Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 01, 2014
I like running around with my emerald cyclops I got from my prepaid card. It looks cool. He only has uncommon, rare, and ultra-rare derby and talents; and has 56 pedigree.

Survivor
Aug 30, 2013
i think your pet should have powerful spells because when you get passed 10 spells it gets boring

death wizard,Richard dark

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
To be honest, I think you should be able to choose or make their cast spell dance thingy. Thanks!

Luke NightTalon lvl 58

Explorer
Apr 01, 2012
Oh yeah, and I also thing you should be able to level your pets up lvl 1 2 3 wise, not baby teen adult wise, don't delete the baby ten adult way though! maybe armor for your pets?

Survivor
May 05, 2009
astro1244 wrote:
I would like pets to be a little bigger than they currently are. Also if pets could help in a battle kind of like minions. That would be great for me because im in the storm school and al my minion does is give itself sheild and taunts people wich really doesn't help.
First: Horrible grammer O.O
second: Pets do help you in battle, once you train them, and they can may cast sprite or unicorn, etc etc. They heal you in battle, which is helping you :D

Survivor
Apr 17, 2013
i think we should have pets gain xp when we fight of be able to get gear that will increase the chances of the pet casting a heal spell

Explorer
Jan 08, 2011
Maybe you could play with them to make them happy, which in turn increases the chance of them triggering Pet Talents like Spritely? Of course, this doesn't apply to PvP. And maybe pet accessories? I'd love to see my Chimera in some stylin' armor

Survivor
Jul 09, 2011
It would be cool if one of the rewards when your pets levels up could be like an ultra rare or epic, Battle Buddy and your pet could literally be like a minion that goes into another spot in the battle and uses its own spells!

Sean Rainbowhunter

Survivor
Nov 26, 2011
I would like if you could have to pets equipped. Like if you wanted one maybe for the stats and one for the May cast or some other things, it would be help full to have to in a battle like for bosses you could have the option for two pet. And maybe you could add dressing your pet. Like some other people are saying i hope you might maybe bring some of these ideas into the game if you do I will be very happy! And maybe even allot more pet snack as well and maybe also a snack pack for gold but it cost around 30,000 gold to buy so low level people have to earn the gold maybe to buy snack packs so mega could be 30k and maybe 15k for a normal snack pack i hope you read this if you do accept any more of these ideas I will be even more happy since I'm not very creative as my friends when it comes to think or making thinks but thanks for making these two a awesome games p101 and w101 I would like to speak for my friends and say thank you.
~ James sprite gem level 88 pyromancer

Survivor
Oct 28, 2009
Please give me a response on this but since my father was a military k9 trainer, on veterans day we could get a German shepherd pet and army gear. It would be so coll to see a real soldier standing by your side in combat.

Ian

Explorer
Oct 20, 2011
I would like to see my pet turn into an mount when it reaches the adult stage!

Survivor
Jul 31, 2012
I think it would be better to give better talents like balance blade and fairy more often. I have 2 Ancients, 3 Adults, 3 teens, and none of them can do sprite, fairy or unicorn.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
1) Pets should be level-wise like wizards, and their maximum level can be 50.

2) Pets should get more powerful spells when they get older.

3) As other people said, maybe pets can act like minions? That would be cool!

4) Imagine if there was a place in Wizard101 where owners and pets would walk around and teach them tricks and feed them for free er something that gives them experience :P

5) When breeding pets, it should be an uncommon chance to get a rare pet. Its so hard to get a rare pet that the chance of getting one is almost impossible! (BTW: I've always wanted the Frostcaller pet!)

6) Why can't our pet have contests too, just like us wizards? Like a contest called "Show off your pet" or "Strongest pet". If you are on the top three winners, you can get a rare pet!

7) Someone said something about pet decks! That would be awesome! And to give your pet abilities from a Wizard's armor! :D

Cori Shadowdust

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Riding your pet is a fantastic idea!!! But mine is a sword and shield. (ouch!) And also what if your pet is a little sprite???

Also, training pets to be minions is a terrible idea since I'm at that point where minions die in one round,(Khrysalis is insane!!!) then my pet would be dead; so I'd rather keep it safely by my side.

And two pets in boss battles? I smell universal resist.

Leveling up pets like 1, 2, 3, etc., is slow, and I think I would never make it past level 5.

Armor for pets would look pretty kewl, but I see no point to it unless it can be harmed in battle.

Mail? pets delivering mail? since when do we give and receive mail? but that would be awesome, like if a friend wanted to give you a message but you're offline ...

Here and there I do feel like we all should choose our own pets talents. I have gone through plenty of enchanted armaments getting self talents like relentless. Even though I see cons of choosing our pet's talents, it would at least help us all save time and frustration. I read a while back in the messages that someone got a fire elf card with their epic leopard. (I feel your frustration, but we've all been there)

Since I know that choosing talents will never exist, I decided to hatch, and kept careful track of it's talents from it's parents. After a while of hatching, my hard work was finally paid off. My pet had 14% universal resist total with defy and proof, may cast sprite and fairy, and a nice little mana boost that I still don't know where it came from.

