Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 18, 2011
Make pets turn into mounts at mega pls with their speed depend on it's rarity or stats.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2017
There is so much we can do with pets Here are a few ideals I have

Speed boost stat by 10%
Cast minion spell would be a PVP grabber
We could really have more mini games for pet experience
Maybe members can always gain double experience, I don't know :D Really like it!
Increase drop rate stat
pet garden boost!
I think it's time to for a pet and castle activity! Make them involved somehow!

Survivor
Jul 10, 2016
TayD on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
Oh well I would love for my pet to be used as minion if only for one round (or at least all pets have a card). I would also love for the pets to be more active when standing around and have actions they perform or interact with people/pets standing nearby.

On the design side, it would be nice to "dress pets" or at least be able to change their color for all pets. The magician rat wears a suit, it would be a nice feature to select other clothes items worn.

Just some thoughts.

Explorer
Jul 21, 2013
Pet equipment! It would be amazing if there was a game that you can go dress up your pet depending on the pet different unique equipment! Please if this is added do not make it for crowns!

Explorer
Jul 21, 2013
Pet polymorph! If your pet could polymorph itself into a minion (different looking change back in _____ rounds) that would be epic! This spell will take your pet to the middle change look mutate into bigger stronger version and put it by your side again and every round it would show its name like as a minion but you would command your pet to do spell or pass. I'd love that! And could you guys make a place were all the ideas Will be put in a book and you could see all the ideas added to the game and who brought up the idea?
Happy wizarding!

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I would like to see Ultra pet snacks like for 100. That can only be used once the pet is at Mega. Those 2000 points after Mega really are a pain. Put them in an ultra pet snack, with a chance to get a drop of a ultra plant that drops ultra snacks.
Maybe another socket for the pet, that can only be used for stats.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
I like the current use of pets in the game. I don't really have any criticism. Good job, KI!

Survivor
May 27, 2010
It took me ages to get a pet Phoenix to learn 3 spells. While he's quite active and treats me well (giving me some accuracy to boot), I've wanted a May Cast talent devoted to somehow saving my poor DoTs from triage.

After the may cast triage thing and cheating bosses throwing around my Damage Over Times, plus Myth, Life, and Ice all being able to just make them less, if not completely ineffective, I just want something to balance the scale. It's not really that dire, but I am a at heart and enjoy a good damage over time effect.

I'd also like a May Cast talent that does a reverse detonate, taking a Heal Over Time and making it do all its healing instantly. That would be a life saver when all my pet feels like doing at the moment is spamming sprite, however much I appreciate its small gestures of good will.

Oran Dragonweaver

Survivor
May 27, 2010
I just sent a reply and realized another thing which I might be too late to.

Little pet battles inside your house!

Ages ago, I made two castles for my pets and used bread crumbs to get them to form ranks and do battle! It was cool, but I'd like to see mini pet battles where you can two of your pets spells and have them do a tiny duel. Maybe just give them one spell and be able to script it to happen in a turn order!

Having a little pet battle going on inside a small gingerbread village would be great. Imagine!
Turn order from first to last:
Phoenix casts immolate on Ice Beetle!
Ice Beetle casts Frostbite on Phoenix!
or
Treant casts Guardian Spirit on a target!
Ghost casts Sacrifice on a target!

I feel like this could be a cool feature to see in housing. Perhaps it would work simply by clicking the pet, choosing a spell particle effect, and then choosing the target (whether another pet or itself). Then every so often, may 5-30 seconds, the pet casts that effect! I'd be okay with simple particle effects for each school and then just have them cast them. Maybe just the end tier wand effects for each school, like from Ultra Inferno for fire pets to use. Then maybe also put in the healing touch particle effect so we could pretend to have little pet medics for these mini battles!

Anyhow, just an idea I thought would be cool to see for some lively house action!

Oran Dragonweaver

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
I have an idea for this. What I think would be cool is to have a "Pet Tricks" tab on your screen. Your pet could do different tricks around your player. As a pet gets older and more experienced, the more tricks it can learn. Different pets would have the ability to do different things. For example, a piggle pet could fly around you as one of their tricks and a cyclops pet could jump high. Maybe different pets could do a mini attack. Not in battle but just in the commons or something so it would look cool. A snow serpent could do its normal attack for example. A pet like a wartle or a jellyfish who don't have any spells could have its own unique attack to do. It would be cool to have pets be able to do tricks. That would be amazing if this could be in the game!

(Make shadow pets! Shadow Trickster, Shadow Shrike Shadow Sentinel, etc.)

