Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Treasure Cards in Shared bank? O:

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
I noticed that we can place almost everything in shared bank to use amongst our wizards. ALMOST.

One thing that remains peculiar is our treasure cards. Now, you may be wondering why would anyone need treasure cards in shared bank?! How ridiculous! Well, ideas come and ideas go and this is just another idea.

My idea is that treasure cards should be place in shared bank so that you can trade spells among your wizards. The main reason for this suggestion is crafting.

I have three Grandmaster Artisans and sometimes I have to carft a school specific treasure card that I need to give to one of my other wizards. But because I cannot put these cards in shared bank, I either have to risk trading it with someone and hope they are honest enough to let me switch wizards and trade back the cards with me or i could sell them at the bazaar and pray to god i can buy them back before someone else does.

For example, I'm crafting my level 55 robes so i need spells like Earthquake, Ice Collossus, Hydra, Phoenix, now if you only have one wiz that is GM crafter, for example your life wiz, then you'd need to craft the TCs on the respective wizards since the recipes are SCHOOL ONLY and then trade them with your life wiz. The only way to do that at the moment is to trade with someone or sell at bazaar and buy back :-(

I find this to be a bit of an inconvenience because there are only two people I trust enough in the game that is on my friend list that I would do such an activity with but the thing is they are not on when i'm on and so it becomes difficult to get my crafting done at the time when I want it done.

Another reason could be that you have Treasure cards that would be better in the hands of your other wizard. For example, my fiery bloom srooms gives firezilla, but the problem is i planted those on my Storm. The firezilla would be better on my Fire wiz since power pips count if i use it on my fire wiz.

I could cite a few more reasons but i think those will suffice. Anyone think thisi s a good idea, give me a shout out and let me hear what ya think!

See ya in the Spiral!

Logan Frost,

Legendary.

P.S. read my story here: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/26347.ftl
or on central : http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1914689#post1914689

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I agree with you! I have traps that are for fire and death schools on my life wizard and I want to be able to give them to my death and fire wizards. I made a free account and made my wizards friend each other. You can always transfer them that way if you have two computers. In fact, I think that I am going to do that later.

Historian
May 01, 2010
i agree completely, right now, the only way for you to transfer treasure is either to make a second account, or get a good friend that you can trust, and if someone has none of those, they are out of luck.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
NicoUzumaki wrote:
I noticed that we can place almost everything in shared bank to use amongst our wizards. ALMOST.

One thing that remains peculiar is our treasure cards. Now, you may be wondering why would anyone need treasure cards in shared bank?! How ridiculous! Well, ideas come and ideas go and this is just another idea.

My idea is that treasure cards should be place in shared bank so that you can trade spells among your wizards. The main reason for this suggestion is crafting.

I have three Grandmaster Artisans and sometimes I have to carft a school specific treasure card that I need to give to one of my other wizards. But because I cannot put these cards in shared bank, I either have to risk trading it with someone and hope they are honest enough to let me switch wizards and trade back the cards with me or i could sell them at the bazaar and pray to god i can buy them back before someone else does.

For example, I'm crafting my level 55 robes so i need spells like Earthquake, Ice Collossus, Hydra, Phoenix, now if you only have one wiz that is GM crafter, for example your life wiz, then you'd need to craft the TCs on the respective wizards since the recipes are SCHOOL ONLY and then trade them with your life wiz. The only way to do that at the moment is to trade with someone or sell at bazaar and buy back :(

I find this to be a bit of an inconvenience because there are only two people I trust enough in the game that is on my friend list that I would do such an activity with but the thing is they are not on when i'm on and so it becomes difficult to get my crafting done at the time when I want it done.

Another reason could be that you have Treasure cards that would be better in the hands of your other wizard. For example, my fiery bloom srooms gives firezilla, but the problem is i planted those on my Storm. The firezilla would be better on my Fire wiz since power pips count if i use it on my fire wiz.

I could cite a few more reasons but i think those will suffice. Anyone think thisi s a good idea, give me a shout out and let me hear what ya think!

See ya in the Spiral!

Logan Frost,

Legendary.

P.S. read my story here: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/26347.ftl
or on central : http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1914689#post1914689

I have often wondered the same thing Nico. I don't see what the harm would be in being able to put treasure cards in shared bank as it would be easier to transfer them to our other wizards.

The only other solution I have come across is to start a free account just for that purpose, but is not the easiest way. I have some lower rank cards on my legendaries and grand master that I would like to give to my lower level wizards too.

And as for the crafting part, yes, that gets to be a problem too. I don't see the point in having to buy the same recipe for each wizard in order to craft an item when one wizard already has the recipe and could craft the cards for the others to use.

