Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Beds, chairs, and benches

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
this has been a hot topic for a while
the ability to sit on chairs and benches
i also thought it would be kinda cool if we could climb on top of the bed and jump up and down =P

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
If stacked with increased health and mana regen while sitting/sleeping etc., then this would be perfect.

Administrator
Phel wrote:
If stacked with increased health and mana regen while sitting/sleeping etc., then this would be perfect.

This is a game rated E10. Players will NOT be laying on beds.

As for other ways to interact with furniture, this is an often suggested idea, and something we will continue to consider.

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Feb 25, 2010
I've often thought it would be nice if I could sit on my bench and enjoy the garden I've put together.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2008
Professor Greyrose wrote:
Phel wrote:

As for other ways to interact with furniture, this is an often suggested idea, and something we will continue to consider.

Sorry about that sleeping part Greyrose and thanks for reminding me. Long time gamer here and I sometimes forget fact that this is rated E10.

Explorer
Feb 10, 2009
I really think it would be cool if we could have the straw mattress bunk beds from Zamunda, the cool portraits from District of the Stars hanging on the walls, and the banners in MS that have Ninja written in Japanese ^^.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Andrew SkyStrider on Jan 4, 2013 wrote:
I really think it would be cool if we could have the straw mattress bunk beds from Zamunda, the cool portraits from District of the Stars hanging on the walls, and the banners in MS that have Ninja written in Japanese ^^.
I'm still waiting on all the furniture from Wysteria... :)

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
I would like a rack to put the music scrolls in and a way to identify them. Maybe by scrolling over them? Mine are lying all over the floor making a mess by the player.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2011
Mackspeaks on Jan 5, 2013 wrote:
I would like a rack to put the music scrolls in and a way to identify them. Maybe by scrolling over them? Mine are lying all over the floor making a mess by the player.
i have just one itty bitty question , why don't you put your scrolls in the player? that way their not "lying" all over the floor to do this just click on button that you use to place furniture then click on player and hit the music note button that will load the scroll therefor it's neatly stored.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2010
You can fit them all in there? Who knew? Thanks I will try that. :)

Survivor
May 13, 2012
well I wish we had some decorating items from wysteria, the carpets and furniture there are great..but you cant get much there. I bought the wysteria villa and it is a lovely place but i had to get my furnishings at the bazaar or in marleybone. yep the developers need to come up with a better class of furniture and rugs and wall decorations.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2012
I would be cool if when I in my house I could be able to sit down on a chair and play with sword being displayed in my house (I know there are bobble heads) but it would be more fun if we could play with things in our house example I could ruffle carpets and juggle swords and it would be cool if we could also have paintings of of worlds we've been to and be able to teleport to them

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Abster1910 on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
I would be cool if when I in my house I could be able to sit down on a chair and play with sword being displayed in my house (I know there are bobble heads) but it would be more fun if we could play with things in our house example I could ruffle carpets and juggle swords and it would be cool if we could also have paintings of of worlds we've been to and be able to teleport to them
This has been posted tons of times, and KI has responded. There will be no interactive chairs, sofas or beds. Ever.
There are good reasons for this.
There was a painting in the old Nightmare pack that teleports you to Nightside.
There are some interactive items that are dropped in some of the packs, but it will never been the chairs, etc. sorry!

Defender
May 13, 2009
The paintings of worlds that you can teleport to already exist. They are called tapestries but i forget where you get them.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2010
Yes, it's very annoying when you just sit and stare at your furniture, and it's like: "Why can't I just sit down?" I am confused . . ? And for beds, just let one person lay down in them, and it will be fine ;)

Survivor
Sep 29, 2009
There's the Avalon tapestry that allows you to port to that world. There's a quite a number of other interactive housing items as well (for example, I have a cannon that shoots!). You can usually find the interactive housing items in packs or if you are lucky, in the bazaar (but be prepared to spend a lot of gold).

Explorer
Oct 07, 2011
Abster1910 on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
maybe just a bit different xD

so you could sit in chairs, have 1 person lay down in a bed, and i know this isnt furniture related, but when for example, your walking around in a small lake thingy (krokotopia), you could swim? i know you swim in crab alley and stuff, but on top would be awesome!

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
I get a bunch of furniture that I can't use. My bed, desk, and drawers don't have much use. They're just clutter. Each furniture item should have a purpose. Like a bed could restore health or mana quicker by lying down on it. Or you could get different spells from your desk by learning from your textbooks.

Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
I agree. I think you should be able to use furniture as you would In Real Life. So you could Sit in chairs, Lie on beds, Open Drawers etc. The furniture needs a purpose, besides sit in your house all day and collect Virtual Dust.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
Yea, I hate to have beds I can't lie down on, chairs I can't lounge in, kitchens I can't cook wit, etc. I think if you ate a food in your kitchen cabinets, you should get a little mana at least

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
I've often wished my wizard could lie down on her bed, and it makes sense that doing this would restore health quicker. After all, in real life doctors tell you to rest in bed when you're sick.

Administrator

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Nov 15, 2008
I know that this has been brought up many times but i just want to mention that i hate having to do the furniture glitch to sit in a gosh dang chair! as for beds, like i have heard ki responders say, this is a E10 game so no beds, but maybe you could jump on beds which i have heard mentioned ;P

matthew wyrmblade lvl 82

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
If its related to glitch uncertainty issues then certainly characters will never be able to sit in chairs either. No substitute for solid programming practices.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
matthew wyrmblade on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
I know that this has been brought up many times but i just want to mention that i hate having to do the furniture glitch to sit in a gosh dang chair! as for beds, like i have heard ki responders say, this is a E10 game so no beds, but maybe you could jump on beds which i have heard mentioned ;P

matthew wyrmblade lvl 82
If you seen this many times, then you've seen Professor Greyrose's response. This will not happen.