Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 08, 2018
You should be able to have them visible while you are on a mount, like riding on a mini mount or floating.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2015
Gives rewards for training other than talents like plants, temporary mounts, maybe even treasure or perhaps permanent cards.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Pets interact with furniture and other objects.

Pet fashions and gear.

Pet hotel to put our pets in so our land isn't as cluttered. Or for pets who do not suit the land theme. It could be dollhouse size, like the fishing spot, and then click X, and go inside of the pet hotel. We could put the pet hotel on our land.

Dyeable pets. More dyeable pets.

Pet food dishes and toys, but make feeding/watering pets optional or for fun. I don't want a Tamagotchi pet.

Defender
Jul 26, 2013
i would like it to be easier to get your pet to meg and ultra-mega faster. After you train your pet to ancient, it seems like your pet stops growing even with mega snacks. They take three times as long to get them to mega and ultra than it did to ancient. If maybe we could have some mega snacks that are ten to move it along faster that would be great.

Survivor
May 22, 2009
I think there should be a crown option in the crowns shop for leveling up your pets. I, personally, hate spending countless hours in the pet pavilion trying to level up pet after pet. I really think there needs to be a better option for doing this faster. I know there are mega snacks, but even using those it still takes forever, and they're way too expensive. I've talked about this with some friends of mine and they said that if there was an option to spend some crowns to level up your pet instantly, that they would definitely do it. I know way too many people that completely ignore leveling up their pets because it takes way too long. Please take this into consideration, thank you.

Survivor
Sep 14, 2008
It would be really cool to have you get more experience from either playing games, ro eating rare snacks. Getting to Ancient, and Beyond is really hard and takes such a long time. I don't mind the grind but between how much energy it takes to play and how long you have to wait, I think some things should level out better.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2016
In My Opinion It Would Be Really Cool If They Sat On Your Shoulder Or Something When your On Your Mount. And That The Grind Between Adult - Ancient Ancient - Epic Etc. Takes Up Too Many Hours For Me And An Example To Fix That Could Maybe Be A Crowns Option? But It Probably Would Have To Be Expensive To Make Up For The Grinding That You Would Miss. Plus I Think That When Pets 'Level Up' They Should Grow In Size! Also I Believe That Mega Snacks Cost Way Too Much! But What I Think We Need The Most Is Pet Fashion This Would Make Me And The Wizard101 Community So Happy! Imagine You Could Take The Viking Helmet Off The Polar Bear Cub And Put It On Proper Penguin In Replace Of Its Top-Hat!

Thanks For Give Others And I To Express Their Feelings About One Of The Best Things In W101,

Pets!

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
I like how in Pirate101 your pet can actually join the duel with you can provide help. Wiz kind of already has something like that, where pets provide spells and it goes in your own deck. But what if the wizard and pet have separate decks? Of course, you wouldn't be able to edit the pet's deck. But like, what if they could cast a blade on you during the same round as the wizard(s), like they'd be separate casts during the same round.

Of course when a pet has a maycast it doesn't inform the wizards (i'm referring to the feature where once you decided on a spell and other players can see which).

The pet's deck could be under the wizard's. like a miniature version or something..?

Survivor
Jan 12, 2015
It would be awesome if you could maybe trade pets with other people! I would love this idea because if someone got a storm pet and you got a death pet and you both were those schools you could trade them!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2012
PET TOURNAMENTS. There should be tournaments where you do pet games vs other players. The higher level your pet is the more tricks it can use to mess up other players. Like if you're doing a dancing game and you have a pet that can half the time they have. The winner would get pet snacks that can help you level your pet up. Rank 7+ snacks for first 6+ for second and so on. This would be an amazing way to replace pet racing. I joined a pet race twice and raced my self I: so there should be a fun way to get tickets for people who are bad at pvp like me. I know this might not even be seen but I think pet racing can easily be replaced.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2015
Mounts you can ride with your pets!!

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
I don't know about you guys but when I play a game about wizardry I much prefer calling my "pet" a familiar, thoughts on this anyone?

Survivor
Oct 17, 2016
I agree with a more active role in battle. It would be awesome if they could tricks like sit or lay down. Plus when I train my pets. I think it would be neat if we had like newer games to play. Like matching cards or something like tha.t Just an idea :)

Explorer
Jul 20, 2018
I would love to see pets use their abilities more; also, if pets could level up based on the things they did in battle (use a pet's card, it gets XP; a pet's ability activates, it gets XP; etc.) this would help speed up leveling a tiny bit.

