Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
Kyle Blake on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
I do have a great idea that will involve kara into the game ... Pets should have a happiness meter added, along with a food and cleanliness meter. Wizards will get a pet bath, a bit of food, and some toys and actions upon getting one's first pet. Afterwards these items will have to be bought (soap for the bath). The bathing could be a minigame and, on the other side, playing with the toys will increase happiness and feeding will will increase hunger. There could also be a bar for fitness (not strength, though it might could affect the max); running around with the pet out (e.g. not using a mount for a little while) will increase this bar.

Pets that can use skills will have a higher tendency to use their spell if all these bars are hight, with perhaps parabolic or logistic curves (most likely logistic curves) for determining % chance increase per actication per y where y = the sum of the bars. for instance we could have a simple but functional formula of x=(y^3/mn)+50 where y is the sum of the bars and n is the number of bars and m is the base percent you want it to be. With this formul a pet with 0 in every bar connot use its spells on its own but a pet with precicely 100 in everything will use it every time it has a chance to be triggered (if m=1).

otherwise the pets without may cast spells would just dance happily or something when the bars are full, smile when their bars are high and snarl and frown when they're low.
This would get crazy for some of us who use many different pets on many different characters x: (me) but cool idea.

Wolf Skullslinger, the wizard attempting a SPUDF pet lol.

Explorer
Mar 06, 2011
Kyle Blake on Dec 20, 2012 wrote:
I do have a great idea that will involve kara into the game ... Pets should have a happiness meter added, along with a food and cleanliness meter. Wizards will get a pet bath, a bit of food, and some toys and actions upon getting one's first pet. Afterwards these items will have to be bought (soap for the bath). The bathing could be a minigame and, on the other side, playing with the toys will increase happiness and feeding will will increase hunger. There could also be a bar for fitness (not strength, though it might could affect the max); running around with the pet out (e.g. not using a mount for a little while) will increase this bar.

Pets that can use skills will have a higher tendency to use their spell if all these bars are hight, with perhaps parabolic or logistic curves (most likely logistic curves) for determining % chance increase per actication per y where y = the sum of the bars. for instance we could have a simple but functional formula of x=(y^3/mn)+50 where y is the sum of the bars and n is the number of bars and m is the base percent you want it to be. With this formul a pet with 0 in every bar connot use its spells on its own but a pet with precicely 100 in everything will use it every time it has a chance to be triggered (if m=1).

otherwise the pets without may cast spells would just dance happily or something when the bars are full, smile when their bars are high and snarl and frown when they're low.
That is an amazing idea. it would be nice to finality have some challenge to pets. instead of just playing games and earning talents, you would constantly have to be checking your pet's cleanliness, fitness, hunger, etc. Also, the pets changing emotions depending on how cared for they are, that would be a cool mechanic

Survivor
Apr 14, 2012
It would be cool if you could teach your pets tricks like when your pet levels up to an adult or teen it gets a new trick. And when you click on your pet you could activate that trick for every one to see.
I don't really like the idea of having to clean or feed your pet on a daily basis though.

Survivor
Apr 14, 2012
Flair128512 on Jan 29, 2009 wrote:
I have a series of ideas. I think that for 1. you should allow them to fight with you insted of them just standing there. that is why people don't like buying pets. the stronger the pet, the more it costs and the more it costs... that goes into my next quote...
I also think for 2. you should make the pets with higher value do tricks! ticks would be cool! i have seen that this game is based ALOT on toon town. so there are these things on toontown called doodles, they are pets and you can teach them tricks. something you could add as your oun websites is making pet shows! witch goes into my next resion...
I have played alot of games ok? like runescape, toontown,webkins,world of war craft, call of duty... i am into the medevil games though. anyway, i was thinking and wondered if you could make pet shows, i thought... maby you could earn something like tickets at the battle arena! only something different like................... coins! you could trade them in for things! and that goes into my next model idea!...
With the coins you earn for this you could customize you pet! for every pet you could buy collers, hats, shirts ( on only spacific tipes of pets. ) and other cloths.

senserily, Wolf Hawkcrafter-

PS. please make this a part of wizard 101! i am a huge fan! i play every day and i even got my mom, dad, little brother and little sister, cusin, uncle, and my grandpa to play it! I just love this game! Please?
I love your idea of getting to customize your pet with collars and things like that. Your idea should totally be added to the game

Defender
May 29, 2009
Survivor
Jun 24, 2011
I think that would be Awesome! I would like a little more animation in them that would be fantastic

Survivor
May 01, 2011
Yes I would like to be able to cahnge the color of all pets not just the current few.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2012
I think my pet is loyal. I am storm. he can cast a storm blade. he is very helpful

Defender
Aug 01, 2011
Tabesto on Mar 24, 2013 wrote:
I love your idea of getting to customize your pet with collars and things like that. Your idea should totally be added to the game
That would be cool! I would love to put a life hat on my pets or something. Or give them a necklace!

