Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We need BETTER Sidewalks in Marleybone!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2011
It would be nice. Maybe just widen the steel grates from roof to roof? Personally, i don't mind getting snagged all that much but when i start to get pulled into other peoples fights, then an argument is the result, i begin to have problems -_- please do have something done. MB is already like a house of mirrors meaning every time you turn a corner you think, wasn't i just here? Now to put on the addition of annoying pulls. It gets to be a point where MB is the last world of my list of favorites =\ sorry.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
the sunbirds get on the sidewalks.i think the creatures need their movement ajusted .every time i go to a street in mb i encounter mobs galore and even when i'm on the "sidewalks" i get pulled into a battle .it's annoiying and frustrating. :(

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
i can't afford crowns expecailly crowns enough for a mount,is this reason enough for the "streets" of mb to be fixed.or are you saying that because i don't buy a mount that mb will be downright frustrating and make me wish to never play again.for crying outloud i get defeated almost everytime i try to get from point a to point b.i don't believe ki is that mean so KI fix those roofs!!!

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
Cfearw76 wrote:
i can't afford crowns expecailly crowns enough for a mount,is this reason enough for the "streets" of mb to be fixed.or are you saying that because i don't buy a mount that mb will be downright frustrating and make me wish to never play again.for crying outloud i get defeated almost everytime i try to get from point a to point b.i don't believe ki is that mean so KI fix those roofs!!!

You don't need a mount to get through Marleybone. This isn't WoW. Your mounts can't 'fly'. Having a mount will not make Marleybone any easier to maneuver. All it will do is speed you up and drag you into battles faster.

It is not difficult to get around Marleybone if you know what you're doing. Just watch the enemies and time your approach. I only got caught a couple of times in Marleybone, because I was careful about where I walked.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2008
No kidding! It takes me as much as 20 minutes to run to the other end of the street, and I do all my fights with 20-40 mana.

Survivor
Jul 01, 2010
It can be annoying to be pulled randomly in to a duel (most of what made Knight's Court so frustrating for me), but the dodging/ running makes a welcome break from dueling. Not everyone feels it's as fun as I do, but MB just wouldn't be the same with sidewalks.(And there's no need to smash your computer.)

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
I'm almost done with Marleybone, and I honestly have to say that for me, it wasn't as hard as most people say it is. I just usually stuck to the sides of the roof, and whenever a monster was in the way, I just patiently waited until the area was clear, and made a quick dash. Now, don't get me wrong, I've gotten into my fair share of battles where I was sucked in, and most of them were in Marleybone, but I always had my potions filled. Another helpful tip that I found out when I was in the beginning of Marleybone was that when you have a quest to go defeat something from far where the NPC that gave you the quest was, to mark a location so you don't have to go through the endearing task (sp?) of running back and forth to finish a quest with the risk of getting caught in an unwanted battle, especially if you're in low health and/or mana.

Marleybone is one of my favorite worlds, too. I just love the look and feel of it, and I have a soft spot for animals...

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
WhimsicalWizard wrote:
I'm almost done with Marleybone, and I honestly have to say that for me, it wasn't as hard as most people say it is. I just usually stuck to the sides of the roof, and whenever a monster was in the way, I just patiently waited until the area was clear, and made a quick dash. Now, don't get me wrong, I've gotten into my fair share of battles where I was sucked in, and most of them were in Marleybone, but I always had my potions filled. Another helpful tip that I found out when I was in the beginning of Marleybone was that when you have a quest to go defeat something from far where the NPC that gave you the quest was, to mark a location so you don't have to go through the endearing task (sp?) of running back and forth to finish a quest with the risk of getting caught in an unwanted battle, especially if you're in low health and/or mana.

Marleybone is one of my favorite worlds, too. I just love the look and feel of it, and I have a soft spot for animals...

I gotta admit now, i have gotten used to the "No sidewalks" I have been to my neighbour about my anger managment (Lol sorry if i put any spelling mistakes) shes actually calmed me down. Allot! I've been waiting as well for the Rat or Cat to pass then like you said, i make a quick dash. Also i've been using the teleporting things. They're really useful! When i posted this it was my first time in Marleybone that was pretty much why i was annoyed about the No sidewalks. Marleybone reminds me of my country :) Well it is my country, lol. I'm from the UK so everytime i go there it makes me feel at home :P

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
People, people. Marleybone was created to drive you crazy...I mean test your skills and your patience with these street enemies.
Something I learned: two enemies walking counter clockwise in a circle. One is facing your way out, another is facing a wall. You seemingly have ten seconds to run through there.
Good idea? NO. I got caught after several experiments. (Experiments done in Knight's and Chelsea Courts)
Just saying.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2011
Have you perhaps taken a look at roof tops? There are no sidewalks on a roof. You just have to stick to the sides, and look both left and right for any enemies.
Using this strategy, I honestly NEVER got caught in a battle during Marleybone when I didn't want to be. :) There is no need to install sidewalks on roof tops, it's completely unrealistic and un-necessary when most Wizards can manage just fine without them.

