Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2011
You know how there's this new polar bear cub pet?Yeah, the one with the viking hat.
Well what would be another cool pet idea would be a panda cub, but instead of a viking hat, it wears a sakkat(straw hat). It's so cute, it would be un-bear-able!

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
Can we get an elixir in the crown shop to increase the pet drop? A house without pets feels lifeless. I buy these bundles with huge houses and yards but can only drop 50 pets.
I have been playing the game for a little over three years. For me a lot of the fun is in trying to get every pet and mount I can. And every time I turn around KingsIsle is making a new one, love it. But where to put them? I would love to be able to put all my adult hatching pets in one place for people to see. I assume that when they put a new pet in the crown shop they want me to buy it, so please give me a place to put them.
Ok Ok
mattie1010

Survivor
Jun 08, 2011
I would absolutely LOVE it if we had a chance or strategy for telling your pets abilities before you train them, (besides training them in test realm, because that is IMPOSSIBLE if you dont have mega snacks) my reasons:

1. because I've trained pets to epic (I"m to lazy for mega) and had big letdowns like when my first epic pet ended up having +50 max strength, +2% power pip chance and life bat (i think it had like + 50 will or something but im not sure) and i was just so disappointed.

2. I also was shocked when i found out unicorn had the chance of may cast unicorn (it may sound strange that u think this is surprising, but how come it has such a good ability if its a wizard city pet you can get for 2000 gold?) There are lots of other pets that cost lost more but don't have that good of an ability??

Please make this change KI

- Connor Ironblood level 56 (Currently at beginning of of science center)

Survivor
May 31, 2010
I would like to see a better system to hatching and getting pet talents. I think all pets should have a healing talent, especially since we need that in Khrysalis.

I also would like a black unicorn like the white unicorn that is already available. I would like there to be 3 black unicorns each with a different mane, such as a blonde mane, a blue-green mane and a pink/purple mane. Each of the new unicorns would be from different schools, say myth, death and storm. A multi color mane would be nice too and that could be a balance unicorn. A black unicorn mount, that is like the white unicorn mount, would be awesome too.

I would like to see pets, such as pixies, that are themed. For example a pixie that is dressed like a cowgirl and we could get cowgirl/cowboy outfits to match. Or a teddy bear or piggle that is dressed as a ballerina. I think a potted plant, such as tulips, with a face would make a nice pet.

If I am going to spend so much time working on my pet I think it should be more helpful. If you are afraid that this might mess up pvp, then have talents just for questing and those for pvp.

I also would like to see more pets with a blade or feint on it like the ones that have cards with them. For example my carnation pixie has a balance blade that shows up in my deck. And maybe there could be more then one that goes in the deck depending on what level you train the pet to.

Miranda Fairytamer I

Survivor
Feb 16, 2010
I think you should be able to summon your pet as a minion in battle.

Survivor
Jan 01, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?

I think It'd be pretty awesome if you added another type of dance
, but this dance made you dance with your pet. Anybody agree that would be pretty epic Valerian darkblade level 91 ..........................................................................................Wolf thunderhammer level 33 warlord

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
I think it would be cool if your pet gains spell when you train them so they can have a deck to cast spells out of

Jacob walmarker

Survivor
Oct 16, 2013
I love it when my pets give me critical or my casts such as stuff like amplify and unicorn or healing current so the best place to train them is in grumpy gobblers.
P.S i think we should get some new pets that give new cards

Survivor
Aug 14, 2012
well were to start well i think you should give pets more of a part in a battle.You already did this i pirate101 were your pet joins you in battle if you are lucky.So why not make them like minions you summon. Make them do there own spells so you don't control them. Please do this i walk around with my pet a cat thug i got from the crown shop and it only does sprite i can get cat thug i just have to level him.I just it to be that they are more part of a battle.KevinSpellFlame level 62

Survivor
Jul 06, 2010
I want to hug them and feed the treats and do jokes on people.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
Kings isle. This message is for you I am a level 36 Wizard and have teen velociraptor he gives me the spell fire trap and firezilla I am so tired of training him and two other pets plz make it where your pet gets a small amount of experience if you win a battle with him equipped and more experience if you use a spell he casts thank you so much if you say yes it would be so awesome

Explorer
Apr 21, 2012
Small suggestion, and I don't think it would be hard to do.

Know those whisps that start circling the wizard when they achieve a certain level / throw critical?

Same basic concept. Each time the pet levels up, add a tiny 'whisp' that circles them. Maybe add them when they reach epic? Beats me.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
mebbenow on May 16, 2014 wrote:
Small suggestion, and I don't think it would be hard to do.

