Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 19, 2011
I've said it once before and I'll say it again:

Give us some pets that turn into mounts after a certain amount of training. (Like at Adult or Ancient they turn into a mount as well as a pet. If this would require too much technical changing of the way the game and equipment works, it could just drop a mount when it levels up or something, and maybe add a restriction onto it such as "pet XX must be equipped" similar to current restrictions of level and school.)

Survivor
Jun 30, 2014
My pet(Ice Cyclops) does really nothing, even when it becomes ancestor, and I would like it if pets could learn powers and stuff at a teen stage.

Survivor
Oct 30, 2012
Jeffrey Jr on Jan 27, 2017 wrote:
I've said it once before and I'll say it again:

Give us some pets that turn into mounts after a certain amount of training. (Like at Adult or Ancient they turn into a mount as well as a pet. If this would require too much technical changing of the way the game and equipment works, it could just drop a mount when it levels up or something, and maybe add a restriction onto it such as "pet XX must be equipped" similar to current restrictions of level and school.)
Maybe the pets could instead act as minions? and if the stats they own is like fairy, it will do a maycast fairy every other round on you

instead of giving the pet a completely different skin, just make the pet bigger

Survivor
Jun 23, 2016
there should be a double pet exp elixir or something. pet training takes so long especially when your pet fails -.-

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I think your pets should be able to battle other pets like pvp but with pets only

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
Give people a reason to want to participate in Pet Derby! Title is not enough, that is clear from hour long waiting times. I have friends who say they love it but they simply can not find games anymore. Maybe up arena tickets slightly and offer tournaments like you do for PVP? Have a pack based on Derby? Anything would help.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2013
Wild Shark Bite on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:
Give people a reason to want to participate in Pet Derby! Title is not enough, that is clear from hour long waiting times. I have friends who say they love it but they simply can not find games anymore. Maybe up arena tickets slightly and offer tournaments like you do for PVP? Have a pack based on Derby? Anything would help.
Could thier be a bernese mountain dog?

Delver
May 12, 2012
Wild Shark Bite on Feb 14, 2017 wrote:
Definitely! A few years back, pet derby was a passionate hobby for me, but now I can never find a match! I once waited 6 hours and still had no match. I try to encourage my friends to play, but they aren't interested. Solution? Make it interesting! Tournaments would be amazing!

- Allison D

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
Bernese mountain b... on Feb 16, 2017 wrote:
Could thier be a bernese mountain dog?
That would be pretty cool! I personally have 5 greyhounds, I still can't believe they are not available as pets in the game, considering they have a Derby option haha. I Think it would be cool to have a Derby pack that included a special pet with great potential race talents, and maybe mega snacks.

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
Mythali126 on Feb 16, 2017 wrote:
Definitely! A few years back, pet derby was a passionate hobby for me, but now I can never find a match! I once waited 6 hours and still had no match. I try to encourage my friends to play, but they aren't interested. Solution? Make it interesting! Tournaments would be amazing!

- Allison D
Exactly, Allison! I am pretty torn right now, I have been working non-stop hatching for Derby perfection, I even made an Evil Magma Pea investment specifically for that. I am thinking it may be best to hatch for battle functions soon ,for the sheer fact that I waiting over an hour in every age group I have a Derby pet for.

Tournaments would get many people involved imo, and considering they already have it available for PVP it should not be very difficult to implement it!

Survivor
Mar 16, 2012
I'd really love to see pets grow like they do in pirate! It's so fun seeing a pet go from this itty bitty thing, to this big strong pet! Due to their lack of growth and the nature of how they're 'born' it almost makes pets in wizard seem artificial vs pirates more natural seeming pets.
I also like the mount idea I've seen people post. I know technically that would likely be very tricky, and naturally only certain pets could become mounts, (unless the bipedal mounts just carried you under their arm like the gobbler mount does,) but I think it would be a really cool idea. Maybe add another growth level past the current one and make it so you can only either have it equipped as a pet or equipped as a mount. Maybe in mount form, the pet provides a certain bonus, like some current mounts do, based on what talents it has as a pet. I know people have been asking for trainable mounts, and this seems like a good solution to both ideas.
Having Aquila's pet Arena would be really nice; though, I could understand if it was to be kept to pirate so pirate had a thing of it's own.
The minion idea for a pet is nice, though I'd rather think you wouldn't call your pet a minion. (unless, yeah.) I could see that being tricky due to needing to add a hp value to the pet. Though, I suppose there's two workable ways around that. Either make the pet's health half of the wizard's health, or have a set value based on age. Like, a baby pet might only have 100-250 hp vs a mega pet which might have 3k-5k hp depending on the pet's school and such.
Finally, one last thing I'd like to see personally is some kind of method to 'stitch' one pet to another or the appearance of one pet to another. In pirate literally any pet can be good, but in wizard only certain pets have the card(s) your looking for and aren't always the type of creature you want. If you could 'stitch' one pet to another or their appearance you could have your card(s) and the pet you want. I wouldn't be against pet fusion either.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2016
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
I'm an adult player and I think it would be neat if a pet reaches its maximum age you could be given an option to change it into a mount and have it lose its pet status and lose its pet abilities and gain mount abilities. Like make it difficult to reach mount status? Such as you have to use crowns or a lot of gold to change it into a mount. I'm pretty sure a lot of other people have thought of this idea, I'm just throwing it out there again because it would be extremely cool. Like it doesn't have to be an option for all pets at first, only common ones such as dragons, firecats, etc, and then during events and such release the option for more pets to be changed into mounts.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
Perhaps this should only apply to flying pets like dragons and owls (And definitely Quetzals, especially since this is their primary purpose in the lore), but I think it would be really cool if you could use a flying pet of any age to send a private message to your friend while they're offline. Your pet would appear somewhere in their castle (Or dorm room, if they don't have one), usually by the spiral door, and they could right click it to get the message. And, of course, you'd still have your pet. This way, you don't have to go to the Shopping District and buy another dragon every time you want to send mail to your friend who hasn't been online in a week.