Even though we are friends in game, and you are aware of the problems I have had with the game lately, I would be glad to help you switch some cards to another of your wizards. I don't think my wizards would go invisible in that kind of activity as long as I keep them in one area and not go to another. And as you said, the only other problem is that it we aren't always on at the same time.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Theurgist
Legendary Pyromancer
Grand Master Balance lvl 53

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
KI removed the ability to trade enchanted treasure cards due to PVP complaints that they were being hit with storm lord and frost giant by players not in that school. But they left the ability to trade crafted and purchased cards. Now with the advent of gardening, players have access to all manner of spells, (triton, judgement, earthquake, helephant, and scarecrow just to mention a few). My myth wizard has had earthquake since level 18 and she is only a level 39 now. So, if KI had intended to keep high level spells restricted to school only in an attempt to keep PVP fair, they have completely negated that now. Personally, I always felt it was pointless to use high level spells out of my school because of the waste of pips. I might use a one or two pip spell to break a shield, or a healing spell, but that is it. So I would have to agree, at this point, what is the purpose of preventing treasure card trading through the shared bank? It would make trading cards for crafting and gardened cards between your wizards much easier. KI may revist that situation or they may not. However, the easy short term fix for this is to create a free account, make a low level wizard and do your card trading through that wizard. You can trade any time, and have no worries of someone running off with your cards. Good luck.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Two accounts is the way to go.

And the vest part is you actually DON'T need TWO computers: After you log the first account on, wait until it boots up. When you see the "waiting area" you can "run" or "open" W101 again and a second game will launch. If you try to open the second too soon it will tell you you already have W101 running and you can't open it.

I only discovered this recently and it makes my life so much easier!!! Good luck!

Defender
Aug 06, 2010
NicoUzumaki wrote:

For example, I'm crafting my level 55 robes so i need spells like Earthquake, Ice Collossus, Hydra, Phoenix, now if you only have one wiz that is GM crafter, for example your life wiz, then you'd need to craft the TCs on the respective wizards since the recipes are SCHOOL ONLY and then trade them with your life wiz. The only way to do that at the moment is to trade with someone or sell at bazaar and buy back :(

I feel for you! I am trying to craft my level 55 storm/death robe.

My legendary balance bought the recipe ahead of time so I could have it done for my storm when she hit 55. Well, the stormzilla and tempest card recipes are for storm only! And I can't pass the cards between wizards.

So they shouldn't allow me to buy the recipe if I can't complete the crafting!

Now I have the recipe on my legendary balance. Fine. I transferred all the reagents to my now level 55 storm. Guess what, storm can't buy the robe recipe becasue she still needs to do the grandmaster artisan seal craft! Technically, I'm still in the District of Stars but have been able to go to Floating Land when helping some fights - so I do have the recipe for that!

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
Well I don't have one on those big PCs. I have a small fijutsu lifebook so runnig two windows with wizard101 can be a hassle. And as my friend Fallon stated, friends are not on at the same time. As of today I have 6 legendaries so the trading of hig powered cards to low levels is mute as far as i am concerned. What's more I was not referring to enchanted treasure cards. I was referring to regular treasure cards that you need to craft or get from drops or even buy at the bazaar.

The main reason why I wanted this is for crafting. For example, i can only craft ice collossus on my ice wizard but he is not at the appropriate level to craft the level 55 ice gear so I have to trade those Collossus TC's with my other wiz who is a GM Artisan.

If I were able to put those TCs in my shared bank then it would be an esay matter but I have to trade them with someone that's the only way. It's a major inconvenience and I would like to see it addressed. Everything else can go into shared bank, so why not TCs?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
ellielee wrote:
NicoUzumaki wrote:

I feel for you! I am trying to craft my level 55 storm/death robe.

My legendary balance bought the recipe ahead of time so I could have it done for my storm when she hit 55. Well, the stormzilla and tempest card recipes are for storm only! And I can't pass the cards between wizards.

So they shouldn't allow me to buy the recipe if I can't complete the crafting!

Now I have the recipe on my legendary balance. Fine. I transferred all the reagents to my now level 55 storm. Guess what, storm can't buy the robe recipe becasue she still needs to do the grandmaster artisan seal craft! Technically, I'm still in the District of Stars but have been able to go to Floating Land when helping some fights - so I do have the recipe for that!

Ellielee, even though you have the recipe and possibly most or all of the reagents, you still can't craft the robe until your balance wizard is level 55. I know, I tried. I have a balance wizard that is level 53 and had the same Idea. I was able to get the recipe and have all the reagents including TC's. The reagents are still in my backpack as I do not sell any of them and the TC's are stored in an unused deck. I don't know which robe you are crafting for balance, but mine required hydra TC's and part of it required sandstorm. Just keep everything together and when your wizard reaches level 55 you will have it ready to go.

But I do agree with Nico completely about being able to put TC's in shared bank. It would make things more convenient since many of us have several wizards running. I currently have 2 legendaries and a grand. I use my legends to do a lot of farmng for reagents that I know will be needed later and my younger wizards do most of the gardening.

Good luck and I hope KI will take this issue into consideration.

Fallon WinterLeaf
Legendary Theurgist
Lengendary Pyromancer

Fallon WinterGarden
Grand Master Balance lvl 53

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
it's a good idea yet, PvP would get way out of hand with this. A lot of low level wizards have high treasure cards lol. I call them treasure wizards. The fight off of their treasure cards at a low level. I am just bringing this up, PvP might get harder.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
I think it would be a good idea to have the ability to put treasurecards in the shared bank. People are smart enough to find ways to put the cards they want into the hands they want anyway. By creating a free second account or trade them with trustable friends.
It would only be a good service of KingsIsle to make a bankslot for treasurecards.

