Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More options to train your pets

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
It would be neat to use your pet as a port marker. like one post said be able to port to your pet. I will also make the statement I have made many times in past. I believe no matter what school a pet is, any wizard should be able to take it into the pet pavillion and level it. This would be only place you could have attached to you a pet not in your school. Stormzilla could be leveled by Ice or fire or any wizard. Not use it in a fight, but leveling only.
Also I did something neat with my pets. I won as drops some of those pedistools or bases you place a statue on. I put it near my garden and placed a pet on top of it. The pet does not move off the base and the Garden plants watch him as he watches back like a staring contest. I like the grapes of wrath as they all glare at the pet. Those that visit my place comment on how it looks like a staring contest going on.

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
Give them critical talents/critical block, perhaps armor piercing. Only if they're A pet such as Sea Dragon for example though.

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
I think that having them be minions is good but not a great idea also I think that dressing them up is a stupid idea too

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
How about having a mini world, a commons and one street. Instead of xp, you get pet xp, and you play as your pet. Your Pete's school, level, and may cast talents would all change your deck, and each pet wold have their own special spell.

Defender
Aug 22, 2010
Champion
Feb 03, 2012
Have my pet become a mount. :D Imagine riding a Stormzilla. :D

Explorer
Dec 02, 2011
hugsforyou wrote:
Maybe train them tricks? like if you have a fire cat pet when you or a friend plays a fire cat it will go in the ring like it was a spell
good idea they could learn better tricks as they grew older

Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
I have a time slot for pets and i think it is called "charge". How do you use it? :?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I like the pet furniture idea. :)
I would also like to interact with my pet (no, not using 'emotes' and dancing), like petting them when they've done well.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2009
I have a few ideas. Another pet game in the pet pavilion. All pets have a spell card, Change the color of ANY pet, also I have noticed that there are barely any Myth snakcs with good stats. The only good Myth snacks i have noticed are Ambro's Cereal, and Delicious Cookie. The idea I want the most is that pets you recieve when you complete your level 48 spell quest can have the talent Spritely, I noticed only the lvl 58 quest pets can do that. I prefer Orthrus over my Humongofrog but I wish it could do Spritely.

Defender
May 15, 2010
This isn't something to do with your pets, but I have noticed there are very advanced pets now. With the pets, there are hybrids. Obviously, if you have another advanced pet, and then get a hybrid, the card it gives is for one school only due to the pip costs. This is something to fix. Also, if your pet has astute or spirited or something, it should just get those over time, and not learn it as a talent. It isn't fun training pets to epic with only getting the results of higher max stats. I mean, what would be the point? For both of these complaints, as you would call them.

Would you do something about these problems, like change the school of the cards depending on what type of wizard you are. As even though it may give somewhat good stats, the other advanced pet may have the same or even better stats. The only difference is it has a different card that cannot be used. As for the max stats talents. Please apply this. This has never happened to me, but I am sure people have this problem, and sure it is annoying. I have a midnight spritefor my death, though it is still baby. It has two actual talents if I am right. The other raise the max statistics. This leads to training your pets, which is good, but it may just be consuming your time.

Thank you for reading this message, and I hope you do something, and quickly please... I go through a lot of these message board posts. As I go through them, I notice lots of complaints, and then some of the more recent ones are that it took so long for Kingsisle to actually listen up. This is yet another complaint. Go through these message boards, and please look at the complaints of everybody and respond to some of them, and apply them a little earlier if possible. If you did this, I would be ecstatic.

- Valkoor Skullspear, Master of death

Survivor
Oct 23, 2011
NorinSerentel wrote:
3. Pet Customization- Ok, so you can color your Dragon, But can you put a Plate Helm on your Piggle? Or maybe your Pixie is complaining about not having the newest fashons! Who says Princess Bruiser shouldn't have a sword?
Awesome! Buddy could have a Viking hat! Or He and Kitty could be pirates! Buddy, (my Stormzilla), could smash people in a fight!

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
i think that you should be able to train your mount like your pet!

