Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

We need BETTER Sidewalks in Marleybone!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
Please put better sidewalks in marleybone! It's annoying me because everytime i walk over to something, one of those rat things get me caught in battle! I end up fleeing and losing all my mana! Everytime i get caught in a battle i smash my computer, (the screen has shattered two times cause of it!) Or can you give me any tips on avoiding these battles? :(

Adherent
May 20, 2010
There are no sidewalks on roofs, which is where most of the Marleybone world is played.

The way to avoid the enemies is to be patient and wait until the way is clear before proceeding. Like walking across a street, you need to look both ways. Marleybone isn't a good place to go full-speed from one spot to the next.

Defender
Feb 17, 2009
I second this. I always get caught in Marleybone, I miss the old way where the sidewalks were switched.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
I AGREE!!! we do need better sidewalks same thing in other places your on the side walk and monster or whatever pulls you in a battle and you don't fell like dealing with it so you flee and it cost about 1,500g to get a full mana again.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
K well i'm sending them an email now.. Tips were kinda helpful but i looked left and right and next thing i know i'm in a battle????? Seriously i feel like quitting the whole thing right now! Wizard101 is good but if this is making me smash my computer then whats the point!!

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
lucyprice89 wrote:
K well i'm sending them an email now.. Tips were kinda helpful but i looked left and right and next thing i know i'm in a battle????? Seriously i feel like quitting the whole thing right now! Wizard101 is good but if this is making me smash my computer then whats the point!!

It shouldn't make you have to smash your computer. It's not that serious (or at least it shouldn't be). I personally had little trouble walking through the rooftops of Marleybone. The trick is to stay on the edge and keep track of where your enemies are. Once you lose sight of an enemy, it's easy to get dragged into battle.

Defender
Dec 04, 2010
The trick is to look for a wide open space to walk in and follow the path of the monsters. A mount is best for this. I did 3 tests, walking to the center of Hyde Park without a mount, one with a Chestnut Pony, and one with a Swift Gryphon. It proved that the mount is the best thing, especially the 40% increase ones.

If you'd like to get through MB quicker and easier, use mounts.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
Superwiz1560 wrote:
lucyprice89 wrote:

It shouldn't make you have to smash your computer. It's not that serious (or at least it shouldn't be). I personally had little trouble walking through the rooftops of Marleybone. The trick is to stay on the edge and keep track of where your enemies are. Once you lose sight of an enemy, it's easy to get dragged into battle.

I know what you mean about smashing the computer but i do have some bad anger issues and sometimes i cant help it

Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
lucyprice89 wrote:
Please put better sidewalks in marleybone! It's annoying me because everytime i walk over to something, one of those rat things get me caught in battle! I end up fleeing and losing all my mana! Everytime i get caught in a battle i smash my computer, (the screen has shattered two times cause of it!) Or can you give me any tips on avoiding these battles? :-(

I agree. Also, the looks of Marleybone are kinda drab. I'm wondering, after they make Wintertusk, is KingIsle planning to do a rehaul of Marleybone?

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
I dont think i have to worry now, i got a few side quest to do but i'm on big ben now!! :) I should be on mooshu soon. :D

Survivor
Dec 27, 2009
YEAH!!! because im sick of losing my mana then having to walk back and do the whole thing over again!!!

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
cassiefastgirl888 wrote:
lucyprice89 wrote:
Please put better sidewalks in marleybone! It's annoying me because everytime i walk over to something, one of those rat things get me caught in battle! I end up fleeing and losing all my mana! Everytime i get caught in a battle i smash my computer, (the screen has shattered two times cause of it!) Or can you give me any tips on avoiding these battles? :(

I agree. Also, the looks of Marleybone are kinda drab. I'm wondering, after they make Wintertusk, is KingIsle planning to do a rehaul of Marleybone?

I hope so

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
cassiefastgirl888 wrote:
lucyprice89 wrote:

I don't think a rehaul is necessary. It's not impossible to defeat Marleybone. Dragonspyre was rehauled structurally because battles become next to impossible without help. And I don't get why people think it is depressing just because it's always night, with a steampunk feel. Marleybone is beautiful. The design is breathtaking, the NPCs are well-made, and the enemies and storyline are fabulous! Of course, that's just me.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2010
lucyprice89 wrote:
Superwiz1560 wrote:
lucyprice89 wrote:

I know what you mean about smashing the computer but i do have some bad anger issues and sometimes i cant help it

I've broke two laptops cause i was getting dragged into fights and sometimes i hit my laptop cause i lost a fight. good thing i have lots of money.
I'm taking anger management right now but it's not really helping me.

Survivor
Apr 07, 2010
Well, you obviously cannot put a sidewalk on the rooftops, but maybe they can expand it up making wizards a bit more far from enemies, because it is really annoying getting caught specially in dungeons.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
ROBB1005 wrote:
Well, you obviously cannot put a sidewalk on the rooftops, but maybe they can expand it up making wizards a bit more far from enemies, because it is really annoying getting caught specially in dungeons.

Kensington Park is the WORST! But for some reason i havent even done Kensington Park and i've got the "Hero of Marleybone" Badge?? I thought to get that badge you also need to do Kensington Park

Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
lucyprice89 wrote:
ROBB1005 wrote:

Kensington Park is the WORST! But for some reason i havent even done Kensington Park and i've got the "Hero of Marleybone" Badge?? I thought to get that badge you also need to do Kensington Park

Nope. Kensington is a whole different badge, known as Machine Master. The quest for Kensington is completed upon the first time you enter the dungeon. After that, you don't have to have anything to do with that heck-hole ever again.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
true I got to big ben (the last dungeon in marleybone) and until I got there from the beginning of marleybone the bad guys sucked me into battles and I fled about 150 times

Survivor
Feb 04, 2011
Superwiz1560 wrote:
lucyprice89 wrote:
ROBB1005 wrote:

Nope. Kensington is a whole different badge, known as Machine Master. The quest for Kensington is completed upon the first time you enter the dungeon. After that, you don't have to have anything to do with that heck-hole ever again.

Thank god for that lol

Survivor
Mar 20, 2009
i agree i always get caught in a battle when im just trying to get somewhere for a quest.

Explorer
Aug 14, 2009
There is no Sidewalks in Marleybone cause its on the rooftops have you ever seen sidewalks on rooftops ( not trying to be offensive ) but some tips use teleporter stones ( i did not know what they did till mooshu xD ) and try to go on the sides that the creatures are walking forwards cause you wont run in front of them.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
lucyprice89 wrote:
Agreed . But going full speed wont work like it does in kt but you are right, even more when you use a laptop and it harder to move like you do on a computer

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Marleybone doesn't need better sidewalks. It needs to have sidewalks. Mooshu basically has sidewalks, and Dragonspyre DOES have sidewalks. So, add them in Marleybone.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
man every i think agrees i mean like once i was traveling with afriend and she got sucked into battle three or four times and that practically killed all our time and by the time we made it to the place we were headed we had to log off :x i mean the sidewalks are so thin i was checking my spellbook and then a ruffian dragged me into battle and i was on sidewalk

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
lucyprice89 wrote:

When theres a gap run through the middle you most likely wont get pulled into battles (but mos likely you eventully will)

P.S if you plan on doing kensington park it took we three and a half hours

Hunter deathcaster Legendary Necromancer

Wolf Drakethief level 14 initate diviner