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I would like my pet to run the derby while I'm asleep so that when I wake up he has armloads of event tickets and snacks :)

Defender
May 11, 2012
This may sound silly, but I would love it if my wizard was able to pet or give her pet a hug just like we do with our pets in real life.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2012
My thoughts/ideas on Wizard101 Pets!
I think we should be able to view our pets future skills, because it is frustrating to train your pet all the way up to mega, and then get a bad skill. I also think that when your pet learns a 'may cast' spell, that you should be able to see the chance (percentage) of how often the pet will cast it. It's weird because one of my pets, for a period of time, never casts sprite, (My pet learned the spritely skill) and then my pet starts casting the sprite spell four times in a row, and more. Is there some cause for that? Or is it just random? Is there some reaction for the pet to cast something in battle? Or does it rely on how often the pet's parents, and ancestors casted spritely. It would also be cool to be able to put armor on your pet, and they could fight in battles too. (Of course, pets would be weak) Even making some special pets that when you train them to a certain level, you can ride them as mounts.

These are just some of my ideas.
I hope some of them will come in the game soon because it would make it more interesting.
A great website for skills & more on Wizard101 Pets:
Click here!
Cheers!

Survivor
Feb 05, 2012
I would probably want a pet that dose a 10 pipe spell that it hasn't learned yet.

Survivor
Dec 16, 2012
I bred (by my self) with a unicorn and a giraffe (cast sprite) I was aiming for a unicorn that casts sprite (ordinarily a normal unicorn) I don't know if the unicorn I hatched will cast sprite.

Fiona RubyFlame Master 45 Thaumaturge

Survivor
Jan 28, 2011
ivan217 wrote:
It will be fun if your pet battle with you and helps you yay :)
Pets can ALREADY help. Mine does may cast myth trap (fragmented dragon) and may cast sprite (phoenix)

Survivor
Apr 20, 2013
I would love it if I could earn equipment for my pet from battling! (In other words I'm a crazy girl who wants to dress up her pet xD lol)

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
I would love it if there was a solid way to acquire a spud pet. I hate having to rely on chance and luck...

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
TayD on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
Oh well I would love for my pet to be used as minion if only for one round (or at least all pets have a card). I would also love for the pets to be more active when standing around and have actions they perform or interact with people/pets standing nearby.

On the design side, it would be nice to "dress pets" or at least be able to change their color for all pets. The magician rat wears a suit, it would be a nice feature to select other clothes items worn.

Just some thoughts.
yeah that would be sweet to dress a pet

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
I have a hatching idea for new pets this way every single pet is unique after being hatched.

first randomize the choices for the traits and stats. also allow a possibility of the pet inheriting a card from the hatch. for example hatching a red ghost with a shadow minion. both have cards but the idea should be a random card chosen from one of the two parents and is given at birth, teen, adult, ancient, or mega. this way say I wanted the shadow beast but I also want the red ghost card this can then be a possibility.
now the main way to make a pet unique and it could be rather difficult, but...
have the texture or skin or the pet chosen randomly
( there is a lot of random probability)
an example of this would be hatching a red ghost with any creature. but I don't want the red ghost's body I want the body of the other creature but I want that red transparent skin this can now be a possibility.

a third idea for a unique creature is Build-a-Pet
you start by finding a vendor, you have the possibility of using 8 different regents and only a max of 10 of each regent. these regents will determine the stat levels.
then you pick the type for instance, death type.
then it starts you of with selecting a body type: standing (two legs), standing (four legs): or flying
then it gives a random pet to change the features of:
wings/back
tail type/ no tail
the arms / no arms
head type
the body shape
the legs and feet
horns / no horns / halo / no halo
then after picking every possible body part from every existing pet that has had their body parts tagged and placed inside a blend and select style program you pick the texture of the pet or its skin, the color and the transparency of the pet
next is the name of the pet
finally each part used is individually priced and is now on a check out list
the pet is turned into an egg after paying some grossly large amount of either gold or crowns
members should get the option to buy with gold as to where free-accounts should have to use crowns

Survivor
Jan 18, 2013
I think it would be cool if youd bring back the storm beetle and make it a pet for a high ranking boss like someone in celestia so storm people can take it and im storm and i need the extra power and strenghen my attacks against bosses.

Survivor
Oct 20, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
1. I think you should make your pets bigger and ride them and you can go any where freely, example: you get on your pet and you make it go up to the sky and fly everywhere I think they should add that
in the game that would be super fun and make a limit to not go too high. 2.you could change your pets color like purple, green, and rainbow. 3. Make tuxedos and dresses and bows for your pet!!you could do a little bow and arrow on it's back if that's ok. 4.make them your minions like if you have the bow and arrow on its back if you allow it it will shoot the bow and arrow and use its spells! Thank you- Sophia Wildflower

Defender
Apr 22, 2012
Professor Greyrose on Jan 28, 2009 wrote:
What kind of options are you interested in for training your pets?
every pet should give the spell they are (firecat gives firecat, mythbat gives mythbat etc) and they would cast it as a "may cast" so they choose

Survivor
Oct 11, 2012
It would be nice for instead of pets being mini they could be the size of the spells if a pet doesnt have a matching spell it should still be bigger
For instants, a heckhound spell shows a huge heckhound and the heckhound pet is way smaller

Survivor
Feb 14, 2013
I think that we should be able to still have our pets out, even if we are riding a mount. My pet Golden Piggle, Jasper, needs some excersise. :D :D :D

James Hexshield, Level 26 Conjurer
"The cake is a lie! But the pie tells the truth..."

Defender
Dec 20, 2012
I would like in the Pet Pavillion to there be a game where a wizard and a pet can team up to beat something in the game

- Cheyenne StormHunter lvl 23