Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Time for prism blades

AuthorMessage
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Given the greater health of enemies, and the higher ranks having even more same element resist compared to lower rank enemies, it is about time we have prism blades, to help s upport those with spells that are multi hit, such as damage over time spells and myth's double hits. Death ice myth and fire all have at least two spells that do damage over time or hit twice in a row. The method of filling up a deck with prism traps is just messy for these spells and schools. It would be a much more efficient to have prism blades, which will act like attack blades and work over the duration of the spells attack.

Can we have prism blades?

Survivor
Oct 17, 2008
I like the idea, but to prevent confusion it may need a different name. (Don't look at me because I got nothing )

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
YES!!! That is an excellent idea. Myth has a huge disadvantage when going against Myth enemies as Myth's best spells are multi-hit.

KI, please?!?!?!

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
While the thought came to me that this would be a good thing, I think it would remove some the the deck building skills you develop for fighting your own school, and therefore make the game different.

Most of the time it isn't the MOBs you are worried about, it is the boss, so just toss the spell, boosting to overcome the resistances, then settle in on the bosses.

The problem does become much easier in CL once you start to crit, as the crit boost is usually much higher than what the MOBs reduce.

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
Adherent
May 20, 2010
The problem with a Prism Blade is that blades get triggered first. The spell would be converted to the opposite school BEFORE it hit the school trap, thus leaving the trap alone. Also, if the Prism blade were triggered first, it would convert to the opposite school, preventing a school blade from also triggering.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2009
I'd like cross-prisms.
For example: Fire wizards get a prism that turns firedamage into ice damage. Wouldn't it be nice if you had also a prism that turns firedamage into stormdamage?

Defender
Oct 31, 2009
kckool wrote:
What about (school) mirror?

mirror blade (your school)?

or (your school) mirror blade?

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
colagada wrote:
The problem with a Prism Blade is that blades get triggered first. The spell would be converted to the opposite school BEFORE it hit the school trap, thus leaving the trap alone. Also, if the Prism blade were triggered first, it would convert to the opposite school, preventing a school blade from also triggering.

The same logic applies to traps and prisms. Depending on when the prism is placed along with the trap, the prism might not pick up your desired trap. Not much to really worry about if you can time your cast properly.