Defender
May 19, 2012
I would like to see pets more useful in battle than just throwing out a card at random (if they even have this talent). I would also like to be able to have my pet out following me around, even when I am on my mount.

I would like to see pets interact with each other and with you when they are running around your house. Right now all they do is float around the house with their cute little behaviors, but they totally ignore you and your other pets. It would be cool if you could right click on the pet and have a radial menu come up that lets you command the pet to do a trick, pet your pet, scold your pet, feed your pet, etc, with different animation effects depending on what you select.

Not sure if this is the right place to also bring up about minions, but the storm minion water elemental is very very annoying.

He just sits there and spams shields and heals on himself while you are standing there being bombarded by the monsters, and nearly dead. I think that until the monsters turn on the minion, he should not be allowed to heal himself. He can throw heals on you, he can shield himself in preparation for a taunt, but I think the first set of shields should be reserved for you since you are still taking damage from the monsters, but until he taunts and they actually turn on him, heals should be reserved for you or your party members and not for him.

I don't care that he doesn't attack. I do find him useful if I can pull him out early in the fight, and if I can get him to shield and taunt within the first few rounds. If I can't pull him out early in the fight and/or he just sits there spamming heals and never shields himself or taunts, then he is obviously useless to me in that fight and a waste of pips.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
i really had something strange going on with my pets. i spent a long time training 2 pets to adult, then i hatched my dragon and a fire salamander. i got another fire salamander. why? i used so much time on that!

Survivor
Feb 25, 2012
Blaze111314 wrote:
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

I would love it if every one could train there pets until it is realy big and then ride your pet.

good idea that would be awesome i would have fun riding an orthrus pet

Survivor
Dec 30, 2011
Where do I start?! Okay, people are complaining that pets don't do anything in battle. First off, that's not true. They cast spells and can heal if they have spritely. Second, I think that we need to think about this. Pets and mounts are being confused, obviously. People want to ride their pets, but they have mounts available to ride. They want to fly around in the sky to battle, but what's the point of that? I mean, our pets are a cool thing Kings Isle did. We have them for certain things, but KI didn't have to add them. Be grateful that they did that, you smart ones!

I just have an idea for mounts. We should be able to breed mounts on Wizard101. They should have hybrids and stuff for them. We should have all mounts available in gold payments, even if the price is super high. The crowns price needs to stay, but KI, please add gold costs(high or low) to everything in the crown shop. P.S. Will you lower the cost of the school houses or have a special week when the costs for them are lowered???PLEASE??

Survivor
Dec 30, 2011
eric123456789028 wrote:
i really had something strange going on with my pets. i spent a long time training 2 pets to adult, then i hatched my dragon and a fire salamander. i got another fire salamander. why? i used so much time on that!
Okay, the reason for this is the so called pet genes. look up pet breeding and search for it. You get a:

25% chance of getting the dragon
25% chance of getting the fire salamander
25% chance of getting the Fire salamander based hybrid
25% chance of getting the dragon based hybrid

These numbers are not exact, but they are round to a close margin. Eric, I know what you mean bro. My piggle hatched with a Orthrus, but I got a piggle back. I was not a happy camper, especially since it couldn't even cast a spell. I was a mad woman.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
they should be like a minion and help with spells like there should be pet schools and they have leavals and learn there school spells like us if it is a myth pet it can learn myth spells
so they just leaval up like us and get spells and be a second person and help us in battle and make them bigger the only biggest 1 that is the size of us is the manders i hope you make that change do u want this too?

Survivor
Sep 05, 2011
i have another thing maybe they shoud stay somewhere then we can go somewhere else then go back and they should also use tresure cards

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
I think your pet should be like your minion and be able to cast spells HOWEVER in battle, it costs 5 energy a round to keep your pet with you. Now, with spells for example:

If its a ice pet:
Frost beetle, evil snowman, ice trap, tower shield, snow shark and sprite.

If its a fire pet:
Sprite, link, smoke mantle, fire elf and sunbird.