Survivor
Sep 03, 2018
Pet levels

By that I don't mean like, growth stages. I mean like level 1, 2, 3, etc., earned by them being by your side in battle. You could make a set point in the levels where an ability is unlocked, or each level increases stats (agility, strength, etc)

Also, pet battles. Give pets a basic 4 abilities/attacks and a HP bar and bam. First one to beat the other to zero health wins.

You can use this also to level up the pets, or you could do wagers of treasure cards, snacks, or reagents. You could also go the ticket route with this, where each win gets you tickets to spend in the pavilion.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2018
I have an idea , I Feel like when training a pet should have a relationship bar where the better relationship the more he will may cast spells or he will give you a random boost to a stat only by abit however always useful for example like 1% more damage etc. Not a jewel or a talent but a reward for treating the pet well and having a good relationship.

Kane - Level 79

Survivor
May 12, 2010
I'd really love it if we were able to interact with them in a sense. Maybe as an emote like *pet pet* and the pet does a small happy animation? Allow them to wander around you or let them fall asleep if you're standing in one place too long. Maybe give them their own audio?

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I'm sure someone probably already said this (great minds and all that) but I would like it if our baby pets gain exp through our quests or battles. Playing mini games are okay but it gets tedious after a while, like fishing, and playing the same games over and over gets to be too much. I've taken a sabbatical from Wizard101 and coming back to it from so long makes the actual over all game play fresh enough for me but as for the other stuff...nah! So pets, at least aging to adults through our battles, seems the way to go!!

Survivor
Apr 20, 2011
I think it would be interesting once pet has been trained to ultra to have selective special gear options for our pets that match or that are in line with the players level and stats. Collars with the option of jewels are a great idea go step farther with body armors that can be changed and have stat talents that can be applied to pets so they may interact in different ways during battles.
It would also be nice if we could give them an actual treat from snacks at ultra without having to run them through a mini game.

Survivor
Nov 01, 2015
In this Role Playing Game, I just can’t bear to sell my unused Pets. Yes, I have everyone of my pets I ever received and I house them mostly on my Avalon Castle Plots. So, I would like “No” limits on how many pets I can place in my Castle. Also, an Elixir to increase my pet storage would be nice.
P.S. It is rumored if you sell your pet to Elik Silverfist that he eats them.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Chowder297 on Dec 19, 2018 wrote:
In this Role Playing Game, I just can’t bear to sell my unused Pets. Yes, I have everyone of my pets I ever received and I house them mostly on my Avalon Castle Plots. So, I would like “No” limits on how many pets I can place in my Castle. Also, an Elixir to increase my pet storage would be nice.
P.S. It is rumored if you sell your pet to Elik Silverfist that he eats them.
Where did you get the Elik idea?!? He doesn't even buy them. Too much ruckus and there are things in there that could do without Sunbird droppings.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2013
I want to make it so if pets have spells they can battle in like a PetVsPet battle. Anyone?

Survivor
Jun 21, 2009
SparkleTude on Apr 24, 2018 wrote:
Pets interact with furniture and other objects.

Pet fashions and gear.

Pet hotel to put our pets in so our land isn't as cluttered. Or for pets who do not suit the land theme. It could be dollhouse size, like the fishing spot, and then click X, and go inside of the pet hotel. We could put the pet hotel on our land.

Dyeable pets. More dyeable pets.

Pet food dishes and toys, but make feeding/watering pets optional or for fun. I don't want a Tamagotchi pet.
I second all of these!!
Imagine all the cute costumes...
If there was a halo hat, you bet I'll be the first one to buy it.

- Diana Jade Level 33

Survivor
May 21, 2011
AlexBal112 on Oct 8, 2018 wrote:
I have an idea , I Feel like when training a pet should have a relationship bar where the better relationship the more he will may cast spells or he will give you a random boost to a stat only by abit however always useful for example like 1% more damage etc. Not a jewel or a talent but a reward for treating the pet well and having a good relationship.

Kane - Level 79
I love this idea! Great Suggestion!

- Noah SilverBlood

Survivor
Mar 13, 2011
We should make certain pets a bit stronger and make it so that pet drops are more geared towards your school for optimal experience as a barely have any balance pets

Andrew Hawk Lvl 84
Knight of the Silver Rose