Take note that Krokotopia & Mooshu & Grizzleheim do not have sidewalks either. You stick to the edges of things. :D

.Alexis Crow - Level 41 Necromancer

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
Totally! MB is such a boring world because of all the battles.
Once in katzenstein's lab i was reading a book and got caught while reading!
I can't walk across MB at all with this! My frind is about ready to quit from it too.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
lucyprice89 wrote:
Please put better sidewalks in marleybone! It's annoying me because everytime i walk over to something, one of those rat things get me caught in battle! I end up fleeing and losing all my mana! Everytime i get caught in a battle i smash my computer, (the screen has shattered two times cause of it!) Or can you give me any tips on avoiding these battles? :(

A long time ago, people used to walk into the middle, and the ANIMALS used to walk on the sidewalks in MarleyBone. I don't have any idea why they changed it, but they did. Just go at the perfect timing, and be aware if they sneek up on you. :)

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Wouldn't it be kind of weird to see a sidewalk on a rooftop? I mean, you wouldn't normally see a sidewalk on a rooftop.
Just throwing it out there.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
Actually, there ARE pathways on the Marleybone rooftops - they're just narrow and kinda unmarked. I was pulled into fights left and right until I realized that you can walk right next to a (pick bad guy) on the path between ramps, and you're safe as long as nothing 'hangs over' the invisible edge of the boundary. (For instance, I could be walking along fine, but if I stop and turn toward the center, my nose or whatever must stick out over the boundary and I sometimes get pulled in still.) And I always keep the center with the teleports marked so I can port to it to start a quest, thereby reducing trip time x2 or 3. Now I rarely get pulled into fights. Good luck with it.

Survivor
May 17, 2009
I agree with the idea of making better sidewalks in marlybone. They are too dificult to navagate on.

Survivor
Sep 08, 2010
If you get stuck in a battle, try to fight the mobs! I entered MooShu at level 39 because I got sucked into battles! My total pull fight XP must have been at least 3,000 before I finally got the hang of it in Newgate Prison. Besides, if you flee, you have to go "wisping" for about 3 minutes to fill your mana, AND you have to redo the whole walk-down-the-street thing. Odds are you'll get pulled again, flee again, and end up back in Regent's Square, filling your mana bit by bit.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
lucyprice89 wrote:
Please put better sidewalks in marleybone! It's annoying me because everytime i walk over to something, one of those rat things get me caught in battle! I end up fleeing and losing all my mana! Everytime i get caught in a battle i smash my computer, (the screen has shattered two times cause of it!) Or can you give me any tips on avoiding these battles? :(

You literally smashed your computer and it broke twice? Ok..... No comment . Anyways, I do agree but rooftops don't have sidewalks if you will be reminded.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2011
Adding some mana wisps would help a great deal to this problem then there will be no need to keep running back and forth.

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
colagada wrote:
There are no sidewalks on roofs, which is where most of the Marleybone world is played.

The way to avoid the enemies is to be patient and wait until the way is clear before proceeding. Like walking across a street, you need to look both ways. Marleybone isn't a good place to go full-speed from one spot to the next.

Oh yes, but stray sunbirds? :| :?

Luke BattleSword
Level 34 Life/Storm(too many storm guys)/Fire

"without life the world would be a rock"

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
WhimsicalWizard wrote:

You have a soft spot for things that team up with Malistare! So you want me to be killed!

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
jack storm flame: we need better sidewalks in marleybone i am not joking the monsters can catch us sometimes :-) :-)

Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
I hate no sidewalks. How about maybe a narrow ramp on the rooftops?! THAT would be great!
THANKS!

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Just deal with it, all you need to do is not go wandering in the middle of the street. Stick to the side, keep track of your enemies, go on the side of bridges, and don't go up bridges if an enemy is walking up it. Second of all, I think you need to take a break, W101 is not worth breaking computers for.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
Millions of people have gotten through Marleybone without "better sidewalks"

Survivor
Apr 16, 2011
I have trouble with all that too, because my computer is like 20 years old, and marleybone is super slow on it. The screen freezes up all the time, and before I know it, I'm in a battle. But I find it helpful to go to a realm that isn't as crowded as the others. It goes pretty smoothly, and I don't get caught in many battles. I think the rooftops are like that to make it more challenging, although it is annoying.