Gavin Nightwhisper lvl 125

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Prof. Greyrose,

Would it be possible for our minions to be leveled up? I have a Life Wizard that has a Fairy or Pixie Minion that has only 350 health. She has been with him through at least Avalon, maybe Azteca, and I am kinda surprised with all the newness; that this isn't one of them.

If W101 has done anything regarding pets and minions with the past few years (I have been gone since 29 Dec 2014), please inform me of what has been done, besides socketing and monstorology.

Timothy Pearlflower L103 Ice

Also, the link Four Dungeons has been removed from its own topic. I just started about four days ago, and have completed three of them, and was looking for information on the bosses of Darkmoor Castle.

Defender
Nov 08, 2009
I would like a gauge to feed my pet fish and show if it is full. For this my pet will be more active in the may cast spells.
Or give me one or two more percentage in the talents. Show it is happy.
When my pet gauge is low, he will not participate as much. Show it is sad.

Also be able to change outfits and colors on more pets.

be nice also to stitch pets looks and talents

get an extra power pip for having an Ultra pet a lot of wizards will be bringing those pets to ultra for sure.
another 2000 training points for an extra shadow pip

Bring it on, I am ready

Survivor
Dec 17, 2013
I would really love to see mounts that pets could ride with you- for example, you could buy a sidecar for the Road Warrior's Chopper that your pet could ride in.

Courtney DreamWhisper

Survivor
Feb 14, 2016
Maybe we could have a new pet game to train power. None of the current games even touch the power stat (at least I don't think they do), and when i'm trying to max out my pet it gets kind of hard to get that power stat finished.
Victoria Rose Blossom, Level 88

Explorer
Mar 08, 2015
I would like to have a pet view in combat, in other words, customize your pet spell deck and be able to play as them, or they can have a mind of their own! Now of course pets won't have every spell, but they could have a few.

Survivor
Dec 27, 2017
I wish if we can craft snakes to our pet's :D

Survivor
Jan 08, 2012
I think pet emotes would be cool, like you can have your pet emote or do a dance

Survivor
May 27, 2010
Oran D Weaver on Dec 8, 2017 wrote:
I just sent a reply and realized another thing which I might be too late to.

Little pet battles inside your house!

Ages ago, I made two castles for my pets and used bread crumbs to get them to form ranks and do battle! It was cool, but I'd like to see mini pet battles where you can two of your pets spells and have them do a tiny duel. Maybe just give them one spell and be able to script it to happen in a turn order!

Having a little pet battle going on inside a small gingerbread village would be great. Imagine!
Turn order from first to last:
Phoenix casts immolate on Ice Beetle!
Ice Beetle casts Frostbite on Phoenix!
or
Treant casts Guardian Spirit on a target!
Ghost casts Sacrifice on a target!

I feel like this could be a cool feature to see in housing. Perhaps it would work simply by clicking the pet, choosing a spell particle effect, and then choosing the target (whether another pet or itself). Then every so often, may 5-30 seconds, the pet casts that effect! I'd be okay with simple particle effects for each school and then just have them cast them. Maybe just the end tier wand effects for each school, like from Ultra Inferno for fire pets to use. Then maybe also put in the healing touch particle effect so we could pretend to have little pet medics for these mini battles!

Anyhow, just an idea I thought would be cool to see for some lively house action!

Oran Dragonweaver
I love this idea! Pet battles would be awesome!

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
Defender
Jul 26, 2013
I would like pets to grow as they are trained into adult pets. That way a little leopard pet would turn into an adult one and look really cool.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
alia550 on Feb 26, 2018 wrote:
I would like pets to grow as they are trained into adult pets. That way a little leopard pet would turn into an adult one and look really cool.
In pirate101 that happens and I actually really like how it happens. You can actually see the pet in that game.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
do a better pet derby.

Survivor
Sep 02, 2012
Update Shops. Its too hard to get a PvP Tier Pet without Crowns.!

Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
I like my pets but unfortunately I do not have the time to train it. what I was wondering is if the person or persons do not have time to train or are not able to train, that the training be accomplished by say paying crowns. this is what I propose you have a list of all the different talents your particular pet has and then you simply pick from the talents.
Say the first talent is 1k crowns, second is 2K etc., understandably each pet has different talents, so you will still have to hatch to try and get the talents you want but then training it well for someone like me that has little time to would be very appreciative of this. just a thought

Survivor
Nov 03, 2012
Revamp the sizes of the pets, some are way to big or way to small