Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We need BETTER Sidewalks in Marleybone!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 25, 2011
colagada wrote:
There are no sidewalks on roofs, which is where most of the Marleybone world is played.

The way to avoid the enemies is to be patient and wait until the way is clear before proceeding. Like walking across a street, you need to look both ways. Marleybone isn't a good place to go full-speed from one spot to the next.

Totaly it so true just live with it

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I completely agree with you. MB does need better sidewalks. I've definitely had my more-than-fair share of unwanted battles, but I soon developed a way to get around MB. First of all, I have a mount-which definitely helps. Then, all I do is hug the edges and make sure when I cross, there is no one close to me. Also, I noticed that if you stay on the brown ramps when crossing roofs, you stay safe. The bad guys ( or whatever you call them) of MB never ever stray onto the brown ramps. So stay on those. Well, I hope my advice is useful. :D

--Sabrina Goldendust
lvl 38 conjurer

Survivor
Feb 28, 2009
I completely agree with you. MB does need better sidewalks. I've definitely had my more-than-fair share of unwanted battles, but I soon developed a way to get around MB. First of all, I have a mount-which definitely helps. Then, all I do is hug the edges and make sure when I cross, there is no one close to me. Also, I noticed that if you stay on the brown ramps when crossing roofs, you stay safe. The bad guys ( or whatever you call them) of MB never ever stray onto the brown ramps. So stay on those. Well, I hope my advice is useful. :D

--Sabrina Goldendust
lvl 38 conjurer

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
Defienly lets march over their and tell them to give us better side walks in marelybone O.o you do realise i was joking , Marelybone is mostly on a roof ya and have u ever seen side walks on a roof? lol im sure you havendt . i know im late posting but .... does it matter

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
Me posting again :D ok ima give you a tip how to not get pulled into duels. tip 1: watch where your going. tip 2 : no mounts cuz u get pulled into duels more. thats all i can think of 8)

Survivor
Oct 19, 2010
lucyprice89 wrote:
Please put better sidewalks in marleybone! It's annoying me because everytime i walk over to something, one of those rat things get me caught in battle! I end up fleeing and losing all my mana! Everytime i get caught in a battle i smash my computer, (the screen has shattered two times cause of it!) Or can you give me any tips on avoiding these battles? :(

Well, I hate that part about MB. But here are some tips you can use to avoid battles:

1. Take off your mount
2. Take off your pet
3. Wait until all monsters (rats, cats, etc.) pass before you continue walking
4. If you get into a battle even if you did all this just press ESC, quit, then log back in and move back. You'll be back on the sidewalk without even losing 1 mana. Hope this helps!

~Emily IceBlood Level 41 Death

Mastermind
May 13, 2011
why put sidewalks on a roof? try turning it to a tag game. look at the enemies as cops and you as a fugitive. take the chance and hide when necessary. thats how i get through MB

Survivor
Nov 14, 2011
I know right? It's hard to get somewhere in MB that you have to take an air balloon to. I always end up fighting them.

Nicole HexHeart
Level 33
Pyromancer

Survivor
Feb 04, 2012
I like Marleybone, but the entire "there are no sidewalks on roofs" excuse is terrible.

There were no sidewalks in Grizzleheim, and for the most part you could just hug the walls and get by fine. That's probably what they could/should have done for Marleybone. The whole sidewalk debate is a moot point.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
I disagree. Marleybone is almost exclusivley played on the roofs, and that's what makes it fun. The risk of being caught, the paitnece. It's all part of the game. Marleybone is no place to spped away from here to there. you just have to be paitent.
yours,
Scarlet

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
there are no sidewalks! im always getting sucked into battle because I don't know where the sidewalk is. Please add.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
lucyprice89 wrote:
Please put better sidewalks in marleybone! It's annoying me because everytime i walk over to something, one of those rat things get me caught in battle! I end up fleeing and losing all my mana! Everytime i get caught in a battle i smash my computer, (the screen has shattered two times cause of it!) Or can you give me any tips on avoiding these battles? :(

I agree 100% percent and to sometimes avoid battle: Click esc quit then log back in. (It sometimes fails) but sometimes works.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
What i do is run into the side of the "wall" or side. In other words i make my own "sidewalks" lol hope this helps.

PS) it is the same way in DS in some places so Good Luck!

- Mary Owl Lvl 48 : Death : in DS -