I hope this reply made you feel like you were me.

Matthew SkullSword: 95

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
I love pets and personally I think that they should not only become a teen, adult, ancient, etc, but they should grow too. When I first made my account, i saved up money and bought a pet unicorn thinking it would be really awesome, which it was (to a level 5 life wizard). One of the things that disappointed me though was that it stayed tiny. I had always hoped it would grow into a mount. It never did though :(
My point of this, is that pets should grow larger and into mounts. This would make the game even better than it always is and make more people want to play. Not every pet should become a mount only a select few. Post your ideas for which pets should become mounts if they could.
- Grace DreamRider 77
Pet Warlord

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
dumbug23 on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
Riding your pet is a fantastic idea!!! But mine is a sword and shield. (ouch!) And also what if your pet is a little sprite???

Also, training pets to be minions is a terrible idea since I'm at that point where minions die in one round,(Khrysalis is insane!!!) then my pet would be dead; so I'd rather keep it safely by my side.

And two pets in boss battles? I smell universal resist.

Leveling up pets like 1, 2, 3, etc., is slow, and I think I would never make it past level 5.

Armor for pets would look pretty kewl, but I see no point to it unless it can be harmed in battle.

Mail? pets delivering mail? since when do we give and receive mail? but that would be awesome, like if a friend wanted to give you a message but you're offline ...

Here and there I do feel like we all should choose our own pets talents. I have gone through plenty of enchanted armaments getting self talents like relentless. Even though I see cons of choosing our pet's talents, it would at least help us all save time and frustration. I read a while back in the messages that someone got a fire elf card with their epic leopard. (I feel your frustration, but we've all been there)

Since I know that choosing talents will never exist, I decided to hatch, and kept careful track of it's talents from it's parents. After a while of hatching, my hard work was finally paid off. My pet had 14% universal resist total with defy and proof, may cast sprite and fairy, and a nice little mana boost that I still don't know where it came from.

I hope this reply made you feel like you were me.

Matthew SkullSword: 95
For the minion thing, since we "own" the minions, when they're dead, we can heal them!

For pet levels, the pet shop owners around the spiral can give pet quests! They have pet experience, of course!

I totally agree with you for riding your pet! Like what would happen if you had to ride a piggle??

Cori Shadowdust

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Cori, minions don't stand there like us when defeated, they are gone forever. I certainly won't like that with my pet. (who would)

If they do stand there when defeated, I just won't like to go through the trouble to heal them again.

Quests for pet xp is legit I agree.

Survivor
Apr 23, 2012
A good thing to add to the pets would be when you rank them up from baby to mega, they would begin to transform, like grow older and bigger.

Defender
Oct 27, 2013
Blaze111314 wrote:
I would love it if every one could train there pets until it is realy big and then ride your pet.
you can't make pets bigger but you can make it faster

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
it would be cool if pets were bigger or if they could be in pvp(pet vs pet) or just be a 5 turn minion

Survivor
Mar 19, 2012
I really like the idea of pets turning into mounts, but only certain pets should be able to. Riding a lump of coal would be pretty awkward. Also, I think pet minions should be a pet talent. Like, when they learn it, they insert a "Summon Pet" card into your spell deck. Then, when you use it, they become a minion. That would be cool. Also, I would like to be able to name my pet what I want. Like, typing in their name. That way I wouldn't have 2 or 3 pets with the same name. But they should filter out bad words and such, of course. I also think they should have new school pets. Like, for storm, a Storm Lord pet. Ice, Snow Angel. Fire, Sun Serpent. Life, Centaur. Death, Dr. Von's Monster. Myth, Medusa. Balance, Sabertooth, etc. And they should add new hybrids of them too (DUH)

Survivor
Dec 26, 2013
I would like them to get xp from battle and level up faster and the mega snacks were less money
chris ravengem

Survivor
Dec 26, 2013
they should be able to turn into mounts at mega

Survivor
May 28, 2011
10) Since so many updates has been done and all the changes that's happening lately in Wizards City.It's really great and I thank all the Wizards Staffs for putting so much effort and time to make this game more excitement as it is right now but there's few some recall regarding the pets issues.I believe that Kingsisle staffs,they're on top with this hot issue but give them sometimes to review the whole picture.
2) Now, what i want to our pets is to able to cast a satyr to mega since some other pets able to cast current healing.
3) There's no reasons our pets cannot train satyr to receive at mega that would be the best update to everybody's pets since the critical its getting over rated, we need something to back us up like out pets.

Survivor
May 28, 2011
Here's my thoughts about having a pet.It would be so awesome if we can ride our pets when it fully trained at Mega and we should have like a pet battles in the arena whoever wins should earn like a rank also receive some kinda gears for us that would be great!