Know those whisps that start circling the wizard when they achieve a certain level / throw critical?

Same basic concept. Each time the pet levels up, add a tiny 'whisp' that circles them. Maybe add them when they reach epic? Beats me.
I think you're confused. The only wisp that circles wizards is from Mastery Amulets. It tells everyone they are wearing one and the color tells what school.

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
Well, maybe this is random but we should be able to play with them like real pets.If you had a dragon you could fly with it in your house with a mount on. Just saying.

AntonioFiremender lvl 69

Survivor
Dec 02, 2011
danny22 on Jan 29, 2009 wrote:
hi i thought i would tell youwhat i would like to do with my pet. It would be cool for them to have spells to use also i think it would coolif we could interact with our pets. it would also be cool to be able to dress them also
:D
Dude! that sounds awesome!

AntonioFiremender lvl 69

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
there should be a mc spell trainer in the pet pavillion where you can teach your pet may cast spells but make it hard to do so it wont be abused (maybe only 50% chance that the training works or something like that)

Blaze FireSword lvl 68

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
dragonborn3079 on May 8, 2014 wrote:
Kings isle. This message is for you I am a level 36 Wizard and have teen velociraptor he gives me the spell fire trap and firezilla I am so tired of training him and two other pets plz make it where your pet gets a small amount of experience if you win a battle with him equipped and more experience if you use a spell he casts thank you so much if you say yes it would be so awesome
yeah thats a good idea like when we finish battles we get xp (purple numbers above us) our pets should get that to!

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Pets should so get xp from battles!!!

cya in the

Angela

Survivor
Jan 03, 2013
hmm. Hard question but I have an idea perhaps. What if you could make a pet with a power of 50 or greater be able to transform into a mount? Whenever you entered a no-mount zone it could just change back into it's pet form or whenever you enter a battle. Or maybe you could go into a pet battle. Same deck and such but you play as your pet. Kinda like a transformation. What doya think?

Survivor
May 30, 2014
What if a Pet had their very own stats Defences attack power Personalitys A spell Locket that Keeps a pets spells And favorite foods For example:
Cole Species: Dragon
Personality: Quirky
Ability: Heal Owner
School:Life
Spell Locket: Sprite, Life Shield, Imp, Leprechaun. A you can teach a pet a spell from your own spellbook.

This is My idea of a pet I hope you Like this Idea :D

Kyle Swiftstone Level 9

Survivor
Feb 26, 2012
i think it would be cool if you are able to:
1) feed your pets whenever
2) have every pet give a spell that creates a minion that looks just like them
3) train them to do tricks like jump speak and attack >:)
4)they should also get bigger when they level up
5) they should be able to take care of your plants
6) they should have mana health level and spells (pets have half the amount of the owner)\

if you see me online freind me! valerian titanspear + lord buster the heck hound

Survivor
Jul 01, 2013
An awesome addition would be...

1) My sister had an idea of a pet arena were pets would battle pets,
like pvp were your pet would get experience and rewards functioned
like at games in pet pavilion were you'd feed it a treat OR play for prizes.

2) A mount idea is pretty sweet, though its not appropriate for every pet. So maybe some
pets are mount pets, battle pets, and show pets( i will explain that in the next one) and
derby pets, depending on their type.

EX: Hydra (mount pet) Troll (battle pet) Piggle (show pet) leopard (derby pet)
see depending on there types they were categorized into different sections,
and of course any pet can do any one of these but those sections that they are in
are what they perform best in and get the most experience from.

3) show pets are pets that can do tricks in a show ring in a certain amount of time there are
levels. (easy, medium, hard) that you start in easy and depending in how you preform you would
move up a level where you would earn more experience or better prizes. 3 AIs will decide who
will decide who did the best.

That is what I think on pets,
from Samantha Soulwalker lv. 26

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
I think pets should gain 1-2 EXP for every battle that they participate in, that way pets still have a way to level up while you are low on energy due to gardening or training them earlier. :)

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
My Idea is to have your pet turn into a mount (not all pets have the ability only a few do)
Like a dragon can turn into a dragon mount (at a specific age adult or higher)

or you can feed your pets anytime or make them do cool tricks!

James ShadowBlade 25

Survivor
Feb 20, 2012
seethe42 on May 16, 2014 wrote:
I think you're confused. The only wisp that circles wizards is from Mastery Amulets. It tells everyone they are wearing one and the color tells what school.
Didn't know that a wisp will show when wearing master amulets Thnx for the fact