just looking at it and thinking "oh, critical looks like it breaks pvp.")

darthjt wrote:
As you should too Solstice64!

I looked at both sides, I know whats its like to use and be hit by it. Anyways, that point was made to the author as he should explore the "complainers" side of this argument more.

-Solstice64
P.S.
gtg so I cant proof-read this so I apologize for any grammatical errors.

may i ask you to show your work? i am quite curious on how you came up with your answer.

also, there isnt always 2 sides to everything, there are usually more. have you looked from the point of view of the neutral people? the people who depend solely on crits? who dont rely on crits at all?

if you havent then wouldnt you not have looked at "both sides"? you dont need to sool at the 2 most obvious sides, you need to look at all the sides, all the point of views, all the angles, when you do, you will be able to make the wisest decicion.

i dont rely solely on criticals, my rating is a measly 10% and i could care less about them, but i dont feel man that was too easy when i finish someone off with a crit, but i feel crits should stay.

also, if you dont want the criticals, you dont have to have the criticals, as darthjt said.

so i have a question, do you want criticals or do you not want them, cause if you dont, its an option, not manditory.