I also think it would be awesome if I could play with my pet. Not in the sense of a traditional pet game where they gain experience, but rather just go home and play fetch with him. In fact, this could even contribute to a new stat called "Pet Bond", which could affect the likelihood of your pet casting a spell to help you in battle.

PLEASE implement this into the game, I'm really proud of having come up with it.

Survivor
Jan 30, 2017
Hello.

Maybe when pet gets ultra you can re-roll one of your chosen ability?

First reroll - 2000 points (you can keep all your abilities)

Second reroll - 3000 points (you can keep all your abilities)

Third reroll - 4000 points (you can keep all your abilities)

4-th - 6000 points - 6-th ability

5-th - 8000 points - second jewel

Half year to finish one pet :)

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
Theres a lot of cool ideas- especially playing fetch to increase likely hood of casting a spell, even if it's just 10% more.
When it comes to pets, I'd like to be able to dye them more colors and choose from more names. It would also be nice if we could have special quests where your pet can learn new spells it can randomly cast without leveling up. Of course to do this the pet must be least a teen.

Survivor
Feb 06, 2010
I'd love to see a pet talent that adds a starting pip/power pip. Don't make it easy on us or anything maybe as a gem to test with. (like the wisp bonus gem) Like have it drop form Old Cob, when the story calls for his fall.

I'm thinking that IF it's added make it equip-able at Zoofaria* level for basic pip and Polaris level for Power pip as well Ancient pet level for Basic pip and Epic pet level for Power pip.

* may have misspelled, sorry

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
I have a few ideas I would love to see. For starters I would want more pets to have the option to be more class related like there masters. I have two spirit of the forest pets and would love to have them (as I am a necromancer) a death pet not balance. Another suggestion would be able to interact with your pets, pet them, play with them, even give them specialized cheats for there class. Lastly, and I am sure this has been stressed enough in posts years ago, Lowering the energy time from 10 minutes for nonmembers and 7;30 for members to be more like 5 minutes for nonmembers and 2:30 for members to give us more opportunity to raise our pets quicker. I pay crowns for areas instead of paying for memberships and really want to be able to raise my pets more while I wait for my next paycheck to buy more crowns and advance on my journey more!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Blaze111314 wrote:
I would love it if every one could train there pets until it is realy big and then ride your pet.
That would be perfect

Survivor
Apr 12, 2010
I would love to be able to play with your pet because really all you do is with pets is you place them in your house and they come up to you and dance or they follow you around everywhere. I dont know, just an idea.

Boris WildHammer lvl 107

Survivor
Jan 06, 2013
I would like to have pets that you can ride, have triple resist, but I feel like the life pets with GrizzleHeim are just bad when you are not level 118. AND I want to quest in Mirage on the weekends so its harder to level up.

Abigail SkyGem lvl 117
Blaze IceGem (Yes, I have boy and girl wiz) lvl 10 pvp knight
Brianna FairyGlen in Celestia lvl 52
Jennifer ShadowHunter lvl 12 mostly Monstrology wiz

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
I think it would be cool if some pets could, like, evolve into mounts, Like, if I had a unicorn pet, and maxed it out, I could choose to make it a mount or keep it a pet. I just think that would be cool.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
I think it would be cute if they had emotions, like sad faces during bad times, and happy faces during good times.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
Something kind of like Pirate101. Like, how they can join the battle with you and fight alongside you, heal you, buff you, minion, ect. It would be neat if different school pets did different things, like a life pet healed, a myth minioned, balance buffed, ect.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
I would love to see Sun, Moon, and Star added to pets! In grub guardian, you have to buy them, which is no fun to me! I think we should add these. Just suggesting.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
Sell pets In the bazar! I have way too many and too little money! I need more gold and less pets. XD