If its a life pet:
Sprite, imp, spirit armor, pixie, and leperchan.

If its a myth pet:
Myth trap, storm shield, sprite, blood bat, and troll

If its a balance pet:
Scarb, hex, elemental shield, spirit shield and tower shield.

If its a death pet:
Death trap, life shield, curse, tower shield and ghoul.

If its a storm pet:
Lightning bats, thunder snake, myth shield, tower shield, and sprite.

Your pet will have half of your health and pip chance, etc. It costs 5 energy a round to keep your pet with you. If you do not have enough, your pet will stop casting spells.

Jasmine FireBlade lvl 77 pyromancer
Jessica SparkleGem lvl 70 thaumaturge

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
Professor Greyrose wrote:
A question for all our young Wizards who love their pets:

What cool new things would you like to do with your pets in Wizard101?

Please reply to this post and let us know!

I Have An Idea. I have allot of pets! and it really takes forever to train them, so i was thinking why not for every quests that you do, the pet your equiped with gains a small amount of xp. Maybe even quests made only to level your pet. :) This would make it more enjoyable and not use up time.

Or Because your pet runs around so much, why not for every thousand or so steps you and it takes it gains some agility, or for a certain amount of battle you win, the pet gains strength, and so forth. :D

Defender
May 19, 2012
cmarhythm wrote:
Where do I start?! Okay, people are complaining that pets don't do anything in battle. First off, that's not true. They cast spells and can heal if they have spritely.

They have to have the talents to do those things. If they don't have those talents, they are pretty useless in combat. I don't think KI should go so far as to have pets cast full fledged spells or use treasure cards as some people have suggested, but I'd like to see them more interactive in combat...maybe have their own set of combat skills, like 'bite' or 'claw' or 'rake', etc. that maybe does small amounts of damage to the monsters. I don't think the animation effects of these pet skills should be much more than the pet jumping out at the monster and clawing or raking or biting it, as the spell animation effects already draw the battles out way too long as it is, but just a little something to make you feel the pet is actually useful to have there with you, whether it has the May Cast spells or not.

I would also like to see a complete severing of derby related talents from battle related talents. They already get derby talents under the derby tab, so why should our battle related talents affect derby skills as well? I would like to see 'selfish' talents either completely done away with or moved over to the derby talent tab and create some more useful battle talents instead. This goes back to my suggestion of skills like bite, claw, rake, etc. Let those who want derby pets, train their pets up for the derby, and those of us who are not interested in the derby, train our pets up for combat, please.

wiccansheld wrote:
I Have An Idea. I have allot of pets! and it really takes forever to train them, so i was thinking why not for every quests that you do, the pet your equiped with gains a small amount of xp. Maybe even quests made only to level your pet. This would make it more enjoyable and not use up time.

Or Because your pet runs around so much, why not for every thousand or so steps you and it takes it gains some agility, or for a certain amount of battle you win, the pet gains strength, and so forth.

I think quests made to only level your pet, or the pet gaining experience depending upon the activities you perform would be so much more ideal than the current method of training pets. I simply abhor training my pets by playing games, and would welcome either or both of these methods wholeheartedly.

Survivor
May 13, 2009
I feel like, having been here for a while, that the four mini games in the Pet Pavillion have gotten kind of repetitive. :) -pun intended-

I have this idea, that maybe there could be an extra booth which would open up and have seasonable/holiday themed pet training games! :D The game would switch according to the nearest big holiday! (Maybe just summer themed during summer when there aren't many special occasions?)

I hope you like my idea!

~Megan N.S.

Survivor
Jul 08, 2012
Well, I would love to see this happen. I have a Skyracer Pegasus that I love. But I also have a white and cyan balance dragon named Ellie,and my favorite a white and black brave hound pet I got named Lily. I love the pegasus's looks and the ability to travel faster. But maybe like we could have like your pet dragon flap it's wings next to the pegasus or like my brave hound pet just sitting on the pegasus next to your wizard.