Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We need BETTER Sidewalks in Marleybone!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
lucyprice89 wrote:
Please put better sidewalks in marleybone! It's annoying me because everytime i walk over to something, one of those rat things get me caught in battle! I end up fleeing and losing all my mana! Everytime i get caught in a battle i smash my computer, (the screen has shattered two times cause of it!) Or can you give me any tips on avoiding these battles? :(

What are you talking about? There's no sidewalks at all! :x What really makes me mad is that i ported to a freind in DS (Not in a battle) And even Dragonspyre has sidewalks!!!!!!

Alex ThunderFlame 33 Pyromancer

Survivor
Sep 01, 2010
Well I hate it break it to you, but there aren't really any sidewalks sidewalks that are entirely safe in Mooshu either.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
the solution is simple,you have yo hide behind the boxes that they have.If it is far on the other side go as far to the left or right

Defender
Feb 24, 2009
YOU know, I heard somewhere multiple times that the middle of the street in marleybone was the safest place, i"ve never tested this but I don't think it works

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
And anyway who puts sidewalks on rooftops use some logic.I never got caught in a battle when I was behind the boxes or things or you could use the police.

Hope it helps,
Benjamin Nightshield 51

p.s. please try my stuff,I'm logical

Survivor
Feb 10, 2010
I love Marleybone! :-D Feels like being in an old city in England! Love the whole structure, plot, music and characters! I'd love to be able to sit down with Sherlock Bones in his home for a spot of tea and crumpets! Actually this is one feature I would love to see added to the game! Being able to sit down on chairs to have a more comfortable chat with house guests and friends! Just a thought! ;)

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
hey my name in wizard101 is samuelrubypyre i think that you should walk in the brown part that is just like a sidewalk so and if a monster is close tto you it should be hard to get into a battle

ice not a bad school :?

Survivor
May 02, 2009
MB is just a big city!You think they could put in some sidewalks.I do avoid most of the creatures,but when I do run into one it is frustrating.Even if it is on rooftops they could create some sort of trick to help you get past them.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
Just walk along the sides of the roofs . Anyways, aren't rats not too dangerous? They only have about 500 hit points .

P.S. : Moo Shu's sidewalks are grass 8).

Survivor
Dec 16, 2010
whats so bad about rats or maybe itz just me the master of ice ICE NEVER LOSES

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
I was thinking maybe to fix the problem about being dragged into battles is that if you run into an enemy a box should pop up and ask you "Would you like to join this battle?" and click yes or no and that means anywhere.

Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
deadscare111 wrote:
I was thinking maybe to fix the problem about being dragged into battles is that if you run into an enemy a box should pop up and ask you "Would you like to join this battle?" and click yes or no and that means anywhere.
yeah i agree with that idea it would help a lot of people everywhere

Survivor
May 03, 2009

Yes, it's true. Since I am always stuck with my balance repeatedly, I think it will be impossible for them to change it because there is no sidewalks on a rooftop.

John Skythief - Level 60 Thaumaturge Wizard

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Why would there be sidewalks on a roof? I'm not sure if the Marley Bonians would want to put sidewalks on the top of their homes. MooShu is the same way, no sidewalks. They come back in DragonSpyre though. There are two possible reasons the game designers might have done this:

1. To teach us a valuable lesson on the importance of paitence and that slow and steady wins the race.

or 2. It just didn't make sense for houses to have sidewalks on the roof! I mean come on!

With paitence you can conquer MarleyBone!

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Superwiz1560 wrote:
cassiefastgirl888 wrote:
lucyprice89 wrote:
Please put better sidewalks in marleybone! It's annoying me because everytime i walk over to something, one of those rat things get me caught in battle! I end up fleeing and losing all my mana! Everytime i get caught in a battle i smash my computer, (the screen has shattered two times cause of it!) Or can you give me any tips on avoiding these battles? :(

I agree. Also, the looks of Marleybone are kinda drab. I'm wondering, after they make Wintertusk, is KingIsle planning to do a rehaul of Marleybone?

I don't think a rehaul is necessary. It's not impossible to defeat Marleybone. Dragonspyre was rehauled structurally because battles become next to impossible without help. And I don't get why people think it is depressing just because it's always night, with a steampunk feel. Marleybone is beautiful. The design is breathtaking, the NPCs are well-made, and the enemies and storyline are fabulous! Of course, that's just me.

I second that! I love Marley Bone! Maybe people don't like it because it's too much like the real world...

Survivor
Mar 31, 2011
Trick:

When caught in a battle (especially in MB) press Esc, quit, when you go to character selection wait for 20 seconds and then join back!
You should be in the same spot, and hopefully not in the battle.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
SueyBluey11 wrote:
YEAH!!! because im sick of losing my mana then having to walk back and do the whole thing over again!!!

Hey I had that problem so i would make sure i got to that place and marked it then fight then you skip the hole thing :) hope that helped some

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
rammalamma wrote:
deadscare111 wrote:
yeah i agree with that idea it would help a lot of people everywhere

But whats the fun in that nobody would ever fight i just flee and fill up the bottles if you have them it's not fun to get suckked but idea for both the monsters run in patterns and theres stuff to hide behind

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
lucyprice89 wrote:
K well i'm sending them an email now.. Tips were kinda helpful but i looked left and right and next thing i know i'm in a battle????? Seriously i feel like quitting the whole thing right now! Wizard101 is good but if this is making me smash my computer then whats the point!!

LOL!!! Smashing your computer? Sounds like you SHOULD quit Wizard101 and consider spending that money on Anger Management.
Just sayin

Delver
Aug 10, 2009
Umm.. control your timper and try to stay to the side of the street.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
this is extremely annoying in marleybone and it made me really mad! its worse when my computer lags and then i get into a battle and have to flee

Survivor
Oct 13, 2009
I'm really happy that someone finally mentioned that we need sidewalks in Marleybone. I wish that we can build sidewalks on roofs :-(. I'm just happy i'm almost out of that place. I mean like, sunken city ( witch has broken side walks) was bad enough. Why Marleybone? You get pulled into a battle every 5 seconds. At least make the brown board walk thingies like a sidewalk. Marleybone became the hardest world for me just for that reason.

Defender
Jul 17, 2010
Don't let the enemies see you that is my best advice and be patient.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2009
YES! I made it to MB and was extremly annoyed when I found out that there was no sidewalks! It's also pretty bad in Grizzlehiem, in Virgid Roughland. Ugh! Yes, It'd be weird to have sidewalks on rooftops, but maybe planks?
See you in the game!
Alyssa Pixiedust♥
Level 29 Life student ;-)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
SvetlanaVladikov wrote:
lucyprice89 wrote:
K well i'm sending them an email now.. Tips were kinda helpful but i looked left and right and next thing i know i'm in a battle????? Seriously i feel like quitting the whole thing right now! Wizard101 is good but if this is making me smash my computer then whats the point!!

LOL!!! Smashing your computer? Sounds like you SHOULD quit Wizard101 and consider spending that money on Anger Management.
Just sayin

I do take Anger Management... it just doesnt work :/ Presides i'm back on Wizard101 now and i've beat Marleybone.. I've got used to the "No Sidewalks." I mean i surely must be used to it considering i solo'd Kensington Park (I think thats what its called.)