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:
it's a good idea yet, PvP would get way out of hand with this. A lot of low level wizards have high treasure cards lol. I call them treasure wizards. The fight off of their treasure cards at a low level. I am just bringing this up, PvP might get harder.

I am sorry but I do not follow your logic here. How would putting TCs in shared bank affect PVP?

I had my legendary ICe gear in shared bank even before I created an Iice wizard and yet my ice couldn't wear it until he was level 58.

gargantuan have a level restriction of level 58 only so even if you put it in shared bank, how will that be usable by a low level wizard?

When I said TCs I do NOT mean enchanted TCs, I meant regular TCs
P
lease keep your eye on the ball and do not cloud everything with PVP.

People are already spamming TCs in PVP anyways, FYI

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
hunteray09 wrote:

There are some cards that are not tradeable at anytime so those would not be allowed into shared banks.

And even if PvP does get harder, it takes skill in setting up a deck even in PvE. If a player uses a high rank spell that is not of their school, then the chances are they are going to expend all of their pips on that one spell. That leaves them basically defenseless for a couple of rounds at least. To me that says OPEN SEASON on that player. Take him out. I have always found that taking out the weaker opponent first is the best way even in PvE.
So why not the same in PvP.

Celestia isn't easy either. If you have been there, then you know that we are now dealing with our own rank 6 spells being used against us. And sometimes the spells have actually changed schools. The enemies are gaining spells as we have. Eventually, we may be fighting enemies that have the same spells that we just learned. Think about that for a while.

I am not one to try to spoil anyones fun and if PvP is their thing fine. But I am getting to the point that I wish KI would completely separate PvP from PvE.

It seems that every time a good idea is suggested that would help the wizards in the game be able to craft or garden or even fight, PvP is always brought up. I think that is one of the reasons I don't PvP. I tried it a couple time when my fire wizard was young and didn't really care for it then. Yes, I know there are things that can be gained by it, but the hassles are not worth it.

Now back to the original topic of this forum. I don't see any reason why we should not be able to transfer TC's between our own wizards by way of shared bank.

Many of us would love to be able to set up second accounts but with the current economy, some are just barely being able to keep their subs.

And as Firise stated, players are finding ways to put those cards in to the decks of their wizards anyway.

Yes, free accounts can be used to trade cards between your wizards. If you are having trouble getting the game to go to window mode instead of full screen then you have to switch between accounts by using the control button to minimize each screen to open the other. I have no idea what kind of effects this can have on your system, but I don't think the control buttun was meant to be used in this fashion.

For a change, can we just leave PvP out of a topic? Especially since it is not the main part of the game to begin with. It is just a side line.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Here Here! [bangs the ginger ale mug on the table]
one good idea

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
hobi wrote:
Here Here! [bangs the ginger ale mug on the table]
one good idea

ROTFL

Ok that's a totally new way to agree! LOL

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Niko,

Thanks for posting this idea. I've been meaning to ask why we can't put treasures in our shared bank, but never seem to have the time.

I heartily agree that we should be able to share. With the advent of gardening, I have many home-grown treasure cards that could be best used by my low level wizards. What good are they to my retired legendary who does nothing but garden and craft now?

Crafting level 55 gear would be ever so slightly easier if we could share treasures in the shared bank, too. LOL, I asked my son to trade and re-trade crafted treasures for the level 55 gear, and then had to chase him around the Spiral to get them back! My own son couldn't resist those awesome treasure cards (hydra, phoenix, etc.)!!!! Anyway, it's a pain to arrange to meet someone in-game solely for the purpose of trading treasures.

Please, please, please, KI, let us trade treasure cards among our own wizards!

Grandmaster Gardener and Artisan, Iridian Shadowweaver

Mastermind
Jun 13, 2009
queenlybluebean wrote:
Niko,

Thanks for posting this idea. I've been meaning to ask why we can't put treasures in our shared bank, but never seem to have the time.

I heartily agree that we should be able to share. .....Crafting level 55 gear would be ever so slightly easier if we could share treasures in the shared bank, too. .....it's a pain to arrange to meet someone in-game solely for the purpose of trading treasures.

Please, please, please, KI, let us trade treasure cards among our own wizards!

Grandmaster Gardener and Artisan, Iridian Shadowweaver

i feel your pain Queenlybluebean. It was because of the difficulties that i encountered when i was crafting my level 55 gear for my wizards that I realized what an handicap it was not being able to just throw the cards in my shared bank and get it on my other wizard.

There were times when I had to wait a few days to try and catch my friend in game so that i could trade just so I can make my hat and robe. Sometimes I even had to put off questing because you know once you hit the floating land, its hell and power house with those jungletooth and rubble rousers! Not to mention the wild crags.

Anyways, I think putting non enchanted TCs in shared bank will be a cery very good idea!

I hope they are listening.

Ravenhood, Wizard City

"Alchemy is entwined in the essence of my being..." Queen Sarsi, Scythia