Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

empty knowledge crystal

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2010
I need help. I am at the location where the empty knowledge crystal is and the dungeon entrance circle is not lit up. I had gotten the quest just can't enter the dungeon. What is up with that?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
SH578497 wrote:
I need help. I am at the location where the empty knowledge crystal is and the dungeon entrance circle is not lit up. I had gotten the quest just can't enter the dungeon. What is up with that?

Sounds like you might be at the wrong vault.

Is this the quest "Pick Up the Spare" -- Locate the Empty Crystal?

If it is, then you need to go into the Upper Grand Chasm. On your right side, stay on the upper level, and go to the last vault that has a "blue" crystal on the door.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2010
I had this same problem before. I pretty much smacked myself on the side of my head when I realized I wuz doing the wrong cell. turns out I was doing "unused vault" instead of "crystal storage." :P :D

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
alexisgreen11 wrote:
I had this same problem before. I pretty much smacked myself on the side of my head when I realized I wuz doing the wrong cell. turns out I was doing "unused vault" instead of "crystal storage." :P :D

I have tried the dungeon with the blue crystal on the door at least 6 times, and every time I get to the Crystal Storage, the game won't allow me to either take a crystal or go down the stairs. The quest arrow points to the stairs behind the crystal storage, but the gate is locked. This is getting extremely frustrating! Can anyone help me figure out what, if anything, I'm doing wrong?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
joecor99 wrote:
alexisgreen11 wrote:
I had this same problem before. I pretty much smacked myself on the side of my head when I realized I wuz doing the wrong cell. turns out I was doing "unused vault" instead of "crystal storage." :-P :-D

I have tried the dungeon with the blue crystal on the door at least 6 times, and every time I get to the Crystal Storage, the game won't allow me to either take a crystal or go down the stairs. The quest arrow points to the stairs behind the crystal storage, but the gate is locked. This is getting extremely frustrating! Can anyone help me figure out what, if anything, I'm doing wrong?

I don't think that you are doing anything wrong. There is another post in this same section on the Message Boards where others are having the same problem. It seems to have started after the latest updates.

I also just tried to do the quest "Pick Up the Spare" just now. I have done this quest many times with my other wizards, so I know that I am at the right vault (the one with the blue crystal on it). When I got to the last room in the dungeon, I could see the crystal storage rack. But I did not get the "x" interactive dialogue box so that I could pick up the crystal. (After you do pick up the crystal, the locked gate behind the storage rack opens and you can leave the dungeon.)

So there is a bug here.

I did send an e-mail to Support@wizard101.com and I included a DxDiag file and a Wizard Client Log file to help them track this bug. Will let you know when I hear from them.

In the meantime, if you can contact Support, it would help too.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2010
Thank you HoneyBee - I will contact support as well. Clearly there is a bug that did not used to be there. :-)

Administrator
Thank you, we have added this to our Known Issues section of the Release Notes - https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/may2011

We are working diligently to solve all these problems, and apologize for any delays you are experiencing in your adventures.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
yeah guys im having the same problem too, im at the crystle storage end and it won't allow me to press -x- to get the crystle, i have done this quest now 15 times, will i have to do it again when support get the bug fixed, maybe support and wizard 101 should shut down the sit for fixing

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. I'm glad to know that the problem wasn't just me making some dumb mistake. I'll be looking forward to hearing when I can continue my game. I guess it's about time I did my Grizzleheim quests anyway. :-)

Survivor
Nov 11, 2010
JohnnyFirewood wrote:
yeah guys im having the same problem too, im at the crystle storage end and it won't allow me to press -x- to get the crystle, i have done this quest now 15 times, will i have to do it again when support get the bug fixed, maybe support and wizard 101 should shut down the sit for fixing

and we pay for our memberships that means to play the game and its kinda hard when the game has a bug on one of its quest,.. all its doing is taking away time i got to play which mean a usless membership, if this is not fix by tomorrow i just may end my membership and not upgrade back to it

Survivor
Mar 20, 2011
Patience please everyone. I know that there are some bugs and the KI is working hard to fix them. I pay a membership too and have done the same quest a few more times than needed as well.

I view it this way, it's more stuff to sell. We all need gold for things in this game, right?

In the meantime, I started working on my collecting of reagents and crafting. I can help lower level people with their quests. I'm going to level some pets that I have while this bug is happening. I do side quests, so there wasn't any quests past this, but that's ok. I have other players that need to get out of Wizard City, yikes! There's plenty to do while I wait.

Everyone expects things to be fixed yesterday. I know KI is working as fast as they can, so I think a little patience and kind words would work better. Of course this is just my opinion. :)

Sarai Lvl 47 Diviner