Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Skeletal Dragon Damage Convert Problem

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 19, 2009
I was doing the Labyrinth today on my level 58 death wizard. This problem happened on two separate occasions in the dungeon. When I was fighting Devora (the death boss I believe) I used a Death Prism on her then used Skeletal dragon which converted the death damage to life. Well on the next turn I threw on a Death Prism and it used it but Skeletal Dragons DoT hit only did around 100 barely. This seems to be some sort of glitch as it used the Death Prism but did not convert it to Life damage. The same thing happened when I fought the final boss of Labyrinth (The rank 9 Death boss, I forget his name) I threw on a Death Prism then death trap then another Death Prism then another death trap. Then what do you know, the DoT again did not convert to Life damage. Could this please be fixed soon? Thanks!

Explorer
Apr 04, 2010
It is the same thing for all DOT spells. A prism only converts the first part of the damage, not everything.

Defender
Feb 19, 2009
alanthewizard101 wrote:
It is the same thing for all DOT spells. A prism only converts the first part of the damage, not everything.

Well if that's the case, then this makes zero sense. A prism should convert ANY spell you use whether it be the DOT of a spell or not. I rely heavily on Skeletal dragon for my Death Wizard and something like this bothers me. I really motion for this to be fixed. Hopefully a staff member will read this and bring the idea forward.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
I haven't tried to convert dot before, let me get this strait.
The spiky diamond circling a monster will trigger traps but not prisms. I kind of thought a prism was a type of trap...

Is the charm ignoring the prisms entirely, or is it popping the prisms without conversion?

Defender
Sep 28, 2010
Yeah i wish they would make all dot spells fixed.Like if i use a fire prism on a fire monster then use fire dragon.The fire dragon should do ice damage for the 3 turns plus the first hit.

Survivor
Aug 22, 2010
DOT spells have 3 - 4 attacks. Ex: Elf has 4 & Heckhound has 3.

Your prism & any death traps & blades will get used up on the 1st attack & will not be there to boost or convert any consecutive attacks.

What you need to do is lay down 4 death prisms before casting Skeletal Dragon. Then each attack will be converted to life as that spikey shield makes its pass around the enemy.

It's real hard to boost DOTs because only the 1st attack is boosted by traps. If you want to boost all Skeletal Dragon attacks with traps on a death enemy; you need to lay down 4 of them before you attack & in this order or the traps won't work.

Death prism
Death trap
Death prism
Death trap
Death prism
Death trap
etc.

If you cast a death trap befor a prism... your spell will convert to life before it reaches the trap & the trap won't boost it. You have to layer them in a specific order. What a pain I know.

For death enemies it's best to cast a prism, then trap, faint, curse, 2nd faint from an amulet, spirit trap & blades and then cast Wraith. It's way too hard to boost a DOT that is the same school as the enemy you're fighting. It's best to use high powered spells that do single concentrated Dmg & boost the dog snot out of them.

Robert DragonWisperer LvL 58 Lifer

Survivor
Apr 25, 2009
0stormbreak0 is correct. There is definately a problem with Skeletal Dragon and prisms. The first prism works and any subsequent ones do not - at least not if they were placed after the initial attack (haven't tried placing multiple prisms before the attack).

You shouldn't have to place four prisms before attacking. I never have to do that with my fire wizards Dragon which is a similat DOT attack.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
This is a bug KI has known about for some time now. It was reported by me personally back in October of last year. Others may have reported it sooner. I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to report it again. To be clear, it will only work with the initial strike of a 4 hit DoT. For fire, with spells such as heckhound and scald, it won't work at all. each turn of the DoT will consume your prisms though.

Historian
May 01, 2010
0stormbreak0 wrote:
alanthewizard101 wrote:

Well if that's the case, then this makes zero sense. A prism should convert ANY spell you use whether it be the DOT of a spell or not. I rely heavily on Skeletal dragon for my Death Wizard and something like this bothers me. I really motion for this to be fixed. Hopefully a staff member will read this and bring the idea forward.

well thats kinda funny. fires have had to deal with this all the time, when one death spell comes up and theyre begging a change. anyway, make a strategy, isnt the initial hit like 700? you can work with that, just you need to blade up more

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Against a death foe the lower level spells are more effective. For skeletal pirate, you only need the prism. trap, blade, spirit blade, feint combo to do massive damage...and no need for the multiple prisms...it is why fire uses heliphant rather than dragon vs fire, works out more effective in the long run.