Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Continuous Stun In Ranked PVP - NOT Fair!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 31, 2010
I'm writing to let you know the continuous stunning of non-regular PVP players has gotten out of hand. Not only are the players who do this rude and offensive, but are always, every round nearly stunning opposing players.

How is this fair?

Yea, sure I am new to the PVP, and am totally turned away from this part of wizard because of the lack of control. Choke and Blinding Light should not be allowed in the Ranked PVP games.

As taking the power from Wild Bolt and giving it to these two other cards is just ridiculous. The comments from winners are often "Owned" and "we'll kill you all". How is this appropriate for Wizard as a family game?

Lauren Dark Flower ~ Forever Storm

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
darkflowerpower01 wrote:
I'm writing to let you know the continuous stunning of non-regular PVP players has gotten out of hand. Not only are the players who do this rude and offensive, but are always, every round nearly stunning opposing players.

How is this fair?

Yea, sure I am new to the PVP, and am totally turned away from this part of wizard because of the lack of control. Choke and Blinding Light should not be allowed in the Ranked PVP games.

As taking the power from Wild Bolt and giving it to these two other cards is just ridiculous. The comments from winners are often "Owned" and "we'll kill you all". How is this appropriate for Wizard as a family game?

DarkFlowerpower01,

Your right, the comments are not really appropriate, but that what some kids do. With over 10 million players, your going to have a lot of that, and if it doesn't break the rules, then it can and will go on.
On the Chain Stunning, I don't think that Earthquake should remove all your shields, that is what is really unfair about this. One person can stun you, the next remove all your Stun blocks, and the next stun you, and this can go on over and over. That is what I find really unfair, that that they can keep trying to stun you, to remove your stun shields.

Joseph LionHunter,

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Since stun blocks are added by the game (and not a player) to prevent chain-stunning, they shouldn't be removed by Earthquake. The simple fix is to re-program the game so that Earthquake doesn't remove stun blocks.

Now all that's needed is to convince KingsIsle to implement it.

Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Chain stunning is a very unfair way to win in pvp. Though don't take out blinding light and choke for those spells themselves cant chain stun. Simply convince KI to do what cologada said. (Though they did try once but for some reason it never worked.)

Historian
May 01, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
darkflowerpower01 wrote:

How is this fair?

DarkFlowerpower01,

Your right, the comments are not really appropriate, but that what some kids do. With over 10 million players, your going to have a lot of that, and if it doesn't break the rules, then it can and will go on.
On the Chain Stunning, I don't think that Earthquake should remove all your shields, that is what is really unfair about this. One person can stun you, the next remove all your Stun blocks, and the next stun you, and this can go on over and over. That is what I find really unfair, that that they can keep trying to stun you, to remove your stun shields.

Joseph LionHunter,

you are looking at the "dumbed down" version (if you know what i mean.) if you really want to know how this strategy works, and its range of actually being successfull is very very small, if you want to know more, you can go to "earthquake+stun block=no more stun block?" darthjt and gtarhannon really break down the strategy.

Squire
Jan 05, 2010
I still giggle from time to time from the tread titled " chainers vs complainers". I don't play team pvp only solo so it doesn't affect me but I'd have to say I'm quite fascinated by how much thought and planing People do to successfully pull this off, essentially using a pattern of spells to choke out the other team and make it impossible for them to make a move. Kind of interesting from my point of view.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
I understand you. Chain stunning is unfair. However, do you actually know how USELESS Earthquake is? Sure, it removes all charms and wards, but when they say all, they mean ALL. It removes the negative charms and wards! Plus, it hardly makes a single dent into an opponent's health! It's really the only Myth spell that is all target!

Yes, I know I am a Balance wizard, and I hate Earthquake due to the fact it removes my buffs, but if you really want it to keep stun blocks up, at least make Earthquake say "Removes all positive charms and wards" and really make it only remove the positive ones. It's incredibly weak!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Tom5194 wrote:
I understand you. Chain stunning is unfair. However, do you actually know how USELESS Earthquake is? Sure, it removes all charms and wards, but when they say all, they mean ALL. It removes the negative charms and wards! Plus, it hardly makes a single dent into an opponent's health! It's really the only Myth spell that is all target!

Yes, I know I am a Balance wizard, and I hate Earthquake due to the fact it removes my buffs, but if you really want it to keep stun blocks up, at least make Earthquake say "Removes all positive charms and wards" and really make it only remove the positive ones. It's incredibly weak!

That is your opinion of Earthquake and you are entirely entitled to it.

I know how to have earthquake do massive damage and one shot anyone with it, so just because you think it is weak, does not mean it actually is!

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
FYI, Earthquakes are not supposed to remove stun shields. Chain stunning, while not against the rules, is not considered good sport. KI has worked to try and stop chain stunning. That is why stun blocks were created. Then they had to add multiple blocks because people were double stunning. Then came Earthquake to remove the blocks. KI fixed this, but one of the updates (Celestia/Medusa I think) broke it. There are a lot of problems in PvP, IMO, but this is one problem that KI has worked hard to address. They are aware of the problem, but I don't see a fix coming until the next major update. So if they have a solution, it would probably be released with Wintertusk.

To players who must win at any cost: Please stop exploiting the game. What you're doing isn't aginist the rules, but it is against the spirit of the game. Considering the number of times KI has had to address this, it is clearly not something that the game designers approve of. Also, please consider that exploits like this take time and money away from real updates like new worlds, spells and level caps.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
uberfemme wrote:
FYI, Earthquakes are not supposed to remove stun shields.

But stun blocks are wards. Earthquake says "remove charms and wards from enemies", not charms and wards except stun blocks. Personally, I think the solution is a stun block amulet.

Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
uberfemme wrote:
FYI, Earthquakes are not supposed to remove stun shields.

But stun blocks are wards. Earthquake says "remove charms and wards from enemies", not charms and wards except stun blocks. Personally, I think the solution is a stun block amulet.

Stun blocks were added to the game as a result of chain stunning. They get an exception because their entire purpose of the blocks is to try and ensure a fair PvP fight. Anyway, the last fix came with Celestia. It's in the update notes. I'm still not sure what caused them to get removed again, but KI has tried again and again to prevent chain stuns.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
uberfemme wrote:
Stun blocks were added to the game as a result of chain stunning.

Were all stun block spells added after chain stunning, or just the four of them after you stun someone? I haven't played since the beginning so I'm curious.

uberfemme wrote:
They get an exception because their entire purpose of the blocks is to try and ensure a fair PvP fight. Anyway, the last fix came with Celestia. It's in the update notes. I'm still not sure what caused them to get removed again, but KI has tried again and again to prevent chain stuns.

I understand that they said it won't remove stun shields in the update notes, but that note was either completely inaccurate, or accurate for like a week. Here's the thing... as of right now, stun shields are wards. Programmers are literal people. If the spell says all charms and wards, then they're going to keep on dropping all charms and wards. I don't disagree that chain stunning is an issue and that some sort of counter needs to be introduced. However, I don't think making a programming exception for earthquake to avoid dropping stun shields is the answer. That's my two cents anyway.

*edited to fix a typo*

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Yes I think it is very unfair I cannot wait until they change Earthquake so it cannot removes stun shields